PLEX at Seedboxes.cc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEX at Seedboxes.cc

Anyone using PLEX at Seedboxes.cc? I'm curious about how well it is working.

PLEX at Seedboxes.cc

No issues so far, still getting used to it. trying to figure out how to manage what content is automatically available.

Comment

I'm using it too. Right now I've got tv shows, movies, etc. going to a different directory than the Plex so I've got to manually move movies I plan on keeping. I may change that. My worry is that the data I stream using Plex will count towards my monthly upload limit.

I notice it doesn't detect new additions quickly and so, I have to do a manual refresh. The refresh tho is pretty quick. You can't move the location of the Plex library or add/remove categories. All in all though, works very well and, it's fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Mav256 View Post
        I'm using it too. Right now I've got tv shows, movies, etc. going to a different directory than the Plex so I've got to manually move movies I plan on keeping. I may change that. My worry is that the data I stream using Plex will count towards my monthly upload limit.

I notice it doesn't detect new additions quickly and so, I have to do a manual refresh. The refresh tho is pretty quick. You can't move the location of the Plex library or add/remove categories. All in all though, works very well and, it's fast.
        Overall it works well. I stream down directly to my xbox one however i am also experiencing many of the same issues described by May256. Despite the fact that seedboxes.cc says that the plex server is supposed to update automatically every time a file is added, it does not and has to be manually refreshed. This is indeed a little annoying.

bytesized-hosting.com also offers a seedbox with plex integrated which I have yet to test. It is however a bit more expensive.

All in all, there doesn't appear to be a perfect solution that works seamlessly. Ideally I would like to achieve something along the lines of a custom Netflix.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkitMonkey View Post
          Overall it works well. I stream down directly to my xbox one however i am also experiencing many of the same issues described by May256. Despite the fact that seedboxes.cc says that the plex server is supposed to update automatically every time a file is added, it does not and has to be manually refreshed. This is indeed a little annoying.

bytesized-hosting.com also offers a seedbox with plex integrated which I have yet to test. It is however a bit more expensive.

All in all, there doesn't appear to be a perfect solution that works seamlessly. Ideally I would like to achieve something along the lines of a custom Netflix.
          You can set up the plex server to refresh automatically under the settings tab for the server. You can set it to automatically detect new content and also set the interval in which it checks for new content.

You can find it under Settings --> Library

Comment

I'll give a +1 for plex on seedboxes.cc , it works great (and it doesnt count to your upload bandwidth)

Edit: I will note that plex on seedboxes.cc is not a customisable option like a normal plex install from Tal0ne or Bytesized-hosting is, they give you two directory's and a link to refresh your shares and thats it. It seems the plex install is actually shared and they've just created a lot of users.
            Last edited by sivrintear; January 29, 2015, 09:08 AM.

Comment

So which seedbox hosting company that uses Plex do you guys recommend? Seems like seedboxes.cc is the front runner?

Comment

Originally posted by kaotiksoul View Post
                So which seedbox hosting company that uses Plex do you guys recommend? Seems like seedboxes.cc is the front runner?
                Not the front runner because you are only connecting your plex account to their shared Movie and TV folder. Your not actually running an independent Plex media server. Of course you can populate these folders with media of your choice but your limited in the settings you can set. I must say though that the speed is very good for me streaming to the States. Better than Bytesized for me. However Bytesized streaming seedboxes are much more full featured. If Plex is your main concern with a seedbox, I'd recommend Bytesized as you will actually be running the plex app that is installed directly on your seedbox.
                Last edited by orytek; February 13, 2015, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Does those servers have any problems with Transcoding in Plex?
                  Did you experience such problems?

Comment

No problems transcoding but like I said, I got better streaming performance from seedboxes.cc. I am in the US though so maybe that was part of the problem. Also, maybe because seedboxes.cc just has a bigger pipe with more bandwidth. I am not certain.
                    Being able to control a server instead of a shared plex library is better though. For instance with bytesized I could add subs automatically from the agent option. With the shared library I have to upload the srt to the server. There is other organizational and feature advantages with bytesized also because of server vs. library. Still for myself, I would opt to stay with seedboxes.cc because of the good performance.
                    Last edited by orytek; February 14, 2015, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by orytek View Post
                      Not the front runner because you are only connecting your plex account to their shared Movie and TV folder. Your not actually running an independent Plex media server. Of course you can populate these folders with media of your choice but your limited in the settings you can set. I must say though that the speed is very good for me streaming to the States. Better than Bytesized for me. However Bytesized streaming seedboxes are much more full featured. If Plex is your main concern with a seedbox, I'd recommend Bytesized as you will actually be running the plex app that is installed directly on your seedbox.
                      To bad with Bytesized, you only get 2TB of bandwith and streaming videos counts towards that. I'd use that up very quickly. I need a seedbox with Plex that has unlimited or at least higher than 8TB.

I'm in the US and worried that these providers wont be able to handle streaming 10-20GB movies without stuttering.

Comment

I use PLEX from seedboxes.cc daily. I do not however watch anytime in HD above 720p. I don't see many seedboxes working smoothly all the time at high definitions. But you never know till you try...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kaotiksoul View Post
                          To bad with Bytesized, you only get 2TB of bandwith and streaming videos counts towards that. I'd use that up very quickly. I need a seedbox with Plex that has unlimited or at least higher than 8TB.

I'm in the US and worried that these providers wont be able to handle streaming 10-20GB movies without stuttering.
                          I think seedboxes.cc doesn't count bandwidth from plex or files downloaded to your box. Just bandwidth from seeding torrents. You should check with them but I'm fairly sure.
                          Their plex boxes are only shared libraries though, not complete plex servers.

What I ended up doing was to get a dedicated server elsewhere and I installed everything I needed. It was priced about the same but with a much larger hard drive and bandwidth. So I will not renew my box with Bytesized or seedboxes.cc You might want to wait until the end of the month when tal0ne is supposed to release their plex boxes as they might be good.

Or do like me and deal with the minor learning curve of setting up your own seedbox. The updated seedbox from scratch script works good and then you can separately install Plex, Deluge, filebot, or whatever else you want.
                          Last edited by orytek; February 23, 2015, 08:10 PM.

Comment

or get a windows dedi like me

Comment

I am on Seedbox.cc and so far it's working great. It is a shared library not a dedicated PLex server and the bandwidth used be Plex is not deducted from your allowance. If you are from US using EU plex servers can be a hit or miss.

Comment

Working...
                              X