Dedicated Server recomendations - Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dedicated Server recomendations - Europe

I'm looking for a dedicated server hosted anywhere in Europe. Here're some of the specs I'm looking for:

* Good rated CPU, lowest being an i5 range up to modern Xeon.
    * CPU with at least 4 threads, preferably 8
    * HDD space of 750GB or more
    * 1Gb network preferred but I could survive on 200Mb if needed.
    * Either ability to install my own -- or a base install of Proxmox that I can manage -- or remoteKVM access.

I've seen a few interesting options around many as low as 29/pm many up to 80/pm. I'd be looking at a max of 40/pm if possible.

Would love to hear your ideas :)

Hey man,

Well, first off, in your price range I'm 100% confident you can definitely get more HDD space than that..............the cheapest I've seen a good LW dedi had: Intel Xeon X3440, 16GB DDR3 ECC RAM, 4x2TB SATA2, 100TB @ 1Gbps for 49/month (no setup fee). The only provider I know that still has it close to that price is here: Outlet Store Clearance Servers It's selling for $55USD now which is still a great price.

I got a great Online.net server the other days (along with many others) for a super cheap price of 29.99/month......no setup fee either. It has hardware raid and KVM access of course. See the specs here: Server Dedibox Limited Edition 08164 - Documentation

I'm not a reseller or provider of any sort, but I'd rent it out to you for a flat 45 Euros all setup and ready to go jest because I have an overkill OVH server and an awesome Leaseweb SSD server now. I just knew resellers were going to be buying it up like crazy so I grabbed one just in case I ever decide to downsize or rent it out to save someone else out. If you're in the EU, at least you get out of VAT by going through a person or reseller that's non-EU based :) Hit me up by PM if you need more suggestions, or anything else.

EDIT: Also, worldstream.nl would be in your price range if you can live with an i3 processor (3.1GHz clock speed): WorldStream Internet Services - Custom Dedicated Servers

If you up what you're willing to spend to a little over 60/month, you could get a super modern Xeon and 2x2TB HDD with 50TB @ 1Gbps. A LOT of the processors, SSDs, and chassis they use with the Premium Servers (https://www.worldstream.nl/premium_dedicated_servers) are literally brand new, or just a few months old. Their support is incredibly knowledge and speaks perfect English......unlike what I've dealt with from OVH, Hetzner, Webtropia, and Online.net (Worst English & most incompetent IMHO).
    Last edited by gman762; March 21, 2016, 08:33 PM.
    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3048596310

Comment

Excellent info thanks. I'll have a look at those :)

Comment

I absolutely agree to what @gman762 has said. But, here are 2 things about eqservers.com. 1) Their cost is on the higher side, 2) They do not allow streaming from their servers. If you want to use Plex, then it will lead to service termination.
        Worldstream is good, and their hardware is quite new. However, the online.net server is really good at that price. But, I would like to know what is the monthly limit for data transfer. I could not find it mentioned anywhere. They have mentioned a 1Gbps network port, but there will be some cap somewhere. Better to know it before taking the plunge.

Comment

Originally posted by smallgoat View Post
          I absolutely agree to what @gman762 has said. But, here are 2 things about eqservers.com. 1) Their cost is on the higher side, 2) They do not allow streaming from their servers. If you want to use Plex, then it will lead to service termination.
          Worldstream is good, and their hardware is quite new. However, the online.net server is really good at that price. But, I would like to know what is the monthly limit for data transfer. I could not find it mentioned anywhere. They have mentioned a 1Gbps network port, but there will be some cap somewhere. Better to know it before taking the plunge.

Yeah, with eqservers I'd recommend their "outlet" page for the best prices: Outlet Store Clearance Servers

Also, all the leaseweb dedicated server resellers don't allow streaming but that's because leaseweb only allows it on certain (more expensive) server lines. This applies more to people who are wanting to host "tube" sites and stuff like that. Running one plex stream, would look like a download so you won't be banned if you're just using plex for personal use.
          http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3048596310

Comment

Working...
          X