Seedbox Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seedbox Questions

Well hello everybody! I am new to the forum and I was just accepted from my introduction. Anyways I have a couple questions that I would like to ask.

I have a job so I will be able to pay for a seedbox. I understand that I can use this to download torrents at high speed and bypass any ISP BS and such but what else can I do with it?

I want to e able to be a part of something bigger and not waste my money on something Ill only use to myself. Is there a way to help someone seed with there site or anything of that such[I know I am sounding like a noob here but I just want to know]

Please reply and help me get more knowledge with this subject and maybe I will be smarter and not waste my money on something.

Thanks in advance

They help with your ratio alot and it seeds 24/7/365 as long as you pay, so your ratio and bonus points will get higher

Comment

Originally posted by SSD View Post
      They help with your ratio alot and it seeds 24/7/365 as long as you pay, so your ratio and bonus points will get higher
      What do you mean ration and bonus points xD and I mean I would want to help someone by either seeding their torrents or something else. I would only use it a a couple times a week(As My downloading of stuff increases) I just dont want to have it sitting that would be pointless

Comment

A Seedbox saves your PC being on 24/7 to seed torrents, which can kill it fast.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWickerMan View Post
          A Seedbox saves your PC being on 24/7 to seed torrents, which can kill it fast.
          That is also a plus but I am still not sure. I mean I could seed older things that need seeding but I feel like that would counterproductive. I would like to help someone with some torrenting or some seeding with private torrents or I dont know lol I just dont want it sitting

Comment

The more you're seeding the more you're helping/contributing to your tracker and its community. But you sound like you wanna share your seedbox with others! not a good idea and you should check with your seedbox provider because some or most of them don't allow it.

Comment

Originally posted by patrick8996 View Post
              That is also a plus but I am still not sure. I mean I could seed older things that need seeding but I feel like that would counterproductive. I would like to help someone with some torrenting or some seeding with private torrents or I dont know lol I just dont want it sitting
              As a newbie I'm not sure you need a seedbox, as uploading is not easy on some trackers. You could try cross-seeding from the seedbox from one site to another, but that can also be difficult, there are tutorials here on many seedbox topics as well as reviews of providers. Personally, I would stick with general easy to seed trackers like Demonoid, IPT, etc., until you get more experience. Then (like me) start with a small seedbox, I have 225GB on a 150 Mbps connection from Tal0ne for 5+ Euros/M. If you find you like the benefits of the box then you can upgrade, but learning how to survive on trackers is the key thing. Once you've done this you will be ready for the rare stuff you get here on TI once your level grows...
              sigpic

Comment

A seedbox is simply a machine dedicated to running torrents via an already configured torrent client albeit with a high speed connection (100Mbit/s-1Gbit/s) located on a server in a datacenter.
                The seedbox provider rents a server in a datacenter from a provider and installs/configures the server for torrent usage by installing various software such as torrent client, webserver & FTP (for downloading by the end user which is you), etc

Some of its Advantages are (but not limited to):-
                1) Quality, High Speed Internet Connection- Many times higher than normal residential internet connections 99% of us use. This helps in faster downloads/uploads. As you can upload faster you can easily maintain your ratio on private trackers.
                2) 24/7 runtime- The server is hosted in a datacenter and runs 24/7/365. You don't have to worry about keeping your pc on for seeding.
                3) Security- You don't have to worry about your ISP/other organisations snooping on your data as they cannot monitor or know about your seedbox. Plus as all the downloading/uploading (with other peers on the tracker) takes place via the seedbox you don't have to worry about anything.
                Also as long as you use SFTP or HTTPS to transfer files to your home PC, your ISP cannot see what you are transferring. Its just random data to them. And plus HTTPS/SFTP are very very rarely throttled by ISP's unlike P2P throttling which is relatively very commonly throttled and monitored.

Comment

Originally posted by alexm8 View Post
                  The more you're seeding the more you're helping/contributing to your tracker and its community. But you sound like you wanna share your seedbox with others! not a good idea and you should check with your seedbox provider because some or most of them don't allow it.
                  No No No, I dont want to share it with other I would use it to seed others torrents or do whatever I can do to help other torrent users

Originally posted by TheWickerMan View Post
                  As a newbie I'm not sure you need a seedbox, as uploading is not easy on some trackers. You could try cross-seeding from the seedbox from one site to another, but that can also be difficult, there are tutorials here on many seedbox topics as well as reviews of providers. Personally, I would stick with general easy to seed trackers like Demonoid, IPT, etc., until you get more experience. Then (like me) start with a small seedbox, I have 225GB on a 150 Mbps connection from Tal0ne for 5+ Euros/M. If you find you like the benefits of the box then you can upgrade, but learning how to survive on trackers is the key thing. Once you've done this you will be ready for the rare stuff you get here on TI once your level grows...
                  I sent you a PM with some more questions as you seem to have the "Knowledge" of what I am asking about I just cant really type it out or say exactly what I mean. I say it in my head but when i type it it makes no sense to others xD
                  Last edited by patrick8996; September 12, 2014, 07:02 AM.

Comment

I sent you a PM with some more questions as you seem to have the "Knowledge" of what I am asking about I just cant really type it out or say exactly what I mean. I say it in my head but when i type it it makes no sense to others xD
                    Replied to PM, I hope the info helps, feel free to post Qs here if you think the replies will help others?
                    sigpic

Comment

No No No, I dont want to share it with other I would use it to seed others torrents or do whatever I can do to help other torrent users
                      you should know that a seedbox is there to helps you first, then other "torrent users". if you download from public trackers, your home IP won't be exposed and for private trackers with their ratio and hit & run rules, a seedbox is an essential tool. Before obtaining a seedbox you should know how to put it in a good use!

Comment

main reason to have a seedbox is to build your ratio. which means downloading and seeding as much stuff as you can for as long as you can - most of which you do not want for yourself. which means you are helping other torrent users by seeding stuff they want. ;)

Comment

as [MENTION=56997]TheWickerMan[/MENTION] say there are some tracker out there that even with seedbox is very hard to keep ratio so if you are experience that you should consider buying one
                          Also on fast scene trackers the main ratio/upload is earn taking fresh fast torrents quick by seedbox ,very little on life term seeding

for example i always use
                          Last edited by AIA; September 23, 2014, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zbat View Post
                            as [MENTION=56997]TheWickerMan[/MENTION] sai there are some tracker out there that even with seedbox is very hard to keep ratio so if you are experience that you should consider buying one
                            Also on fast scene trackers the main ratio/upload is earn taking fresh fast torrents quick by seedbox ,very little on life term seeding

for example i always use
                            I've had a good experience so far if you refer to the wicked server review you can see my ratios. But I am a bit hesitant with going to another private tracker because I still don't understand the RSS and automatic torrent thing

Comment

I've had a good experience so far if you refer to the wicked server review you can see my ratios. But I am a bit hesitant with going to another private tracker because I still don't understand the RSS and automatic torrent thing
                              I choose autodl-irssi over rss any time

Comment

Working...
                              X