Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tal0ne.co.uk reviews (Wicked Servers)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Nojus View Post
    And I have to disagree with you, too.

    Yes, there are cheaper providers out there, but in my experience (i have spread out reviews on other providers reviews threads in this forum), they do not deliver as much bang per buck as tal0ne. I do have to give it the reasonable thought that everyone's needs are different and there's no such thing as a universal seedbox that would fit everyone's needs for life.
    They do not deliver? Why do you say that? Reviews here and especially on Reddit reveal there are very good providers for half the price. They are even way better than Tal0ne vs cost.
    On the Reddit benchmarks (which is one of the few unbiased benchmarks there is), the Tal0ne seedbox severely underperformed. In fact, it was the worst performer from all Seedboxes from all the tests.
    So yes, I can safely state they are severely overpriced.

    Originally posted by Nojus View Post
    Secondly, they do allow public torrents, you just can't seed them. Why would you want do that in the first place though? I know that sharing is caring, but public torrents usually have no problem with seeds.
    They allow public torrents but no sharing? That's way worse than completely disallowing them. If you download something from any tracker and don't share back, you're just a parasite, pure a simple. That's why torrents die in the first place.

    And yes, public torrents usually DO have a problem with seeds, especially because people who have a mentality like yours, who just share because they're forced to. If everyone shared back until at least reaching a ratio of 1, torrents would never die.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Electrolux View Post
      They do not deliver? Why do you say that? Reviews here and especially on Reddit reveal there are very good providers for half the price. They are even way better than Tal0ne vs cost.
      On the Reddit benchmarks (which is one of the few unbiased benchmarks there is), the Tal0ne seedbox severely underperformed. In fact, it was the worst performer from all Seedboxes from all the tests.
      So yes, I can safely state they are severely overpriced.
      Yes, $17.21 slot's performance is always gonna be just the same or even better as of that in 70-123 dollar range. Nice job. The only slot with shared hardware was tal0ne's. How is that a viable comparison?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Nojus View Post
        Yes, $17.21 slot's performance is always gonna be just the same or even better as of that in 70-123 dollar range. Nice job. The only slot with shared hardware was tal0ne's. How is that a viable comparison?
        Compare with all the other shared seedboxes tests, not with that test alone. As all the tests were done by the same user, with the same script, on the same tracker and using the same settings, that's a fair comparison.
        Tal0ne was the worst performer from all the shared seedbox vendors, but by far.
        Look at this test that a $15 Feral Hosting went head to head vs two dedicated servers, and compare the final results vs the Tal0ne test and then tell me something...

        There are a multitude of benchmarks of shared seedbox providers, and all of them beat Tal0ne.
        So please don't tell me they have an awesome service, that they are better than the competition, because they are not.

        Regards.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Electrolux View Post
          bla bla bla .....
          People who actually are using their services have the right to think whatever they want to and this is actually a review thread and it seems that you ended up in the wrong thread so why don't you take your hate somewhere else instead of arguing with people who are actually here to leave an honest review about their services.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by iSMAEL View Post
            People who actually are using their services have the right to think whatever they want to and this is actually a review thread and it seems that you ended up in the wrong thread so why don't you take your hate somewhere else instead of arguing with people who are actually here to leave an honest review about their services.
            I'm just expressing my opinion, and also stating facts. There are absolutely no rules against that.
            For example, I reviewed the box4seed, and there are also people who go there to stress their satisfaction/doubts about the service. Some are warranted, others are not. It's life.

            Now, there is absolutely nothing wrong or false about what I said.

            Regards.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Electrolux View Post
              Compare with all the other shared seedboxes tests, not with that test alone. As all the tests were done by the same user, with the same script, on the same tracker and using the same settings, that's a fair comparison.
              Tal0ne was the worst performer from all the shared seedbox vendors, but by far.
              Look at this test that a $15 Feral Hosting went head to head vs two dedicated servers, and compare the final results vs the Tal0ne test and then tell me something...

              There are a multitude of benchmarks of shared seedbox providers, and all of them beat Tal0ne.
              So please don't tell me they have an awesome service, that they are better than the competition, because they are not.

