What is a seedbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a seedbox

I am an 80 year old noobi not much idea according to my son who designs websites and produces a blog with 30,000 worldwide readers. So please can someone enlighten me?.

I enjoy reading have a Kindle fire and have discovered torrents to download books from but more and more are enclosing unwanted items so my son suggested private sites.

So here I am HELP

Wally

Hello sir. If you type on google "What is a Seedbox" and many helpful and well-written articles appear. An example.

With simple words, I could describe it as pc (is not) that is open 24/7 running rutorrent (like utorrent or transmission client), you can handle it through browser easily, download torrents files to your pc, then put them on seedbox, you can organize you files there, files downloaded there super fast, and the best thing your upload speed there is super supa fast, so you don't have to worry about ratio most of the times, you can download staff through broswer with double click but better thatn that you can get them with a ftp program (google it - easy to use), you don't share your real ip but seedbox's one.

And I hate to see HELP in threads like that, lol. Enjoy the stay grandpa
    Take care!

Comment

In simple terms, seedbox is a server used for downloading and uploading torrents at very high speeds, essential to maintaining ratio's on a private tracker.
      sigpic
      A proud Torrent-Invite Introduction Crew.
      If you need help with anything, just send me a pm,

Comment

A seedbox is space you rent on a server in a datacenter. You download torrents to the seedbox rather than to your computer. The benefits are that you will download and upload at much faster speeds than you will with your home connection, you do not need to leave your computer on all the time for the client to seed, and you don't have to worry about your nosy @$$ isp because nothing is being downloaded to your computer. Once you have the torrents on the seedbox, they will seed 24 hours a day which will help your ratio until you stop them. I started using a seedbox several months ago and am very happy with the entire experience.

Comment

Hi, Wally!

Just to add to what [MENTION=359654]Hellsheer[/MENTION] said...think of a seedbox like the hard drive on your own computer. Except this hard drive (seedbox) is loaded onto a hi-powered computer at a remote location (datacenter). Usually there are multiple users on one server. However, it's split so that each person only has access to their own section. From your home computer, you can add files, move files and delete files on your seedbox. Many seedbox providers have user-friendly control panels, which you connect to through the internet. These control panels make everything automated. However, that's for lesson two. One thing to look for as a beginner is a seedbox that is completely maintained by the provider. This means they handle the installation of software and maintenance issues.

Like [MENTION=231355]pb_teo[/MENTION] said, though, there are plenty of guides and articles written for newbies. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Hellsheer View Post
            A seedbox is space you rent on a server in a datacenter. You download torrents to the seedbox rather than to your computer. The benefits are that you will download and upload at much faster speeds than you will with your home connection, you do not need to leave your computer on all the time for the client to seed, and you don't have to worry about your nosy @$$ isp because nothing is being downloaded to your computer. Once you have the torrents on the seedbox, they will seed 24 hours a day which will help your ratio until you stop them. I started using a seedbox several months ago and am very happy with the entire experience.
            simple terms, seedbox is a server used for downloading and uploading torrents at very high speeds, essential to maintaining ratio's on a private tracker.

Comment

Originally posted by kamzo1968 View Post
              simple terms, seedbox is a server used for downloading and uploading torrents at very high speeds, essential to maintaining ratio's on a private tracker.
              You just copied my sentence.
              sigpic
              A proud Torrent-Invite Introduction Crew.
              If you need help with anything, just send me a pm,

Comment

Originally posted by TheDarkKnightR View Post
                You just copied my sentence.
                lol

Comment

Hope this will help read it http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/what_is_a_seedbox .if u need more info message me

Comment

Working...
                  X