Want to try something new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to try something new

I have been with Stonabox.me for >1 year now. They're friendly and good support. The guy who runs it (I'll not mention name as I only know his Skype/IRC) is a great guy. Always helpful with any problems.

So why do I want to move? Well. I have had a few small issues down downtime/speed -- nothing major and I actually think one of the speed issues was my own ISP. Anyways. It's a 1Gbit link but I rarely hit >35MB/s so I think for 1Gbit it should be pushing a little more.

I currently have one of their semi-dedicated plans and I run rTorrent and Deluge (for a friend. barely used if I am being honest but I need the option to run both).

The cost is $50/Month and for that I get:

Semi-Dedicated (NL)
    1Gbps
    1Tb
    ability to run Deluge/rTorrent -- important*
    auto-irssi
    non-shell access
    SFTP/FTPS access

Any ideas friends of TI? :)

We we're just discussing ideas for servers under 60$ here -> http://www.torrent-invites.com/showthread.php?t=273206

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=244619]Bakkra[/MENTION] - I will have a look. :)

Comment

Try Tal0ne or seedhost.eu or seedmybox

Comment

I can also vouch for tal0ne.co.uk. I am currently on their 1 Gbit VPS (Pureseed Plan) and I run rtorrent and deluge simultaneously (hd-wing does not like deluge any more !!!). Fast servers, even faster customer service , ssh access , solusVM panel , NL location , well within your budget.
          If you can spare some time , go through their review section here -> http://www.torrent-invites.com/showthread.php?t=257253

Comment

Tal0ne is the best out there mate, their customer service is excellent and their boxes are really fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakkra View Post
              We we're just discussing ideas for servers under 60$ here -> http://www.torrent-invites.com/showthread.php?t=273206
              Helpful link. I am gonna check the whole posts soon

Sent from my HTC Ruby using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I also vouch for tal0ne, awesome customer service and awesome speeds, even the shared plans you can hit much much higher than 35MB/s. I have used a few different servers including a couple dedi plans, I settled on the sidewinder plan which is shared but dedi ip and I get great speeds sometimes hitting 75MB/s+

Comment

I am currently using SeedStuff.ca. No issues at all. Everything was set up and working from the start. The speeds are also very decent on the shared plans. I have seen >70MBps.
                  My Giveaways My Requests
                  None None

|
                  |
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
                  |
                  |

I bet you're the kind of guy that
                  would fuck a person in the ass
                  and not even have the godda*n
                  common courtesy to give him a
                  reach around. I'll be watching you.

'Gunnery Sergeant Hartman
                  '
                  |
                  |
                  |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  |
                  |

Thanks, gblaze

Comment

Ive been using tal0ne (wicked servers) for some time now and they are pretty good in speeds, support, value for money and stability.
                    I have the Performance plan (1gbps shared) and I easily get 50MB/s down and 40MB/s up most of the time.
                    I got my server as soon as payment was processed. Literally 1 minute.
                    You can't go wrong with them.

I've also tried PulsedMedia and Xirvik which are pretty good but the only thing is they're a bit costlier.

Also try chmuranet if you have the budget. WeaselBuddha is one of the funniest person I know and his service Chmuranet is also one of the best providers.

Comment

Its interesting what different peoples perceptions of performance are. You all seem quite happy with speeds I think are a bit slow.

Comment

everyone has their preference in what they want or can afford, I always want faster everything but my wallet does not

Comment

Originally posted by care71 View Post
                          Its interesting what different peoples perceptions of performance are. You all seem quite happy with speeds I think are a bit slow.
                          It's not that I wouldn't prefer faster speeds. But not everybody can afford to pay $40/month. In fact, the highest I'd go at the moment is no more than $20/month.
                          My Giveaways My Requests
                          None None

|
                          |
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
                          |
                          |

I bet you're the kind of guy that
                          would fuck a person in the ass
                          and not even have the godda*n
                          common courtesy to give him a
                          reach around. I'll be watching you.

'Gunnery Sergeant Hartman
                          '
                          |
                          |
                          |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          |
                          |

Thanks, gblaze

Comment

http://www.chmuranet.com/ has a 48 eur / month plan.

Comment

Originally posted by baikonur View Post

....Also try chmuranet if you have the budget. WeaselBuddha is one of the funniest person I know and his service Chmuranet is also one of the best providers.

"What do you mean funny!!? Funny how? Funny I'm a Clown? Funny looking?! Here to amuse you? ...Huh &#*K!?"

Double thanks for the tip of the hat!
                              Last edited by Chmuranet; August 20, 2014, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X