Wicked Servers and Online.net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wicked Servers and Online.net

Hi all. I was going to try a dedicated seedbox from Wicked Servers but I notice they are hosted with Online.net who I have not previously had a good experience with. Add to that, I need to pay almost 2 months up front due to the prorarted billing and no refund possible. Has anyone else got any experience here?

I have the Havivalseed dedi which is based at Online and it runs as good as you could expect, most of the time hitting 110MB/s upload. Problem is anecdotal evidence doesn't really help you much as with any datacenter you can get good and bad servers. At least with them you know the seedbox will be set up to run as good as it possibly can.

You should drop a support ticket about the pro-rata thing as they can be quite flexible with you.

Comment

I've spoken to them about the pro-rata. It would cost me almost 200 today as its a top-end server. They can't change that though as thats the way online.net works I guess.

Edit: been contacted again by Wicked asking me to leave it until Sunday and they will take a look. Good communication! Would still be interested in Online opinions though with Wicked.
      Last edited by r2k; December 19, 2014, 12:16 PM.

Comment

I really don't get the Pro-Rata business,it must be losing them customers ?

Comment

Originally posted by r2k View Post
          Hi all. I was going to try a dedicated seedbox from Wicked Servers but I notice they are hosted with Online.net who I have not previously had a good experience with. Add to that, I need to pay almost 2 months up front due to the prorarted billing and no refund possible. Has anyone else got any experience here?

Out of curioisity was that "not good experience" related to speeds on the server or just Online.net customer service?
          I would hazard a guess at crap customer service because they clearly do not have a clue compared with OVH.
          Fortunately or unfortunately depending on your point view speeds are far better than OVH.
          http://www.speedtest.net/result/3314782553.png

Comment

the online servers are decent, my newest box I went with evoswitch netherlands though which is great.

Comment

You have to do your research when it comes to ordering services from Wicked Servers. The EvoSwitch stuff is excellent, the Online.net stuff is OK. As always, OVH is abysmal like Redstation. Knowing who the DC provider is makes all the difference.

Comment

got my box setup 2 weeks ago and been building ratio ever since.. i went with a cheap

Comment

I have a cheap Online dedi through Onprovider, it's nothing all that great, but the speeds are great, have crossed 30MB/s down on it, so it's satisfactory atleast

Comment

I have a premium OVH seedbox with Wicked for the past 2 months and I couldn't be happier. Customer service is top notch and getting fast downloads and uploads. First 3 weeks I hit 1 TB upload, can't even come close with my home connect. I would recommend to anyone

Comment

Originally posted by s_bunzy View Post
                      I have a premium OVH seedbox with Wicked for the past 2 months and I couldn't be happier. Customer service is top notch and getting fast downloads and uploads. First 3 weeks I hit 1 TB upload, can't even come close with my home connect. I would recommend to anyone

Well its all subjective depending on the trackers you use. I have been known to do well over 1TB in a single day.
                      http://www.speedtest.net/result/3314782553.png

Comment

Originally posted by soulfire View Post
                        Well its all subjective depending on the trackers you use. I have been known to do well over 1TB in a single day.

Very Nice..

Comment

Working...
                        X