• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DedisReturn.com - Return of the Dedi

Name: DedisReturn
    Speed: 100 Mbps
    Support: 10/10
    GUI: ruTorrent/deluge
    Speed of GUI: always smooth unless you add a few hundred GB at once.
    Package: Rebel Series - A Wing (kimsufi 2G)
    Price: $30
    Overall rating: 10/10

Some of you may be aware that drauka has been selling seedboxes for some time now, and has a great wealth of knowledge on the subject. What you may not know is he has been secretly creating an awesome seedbox site called DedisReturn! Also the site has super awesome graphics and a star wars themed named by a super awesome anonymous party who will not be named (*cough* ME *cough*).

He offers a wide selection of boxes (pretty much anything you can buy from OVH, and is currently running a promo for discounts on new users with him. The support is unparalleled from other boxes (although me pestering him constantly to do things may drive him insane eventually), and the prices are very competitive even without the possibility of a discount.

All in all the box itself works great, i'm currently on the Rebel Series - A Wing (pictured below) with a 2 TB hard drive extension and i'm loving it so far. I recently switched from Feralhosting because tbh I never really maxed out the speed and it just wasn't worth the money to me.

When you add it all up, the great price, service, and piece of mind knowing that your box comes from a trustworthy person like drauka (and also the awesome graphics/star wars theme from yours truly ) you really won't find a better site in my opinion.
    Last edited by drauka; January 3, 2013, 02:37 AM.

Additionally: Anyone who uses the coupon "docdoom" when signing up will get $2 off of a Kimsufi 2 G (rebel series - Awing)!!!!

Comment

So I had the pleasure of trying out Dedisreturn for a week and here is my review!!

Speed of GUI: Very fast had no problems with interface at all!
      Package: Rebel Series - A Wing

When I first wanted the box and ordered it I asked drauka and he set the box up for me quickly which I thought was amazing comparing it to others I have used in the past!!

I added a couple of big torrents 200+gb and they were added in less than a couple of seconds without any known lag or problems. The download speed was constantly around the 10mb area and uploads depending on the popularity of the torrent were hitting around 11mb at times!! Also having no cap is awesome!!

The support from Dedisreturn is amazing!! Specially as when it comes to seedboxes I am a complete noob and drauka helped me out with absolutely everything from which software to use for SSH to actually using it and how to do certain things within ubuntu! Since having the box I have learnt a tremendous amount because of drauka and dedisreturn, I would 100% absolutely recommend it to anyone!!

The prices are great and probably the cheapest I've seen and the support is fast.

And lastly if your in 2 minds about choosing a seedbox and have trust issues go for this! drauka is a very trustworthy individual and he always go out of his way to help his customers out no matter what. You wont be disappointed.

Thank you drauka for giving me the chance of using one, +1 long term customer added to dedisreturn :)
      sigpic

Comment

Speed of GUI: Very fast had no problems with interface at all!

There is no doubt that drauka, is serious about this. I've never seen support in such way as this, i can't find anything to point my finger at. Everything works and support is nothing but perfect.!!!!!....

Comment

Sounds great, and I love the company name, as I'm a huge Star Wars fan. Currently playing SWTOR on The Fatman server. When you combine Drauka and Kimsufi 2g, you get something special.
          Last edited by CorvoAttano; April 3, 2012, 09:55 PM.

Comment

GUI: ruTorrent
            Speed of GUI: Very Fast
            Package: Rebel Series - 100M FR - A-Wing (Kimsufi 2G)
            Price: 24.15/month (with the opening sale discount)

This is the first time I'm paying for a seedbox. I had only tried a couple of shared boxes given away here on T-I in my whole life, so I don't have much to compare this one against. I've read a few thing about these servers, though, and I must say it fulfilled my expectations entirely.

The support is just great, couldn't be any better. I was having a couple of problems setting it up (I had never done such thing) and drauka not only fixed them for me but he also went through the trouble of reading the script I used to install rutorrent to teach me how to change something I needed to. As I said: perfect customer support.

The speeds are great too. I've been using it for less than 1 day and I've already uploaded more than .5TB.

I'm sure I'll find out a few other cool things that can be done with this server, but for now I have all I wanted running and I'm perfectly pleased with the service.

Unless I decide to stop paying for a box or something really unexpected happens I'll stick with DR for sure.

Edit: Nice graphics, DocDoom! And I must say I hate Star Wars :-D
            Last edited by dfrost; April 13, 2012, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Speed of GUI: Very fast
              Package: Rebel Series - A Wing (kimsufi 2G)

My apologies to daruka for not posting this a lot earlier. I've had experience with other dedicated server companies before but none have given me the support that daruka has. If I had any troubles with anything he helped me out straight away, he installed any extra programs I wanted on the dedicated server and helped me through setting up of others. I can't fault the speeds on the box either. Overall DR is great. Cheap prices and plans, and fantastic customer support. Would recommend to anyone who is looking for a server!
              Giveaways
              IPT | BitmeTV | Bit-HDTV

