Looking for a good vps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a good vps

Looking for recommendations on a decent vps that's primarily going to be used as a seedbox. Can someone share some perspective with some providers that meet the following:

-full root
    -min 1gbs
    -min 1tb space

Thanks!

Originally posted by zeroti View Post
    Looking for recommendations on a decent vps that's primarily going to be used as a seedbox. Can someone share some perspective with some providers that meet the following:

-full root
    -min 1gbs
    -min 1tb space

Thanks!
    Hey zeroti,

I'm curious - I assume you're going to roll your own seedbox? I've thought about it in the past but could never justify the effort and exposure vs a commercially available seedbox. If you don't mind sharing, what's your angle? Maybe you've figured out a way to make it work? I'd love to get your take on it.

Cheers,
    MBR

Comment

I used vps once and it worked good but it's connection and HDD speed is too unstable to do aggresive seeding. Other users on machine can often bring performance down when you may need it.

If you think about making your own seedbox then better invest in some cheap dedi.

Comment

Originally posted by GTZero View Post
        I used vps once and it worked good but it's connection and HDD speed is too unstable to do aggresive seeding. Other users on machine can often bring performance down when you may need it.

If you think about making your own seedbox then better invest in some cheap dedi.
        GTZero - you should drop a link to your post about your dedi server in here for zeroti so he can check out what you did. It was a good post!

Comment

Good idea - Buying dedicated server with a friend - IP question - Page 2

MBR please reply there too ;)

Comment

Leaseweb is used by the majority of seedboxes, 1gbps network up and down.

Comment

Working...
            X