No announcement yet.

Tal0ne.co.uk reviews (Wicked Servers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The speeds on wicked server are Crazy, one of the best provider i have tried

Comment

• They indeed are my friend.

On a side note, anyone having issues with autotools feature on their seedboxes? in particular autowatch + labelling + automove ?

Comment

• Originally posted by scard View Post
        They indeed are my friend.

On a side note, anyone having issues with autotools feature on their seedboxes? in particular autowatch + labelling + automove ?
        Never tryed, sorry

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge18 View Post
          Never tryed, sorry
          Enjoy the service :))
          Last edited by scard; March 19, 2016, 01:28 PM.

Comment

• Well that's a bummer.

As for myself I have my plan's deadline coming in a couple of weeks and i'm already browsing through of what i should buy next (looking at yearly payments). I've never tried germany located servers and I'd like to ask if any of you use them? How's the connectivity with central europe?

Comment

• I will try this host after reading all those mostly positive reviews. There's a lot of good info in this thread about the pros and cons of tal0ne. I'll get back with a review when I've been using it for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nojus View Post
                Well that's a bummer.

As for myself I have my plan's deadline coming in a couple of weeks and i'm already browsing through of what i should buy next (looking at yearly payments). I've never tried germany located servers and I'd like to ask if any of you use them? How's the connectivity with central europe?
                A lil update on this, I bought a "DebutPlan" slot in germany for a year and been using it for a while, so I can say that it's peering to central europe is almost the same as any French provider I've tried, sometimes it's a little better. I find that the netherlands peers the best, but france and germany do just fine. As for the server itself, spins great, just as expected, no lag whatsoever with ~50 torrents spinning at all times. :)

Comment

• Never mind.
                  I did not see an option
                  Last edited by midia; March 17, 2016, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• Review - Voltage (Heavy VPS series)

Customer since 2014

Previous services
                    DesertLine
                    xxxx.tal0ne.co.uk
                    GibraltarPlan
                    xxxx.tal0ne.co.uk
                    HavivalSeed
                    xxxx.tal0ne.co.uk
                    HyperspeedPlan
                    xxxx.tal0ne.co.uk
                    LiechiSeed
                    xxxx.tal0ne.co.uk
                    TurboBOX
                    xxxx.tal0ne.co.uk

HDD space - 2TB Dedicated HDD (1740 GB usable)
                    Memory RAM - 6 GB
                    Link speed - 1 Gbps Shared Connection
                    Traffic limit -
                    Unlimited
                    Users per HDD -
                    Users Per Server - Up to 4
                    Dedicated IP address - Yes
                    UI Clients - ruTorrent | DelugeD
                    Access - HTTP(S) | FTP | FTPS (TLS & SSL) | SFTP
                    VPS Control Panel - ( Watch Disk Stats, Traffic Stats, Reboot )
                    Public Trackers - Forbidden
                    Setup time - 1 - 24 Hours

CLIENT AREA

ADDONS

SNAPSHOT - D/L SPEED
                    (+1000 seeds)

PROS

+ Good customer service - available out of hours!
                    + seedbox support
                    + No server downtime
                    + decent speeds
                    + respectable price
                    + Probably one of the extensive knowledge base sections for tutorials

CONS
                    - top speed may vary (tested against other NL seedboxes using the same snatch - may be possibly due to coinciding heavy users using the same Gbps line)

OVERALL SCORE: 8.5 / 10

Recent experience - I decided to update packages on ubuntu which resulted in me being "locked out" and unable to access anything - Paid only 6 to get everything running again within 24 hours!
                    Last edited by scard; March 19, 2016, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• This almost makes me want to leave dedi

Comment

• That's one of the best seedbox reviews I've ever seen, scard! Nice job!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nojus View Post
                          That's one of the best seedbox reviews I've ever seen, scard! Nice job!
                          Thanks...I feel as a society we tend to point out things we are displeased with all to often, when people do good by you (in this case provide a good service) people take it for granted as "expected"....these companies should be called out and bought to the forefront.

Comment

• Been thinking of getting one of their vps services. Too bad that the BrookBOX doesn't have a dutch server option.

Comment

• Originally posted by scard View Post

HDD space - 2TB Dedicated HDD (1740 GB usable)
                              Memory RAM - 6 GB
                              Link speed - 1 Gbps Shared Connection
                              Traffic limit -
                              Unlimited
                              Users per HDD -
                              Users Per Server - Up to 4
                              Dedicated IP address - Yes
                              UI Clients - ruTorrent | DelugeD
                              Access - HTTP(S) | FTP | FTPS (TLS & SSL) | SFTP
                              VPS Control Panel - ( Watch Disk Stats, Traffic Stats, Reboot )
                              Public Trackers - Forbidden
                              Setup time - 1 - 24 Hours

SNAPSHOT - D/L SPEED (+1000 seeds)

PROS

+ Good customer service - available out of hours!
                              + seedbox support
                              + No server downtime
                              + decent speeds
                              + respectable price
                              + Probably one of the extensive knowledge base sections for tutorials

CONS
                              - top speed may vary (tested against other NL seedboxes using the same snatch - may be possibly due to coinciding heavy users using the same Gbps line)

OVERALL SCORE: 8.5 / 10

Recent experience - I decided to update packages on ubuntu which resulted in me being "locked out" and unable to access anything - Paid only 6 to get everything running again within 24 hours!

Excuse me, if I may, but I really don't understand how you're so happy with the service.

First in the pros, you say the seedbox has a "respectable price", I cannot disagree more. For what you're getting, you're paying almost twice as much as you would pay to any good provider.
                              The upload speed you got is also pretty low when considering you're paying 45 euros+ a month.

And more, according to the screenshots you posted, everything is paid! Most providers will setup those services for free, and they are cheaper overall. They don't even allow public trackers!

And you were happy you had to pay when you were locked out from your box (and they took 24 hours to solve the issue)? Are you kidding me? You're already paying them a fortune for the service they provide, they are a managed seedbox service, you shouldn't have to pay for the misconfigurations you do.

I really don't understand why people go with Tal0ne, and your review only reinforced my view of their services.

Comment

• Originally posted by Electrolux View Post
                                Excuse me, if I may, but I really don't understand how you're so happy with the service.

First in the pros, you say the seedbox has a "respectable price", I cannot disagree more. For what you're getting, you're paying almost twice as much as you would pay to any good provider.
                                The upload speed you got is also pretty low when considering you're paying 45 euros+ a month.

And more, according to the screenshots you posted, everything is paid! Most providers will setup those services for free, and they are cheaper overall. They don't even allow public trackers!

And you were happy you had to pay when you were locked out from your box (and they took 24 hours to solve the issue)? Are you kidding me? You're already paying them a fortune for the service they provide, they are a managed seedbox service, you shouldn't have to pay for the misconfigurations you do.

I really don't understand why people go with Tal0ne, and your review only reinforced my view of their services.
                                And I have to disagree with you, too.

Yes, there are cheaper providers out there, but in my experience (i have spread out reviews on other providers reviews threads in this forum), they do not deliver as much bang per buck as tal0ne. I do have to give it the reasonable thought that everyone's needs are different and there's no such thing as a universal seedbox that would fit everyone's needs for life.

Secondly, they do allow public torrents, you just can't seed them. Why would you want do that in the first place though? I know that sharing is caring, but public torrents usually have no problem with seeds.

Comment

Working...
                                X