Comment

Speed of GUI: Fast
                Package:Rebel Series - A Wing (kimsufi 2G)
                Price:
                $30
                Overall rating: 9/10
                Overall a great experience so far (2 weeks).
                Never had experience with dedicated servers so the support I received from drauka in setting it up and troubleshooting was crucial and greatly appreciated. Response from my tickets was fast and response accurate and clear to understand
                For the torrenting so far no hiccups / complaints and I must say I am very impressed with the speeds I am getting, in less than 2 weeks I've already uploaded 2TB, which I would've dreamt to achieve in 1month+ with my previous shared plan. Only complaint I have is when checking torrents the GUI timeouts till it finishes, but I guess that is just the CPU's lack of power fault - nothing I'd worry about, nor does it bother me.
                Would definitely reccommend them and I was happy to jump aboard considering the fair price he offers.
                Thank you :)

Comment

Upload Bandwidth: Unlimited
                  Package:Rebel Series - A Wing (Kimsufi 2G)
                  Price: $32

This review was long overdue. I completed a month of this service exactly 2 weeks ago and I only have nice things to say about it. This was my first seedbox and Drauka had my box up and running in about 12 hours. Just like any other newbie, I had quite a few questions that were resolved by Drauka and the friendly T-I community (special thanks to Copper).

Drauka patiently explained what I should do in case rTorrent crashes (which happened when I tried adding a torrent without checking if my seedbox drive was full) and the exact Linux commands, even though he had set rTorrent to restart automatically if it crashes. He also made sure I know the reason behind what's happening, not just saying 'try this, it'll work' and I appreciate his gesture for doing so. I learnt quite a bit about seedboxes in a month, thanks to him.

Just like he said, the max upload and download speeds were 11 MB/sec. At one point, I was running about 600+ torrents occupying the entire 1 TB HDD space but still the ruT interface was fast and responsive. He also had installed all the important plugins for ruTorrent, like unrar, file manager (which was extremely useful to copy paste files, because FTP programs only allow cut paste), media info, etc.

Overall, it was a great experience and I wouldn't hesitate a bit in recommending DedisReturn to others. Thanks for everything, Drauka.
                  Last edited by jetsryan; July 8, 2012, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Package: A Wing (Kimsufi 2G)
                    Price: €22.50

Well everyone knows Drauka and he is a knowledgeable sort of guy so when i was looking for a box to help get me promoted at BTN and to gain some buffer elsewhere i thought i would go with Dedisreturn. I read the reviews above and everyone had only good things to say and i can see why. Setup was super quick, under an hour and he is available to chat and query with in irc seemingly 24/7. The performance of the box was fine, quite responsive and added/deleted big torrents with no problems.
                    You get the 1tb and you can add an extra 2tb disc for a setup fee and monthly extra, $47.99 setup fee and $16.99 monthly. Its a nice option to have if you need more space.
                    No much more really to say, as reliable and good performing kimsufi as you are going to get and if you are in the market for one then Drauka and Dedisreturn should be your first port of call.Thanks Drauka

Comment

GUI: ruTorrent v3.4
                      Speed of GUI: Extremely fast.
                      Package: Rebel Series - 100M FR - A-Wing
                      Price: $29.99

Right after drauka set my server up I downloaded some torrents from several trackers and the speeds were brilliant in no time, never experienced any crashes or down times, it's simply great. I recommend DedisReturn to the fullest! Amazing speeds, amazing support, pretty quick setup and general fuzzy feeling ;)

Comment

Speed of GUI: Very fast, only slow when more than one file are uploading too high
                        Price: $ 31.99 / month
                        Overall rating: 9/10 10/10

It's my second seedbox and I can say it's an incredible server!
                        They have an amazing supoort, they configured everything for me, rTorrent, Ubuntu GUI, FTP, SFTP, Http!
                        The only problem that I'm having are slow download speeds on FTP, I have an 20Mbps connection so I should be dowloading at 2.0 MB/s, but the max I achieved is 400 KB/s.
                        But this is not they're fault, it's a problem with OVH servers I think, I've searched here and I found that they limit the bandwith for Americas, we're seeing what we can do!

FTP problem solved!

But I've definitely recommend their services for everyone!
                        Last edited by Giutl; July 26, 2012, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by peaches77
                          Its because it is only ftp connection, not ftp/ssl. your downloads need to be encrypted and they are not right now. i am running two boxes, one set up with ftp/ssl and the other ftp, my ftp/ssl i can get 10-12MB download speeds threw cute ftp, but normal ftp i am only getting 1MB
                          I've set up the FTP with SSL, the speeds are the same, round about 400 KB/s. But now I've found the problem, at late night the speeds are good even at FTP, FTP/SSL, SSH or HTTP, round about 1,8 MB/s.

I think the OVH connection is too busy during the day, don't know for sure, but problem solved! :)

Thanks anyway peaches77
                          Last edited by Giutl; July 26, 2012, 01:30 AM.

Comment

This looks like a really great seedbox company and i love the theme.

Comment

Speed of GUI: Very fast
                              Price: $ 31.99 / month

Best one I have had to date. The speeds were great, averaging 9MB/s going as high as 12MB/s. The support here is amazing, if I had a problem it would be sorted with in an hour or 2.

Comment

Working...
                              X