              Regards.
              I am not stating you are wrong, but just to add to my own statement, I have never used any scripts on my box, because I don't need them. The current box that I have averages 15-25MB/s upload speed and can do that without going down the 15MB/s mark for at least 4 hours (i have not tested it for longer). And that's with me paying ~50eur/year. From my experience no other provider came close to that in the price range, but I have not tried them all, of course.

              Comment


              • @Nojus: Why are you even wasting your time with this fella? Let him type as much as he wants because no one care about what he have to say anyway. We have seen him doing this before in this forum and obviously he have some issues and arguing with people leaving an honest review about their experience with this provider.
                There could be many reasons why tal0ne failed in that test such as bad drive, bad peering etc .. but it doesn't make them to a bad provider just because of one failed test.
                Last edited by iSMAEL; April 18, 2016, 07:26 AM.

                Comment


                • Is it me or isn't the point of the review threads to give feedback on "personal" experience with providers/slots? Be that good or bad.
                  It seems that Electrolux wants to make this section of the forums redundant by intimating that our "personal" experience means nothing compared with what he has read on the internet of a third party's findings.

                  Ferals admin are/were based less than 50 miles away from me and I have used them in the past in my irssi days. I had zero issues and this was at a time when reddit was full of nothing but hate for Feral.
                  So despite having no issues at all, I'm wondering if Electrolux thinks I should have dumped them?

                  Anyway isn't the comparison with Feral a bit lame? Can I run Sonarr, Plex, CouchPotato on the Feral box? No. Do I want to use public trackers? No.
                  Maybe if Electrolux feels so strongly opposed to a provider that he hasn't used (or at least not stated he has), he could do his comparisons with one of the handful of providers that do have the apps mentioned. At least it would give his posts a point.

                  As for his morality comments referring to some torrenters as parasites .... Yeah steal what you want as long as you hit at least a 1:1 ratio. WTF!!
                  (cue a response saying he only downloads non copyright material?)

                  PS. Do you any of you guys use Jackett in on their box? I'm just having a small issue and would appreciate some assistance (Linux novice)
                  Last edited by soulfire; April 18, 2016, 12:12 PM.
                  http://www.speedtest.net/result/3314782553.png

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Electrolux View Post
                    Excuse me, if I may, but I really don't understand how you're so happy with the service.

                    First in the pros, you say the seedbox has a "respectable price", I cannot disagree more. For what you're getting, you're paying almost twice as much as you would pay to any good provider.
                    The upload speed you got is also pretty low when considering you're paying 45 euros+ a month.

                    And more, according to the screenshots you posted, everything is paid! Most providers will setup those services for free, and they are cheaper overall. They don't even allow public trackers!

                    And you were happy you had to pay when you were locked out from your box (and they took 24 hours to solve the issue)? Are you kidding me? You're already paying them a fortune for the service they provide, they are a managed seedbox service, you shouldn't have to pay for the misconfigurations you do.

                    I really don't understand why people go with Tal0ne, and your review only reinforced my view of their services.
                    First of all, you're excused.

                    I will counter your "concerns" one by one.

                    Respectable price - One of the great things about tal0ne is TRANSPARENCY. You truly get what you pay for. Sure other shared services out there offer *20gbps* lines and most if not all fail to tell you between how many others you are SHARING the line AND HDD with - usually many - as much as 8. Tal0ne lay their cards on the table and offer a respectable service with fewer clients sharing a line offering BETTER SPEEDS

                    You want to see upload speed ey? ...The previous shot was just showing download....here we go



                    Now for ADDONS - the screenshot was merely showing what type of addons they show - THEY DO add them on for FREE on initial setup.

                    "They don't even allow public trackers" - I'm not being funny mate, but what n00b seedbox provider have you been using that actually allows public trackers??? Furthermore, why on earth are you using public trackers.

                    I was using a VPS seedbox with full access which was NON managed. I paid a one time fee for them to manage the seedbox after I messed up their TWEAKED kernal.

                    The reason you don't understand why people go with tal0ne is easy.......You've never been with Tal0ne. Give it a go...they offer trials and you will see :)

                    Stay blessed.

                    Scard

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by scard View Post
                      First of all, you're excused.

                      I will counter your "concerns" one by one.

