Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the Pros and Cons of having your own dedi server vs and seedbox from a provider?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the Pros and Cons of having your own dedi server vs and seedbox from a provider?

What I was wondering, what are the Pro's and Con's of having a seedbox from a provider, or having a dedicated server for a seedbox?

Originally posted by GazCBG View Post
    What I was wondering, what are the Pro's and Con's of having a seedbox from a provider, or having a dedicated server for a seedbox?
    If you go with a provider, they manage everything for you, if you have dedi you do everything yourself, including installing the softwares required for a seedbox. Although there are some providers who manage dedi as well. Also using dedicated server, you are the only one using it, shared box is self explanatory.
    sigpic
    A proud Torrent-Invite Introduction Crew.
    If you need help with anything, just send me a pm,

Comment

You avoid doing torrenting on your home connection. Avoid ISP throttling or letters. Can download from the seedbox servers via sftp or ssl http.

Comment

Some provider doesn't allow torrent on their dedi server. Seedbox are made for torrents so you will never have a problem with if you download torrents.

Comment

Working...
        X