Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use an OVH VPS to download from public trackers over a VPN connection

Hello guys,

I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I've got a small question.

I own one of the virtual private servers at OVH.com and live in Germany. I used my real data (name, adress etc) to buy it.
    I've setup a VPN and would like to download torrents over that vpn connection. Is that risky? I will not seed anything more than necessary, I will not have any files at my server, I just leech them over that IP.

What risks does it have?
    I was once caught loading over my real ip by a german music companies lawyer, but what chances does it take now with this setup? What scenarios could happen?

Use VPN that does not save logs

If you have bought a VPN that does not log your activities then it should not be the problem. However, it can be a problem if your VPN saves logs of your activity.
    So if you want to use torrent, you should use VPN that does not log your activity. Like I use Ivacy because they follow no log policy.

Comment

Originally posted by jannik93 View Post
      I was once caught loading over my real ip by a german music companies lawyer, but what chances does it take now with this setup? What scenarios could happen?
      You were caught because you were using a public tracker.

And yes, you could possibly get a 'take down' request to your OVH and OVH may terminate your account or forward the request to you (since they have your real information)

If you want to continue using public trackers, then use a VPN service that doesn't have your real info.

Or join a private tracker and just use your home connection.

Comment

Working...
      X