                      Respectable price - One of the great things about tal0ne is TRANSPARENCY. You truly get what you pay for. Sure other shared services out there offer *20gbps* lines and most if not all fail to tell you between how many others you are SHARING the line AND HDD with - usually many - as much as 8. Tal0ne lay their cards on the table and offer a respectable service with fewer clients sharing a line offering BETTER SPEEDS
                      Really?
                      Why did they fail on the benchmarks then?

                      Originally posted by scard View Post
                      You want to see upload speed ey? ...The previous shot was just showing download....here we go
                      The speeds on this screenshots are OK, but not for 45, especially when you have to pay when you mess up.

                      Originally posted by scard View Post
                      "They don't even allow public trackers" - I'm not being funny mate, but what n00b seedbox provider have you been using that actually allows public trackers??? Furthermore, why on earth are you using public trackers.
                      Noob? LOL. Why shouldn't I use public trackers? If there is a torrent that I want on a public tracker, I simply download it and share, that's it. Now I understand why some seedbox companies don't want users to use private trackers, because of money, they don't earn as much money as they could.
                      Keep in mind that private trackers were only created because most users don't understand the P2P concept of "sharing is caring", and a method of enforcing rules was necessary.

                      Originally posted by scard View Post
                      I was using a VPS seedbox with full access which was NON managed. I paid a one time fee for them to manage the seedbox after I messed up their TWEAKED kernal.
                      Non managed VPS seedbox? Why would you want that anyway? If you want to go the unmanaged route, just rent an Online.net or Hetzner box.

                      Originally posted by scard View Post
                      The reason you don't understand why people go with tal0ne is easy.......You've never been with Tal0ne. Give it a go...they offer trials and you will see :)

                      Stay blessed.

                      Scard
                      And I still don't.
                      Any user can get a better service for almost half of the price.
                      Regarding my current situation, I bet my Online.net limited edition server is way better than 99% of the offers at Tal0ne, regardless of the price, and I pay less than half than you do per month (but that's another story because we're talking about dedicated vs managed).

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Electrolux View Post
                        Really?
                        Why did they fail on the benchmarks then?



                        The speeds on this screenshots are OK, but not for 45, especially when you have to pay when you mess up.



                        Noob? LOL. Why shouldn't I use public trackers? If there is a torrent that I want on a public tracker, I simply download it and share, that's it. Now I understand why some seedbox companies don't want users to use private trackers, because of money, they don't earn as much money as they could.
                        Keep in mind that private trackers were only created because most users don't understand the P2P concept of "sharing is caring", and a method of enforcing rules was necessary.


                        Non managed VPS seedbox? Why would you want that anyway? If you want to go the unmanaged route, just rent an Online.net or Hetzner box.



                        And I still don't.
                        Any user can get a better service for almost half of the price.
                        Regarding my current situation, I bet my Online.net limited edition server is way better than 99% of the offers at Tal0ne, regardless of the price, and I pay less than half than you do per month (but that's another story because we're talking about dedicated vs managed).
                        That is fine my friend, i am pretty sure the thread is labelled "Tal0ne reviews" - If you have not used the service or have no experience of tal0ne to speak of then join the online.net or hetzner thread ...Maybe your wealth of knowledge would be more appreciated there?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Electrolux View Post
                          Really?
                          Why did they fail on the benchmarks then?



                          The speeds on this screenshots are OK, but not for 45, especially when you have to pay when you mess up.



                          Noob? LOL. Why shouldn't I use public trackers? If there is a torrent that I want on a public tracker, I simply download it and share, that's it. Now I understand why some seedbox companies don't want users to use private trackers, because of money, they don't earn as much money as they could.
                          Keep in mind that private trackers were only created because most users don't understand the P2P concept of "sharing is caring", and a method of enforcing rules was necessary.


                          Non managed VPS seedbox? Why would you want that anyway? If you want to go the unmanaged route, just rent an Online.net or Hetzner box.



                          And I still don't.
                          Any user can get a better service for almost half of the price.
                          Regarding my current situation, I bet my Online.net limited edition server is way better than 99% of the offers at Tal0ne, regardless of the price, and I pay less than half than you do per month (but that's another story because we're talking about dedicated vs managed).


                          You really are getting your panties in a twist over a service you never used or don't intend to use.

