• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New offer from online.net - Dedibox XC 2016

- New 2016 version with 16GB of memory
    - A new 2.5 Gbit/s interface for public network and RPN
    - Awesome power/price ratio

If would really like to see a review of this server here.
    Last edited by Shadowbuild; March 17, 2016, 08:39 PM. Reason: removal of external link

not that attractive as u might think also recall the 20 euro setup fees on each
    they just clarified 2 things :

1.There is no bandwidth guaranteed for this new range
    2.You can have 1 Gbit/sec all in all in both ways. Your server is connected in 2.5gbps

in simple words it is 1gbps full duplex. it's just connected to 2500BaseX interface
    so as usual the line/speeds might be vary..nothing new..

Comment

Does anyone got 16gb ram who have already "Dedibox XC 2016" ?
      or does online.net increased RAM 8gb to 16gb for old customers ?
      actually i have also this server since last few months but it has only 8gb ram yet .

Comment

Can anyone specify the monthly data transfer limit for the online.net server?

Comment

[MENTION=351333]smallgoat[/MENTION] - There is not a cap or a limit on how much data you can use. It is unmetered.

Comment

does anyone know how to order one of the new servers if you live outside of france?
            everytime i try to place an order, it tells me to confirm my cell, i update the cell in my profile with the instructions as it is international but i never received the code.
            i saw somewhere on their site that the sms confirmation is only available to residents of france? is that true or am i missing something all together

Comment

I have bought one of the new ones in Amsterdam. (XC 2016 SATA)

Speeds have been a hit and miss but mostly good (>500mbps)

However, everybody should be aware of the fact that the current line has a bug in the custom-designed bios so that the hard drive speed is slow
              by slow I mean 60MB/s which will effectively cap the network speed.
              The ssd servers are faster, but slow considering they are ssd.

I've opened a ticket and they told me they're working on a fix but I've seen they've been saying that for 2 months now.

Still, the network speeds you can get are very good, so it's not a bad deal if you plan on keeping it for more than a few months (ie you can amortize the setup fees).

I'm actually undecided as to whether or not keep this or a kimsufi which they are now selling at 5 euros more than what I'm paying.

Comment

I got 2 online.net boxes.

pros and cons

pros

very good value for a dedicated server.
                can use for multiple purposes, not just seeding e.g. dnscrypt server, VPN, socks proxy, ssh proxy etc.
                automatic OS installation
                download speeds (to the box) are lightning I get 350mbit/sec on the ssd box and about 250-300 on the hdd box.
                no downtime so far

cons

outbound performance is dodgy, when I first got the first server I was downloading at my home line speed (circa 80mbit), now I seem to have congestion 24/7 and speeds are all over the place, however speeds are fast enough to get good seeding stats, on one tracker using my 2nd online.net box I have uploaded 160gig in a week. Also on the tracker I can view upload stats for other seeders, and I have comp[arable upload stats to all the other rtorrent seeders. So is far from terrible, but I thought I should post this as a honest warning.
                20 euro setup fee

unknown

never needed tech support so dont know how good they are

like the above poster I am considering trying kimsufi also.

-update--

I downloaded a multi threaded/segment ftp client (igetter), this allows multiple threads to download one file, and I am able to get full speed from the box even at peak time using this method, so the speed issues are able to be overcome.
                Last edited by torruk; June 1, 2016, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mmanuk View Post
                  does anyone know how to order one of the new servers if you live outside of france?
                  everytime i try to place an order, it tells me to confirm my cell, i update the cell in my profile with the instructions as it is international but i never received the code.
                  i saw somewhere on their site that the sms confirmation is only available to residents of france? is that true or am i missing something all together
                  I am in the uk and i got the sms verification fine.

Comment

Originally posted by torruk View Post
                    I am in the uk and i got the sms verification fine.
                    So it works for Europeans only it seems, I'm in North America. I guess I will have to pay the extra euros and get it from Oneprovider

Comment

Another update, last night I seen for the first time my box push out 300mbit/sec to another peer, was one of the seedbox providers, so after some tuning and I guess luck with the peers connected it does seem the box can push out speeds at high levels.

mmanuk I can order for you if you like, obviously you would need to send me the costs on paypal, but I dont mind doing it as a favour to a fellow user on here. My only condition is dont use it on any public trackers as I dont want a shutdown notice :)

Comment

Originally posted by mmanuk View Post
                        So it works for Europeans only it seems, I'm in North America. I guess I will have to pay the extra euros and get it from Oneprovider

Open a support ticket and tell them sms verification not coming through. I had to do that to get a "special order" box took about 5-10 minutes for response

Comment

Originally posted by mike65 View Post
                          Open a support ticket and tell them sms verification not coming through. I had to do that to get a "special order" box took about 5-10 minutes for response
                          did you have to call support or is there an email address? didnt see it on the website, maybe i'm too blind to see it

Comment

you need to login to console to send ticket. Just make an account then login send ticket :)

Comment

Originally posted by torruk View Post
                              Another update, last night I seen for the first time my box push out 300mbit/sec to another peer, was one of the seedbox providers, so after some tuning and I guess luck with the peers connected it does seem the box can push out speeds at high levels.

mmanuk I can order for you if you like, obviously you would need to send me the costs on paypal, but I dont mind doing it as a favour to a fellow user on here. My only condition is dont use it on any public trackers as I dont want a shutdown notice :)
                              thank you for the offer torruk, i may need to visit this idea if opening the ticket fails with support.

you need to login to console to send ticket. Just make an account then login send ticket :)
                              excellent. time to see if online sees my pleas

thanks guys, all fixed but now its down for maintenance. cant win lol
                              Last edited by mmanuk; June 3, 2016, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X