                          You seemed to more or less tell someone to STFU about a service they have never used on this thread.
                          Box4Seed.com - Page 2 Or maybe your account on the forums was hacked and it was someone else who actually posted?
                          http://www.speedtest.net/result/3314782553.png

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by soulfire View Post
                            You really are getting your panties in a twist over a service you never used or don't intend to use.

                            You seemed to more or less tell someone to STFU about a service they have never used on this thread.
                            Box4Seed.com - Page 2 Or maybe your account on the forums was hacked and it was someone else who actually posted?
                            Completely different.

                            First, I didn't tell him to shut up, like you all are telling me.

                            Had that user pointed to a review and gave a well based opinion, I would have discussed that with him, but he just went there and said, "oh the site is in Spanish!", without offering any more arguments... WTF?

                            In the reddit benchmark, which is THE ONLY unbiased benchmark there is, the Tal0ne seedbox underperformed badly. Reddit opinions are also negative, but somehow here, everyone is satisfied, even when paying way more.
                            As I was puzzled, I decided to participated on this thread to try to figure out why... And guess what, from all the answers I got, there is not one logical explanation that really justifies the use of this service vs the competition.

                            It's like I tell some friend he's paying twice as much to get a worse and censored Internet service, and he answers me that he likes it that way because it's better and he likes paying more because, well... Just because! And he doesn't mind that when he misconfigures something, he has to pay as well, when all the others providers fix it for free.

                            But anyway, if you like to pay more than the double of the price for a service that underperforms and censors trackers, who am I to say otherwise?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Electrolux View Post
                              Completely different.

                              First, I didn't tell him to shut up, like you all are telling me.

                              Had that user pointed to a review and gave a well based opinion, I would have discussed that with him, but he just went there and said, "oh the site is in Spanish!", without offering any more arguments... WTF?

                              In the reddit benchmark, which is THE ONLY unbiased benchmark there is, the Tal0ne seedbox underperformed badly. Reddit opinions are also negative, but somehow here, everyone is satisfied, even when paying way more.
                              As I was puzzled, I decided to participated on this thread to try to figure out why... And guess what, from all the answers I got, there is not one logical explanation that really justifies the use of this service vs the competition.

                              It's like I tell some friend he's paying twice as much to get a worse and censored Internet service, and he answers me that he likes it that way because it's better and he likes paying more because, well... Just because! And he doesn't mind that when he misconfigures something, he has to pay as well, when all the others providers fix it for free.

                              But anyway, if you like to pay more than the double of the price for a service that underperforms and censors trackers, who am I to say otherwise?
                              Seriously you are twisted and you keep moaning about one single test which failed and who cares what do you think, furthermore what part of the following I previously mentioned in this thread you didn't understand?

                              There could be many reasons why tal0ne failed in that test such as bad drive, bad peering etc .. but it doesn't make them to a bad provider just because of one failed test.
                              Claiming that Reddit opinions are negative is bull and there's is many positive openings about this provider over there well expect you who is the one moaning about them and a provider you have not even tested. Common get yourself a hobby
                              Last edited by iSMAEL; April 19, 2016, 07:19 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Electrolux View Post
                                But anyway, if you like to pay more than the double of the price for a service that underperforms and censors trackers, who am I to say otherwise?
                                Oh has it finally sunk in? I have been trying to figure it out myself....btw why haven't you haven't played your "I'm in Telecoms" card yet?

                                But please go ahead and give details of these other providers who offer a better or same service at double, just less than double, or more than double, depending on which sentence of your posts we look at... (Can't you make your mind up which it is, or are you just poor at maths?)
                                So please who are these providers I'm missing out on? I know you wont be dumb enough to reply Hetzner, OVH, Online or any of there subsidiaries. Or are you/they gonna set the box up for EVERY Linux newbie EVER that follows your advice?

                                So in case I forgot to ask,.Where are these same or at least very similar providers?

                                As a side note it is quite hilarious how the "mickey mouse" unbiased review you link to earlier uses two servers in France and a Tal0ne across the Atlantic with such a massive difference in prices of the boxes concerned.
                                Has that guy ever considered doing a like for like on boxes in the same region/price range? WTF!!!

                                His next review... A Porsche or a Skoda?
                                Last edited by soulfire; April 19, 2016, 08:11 PM.
                                http://www.speedtest.net/result/3314782553.png

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X