Advices regarding performances on some seedbox clients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advices regarding performances on some seedbox clients

I am in the seedbox for several years i know many thing regarding but i want to confirm some dilema

I have a weak VPS server and i'm interested to put like 1000 torrents at seed but i've seen that the harddrive is very laggy and at deluge it works terrible
    also rtorrent works a much better but i don't like it
    Also I want you guys to suggest linux clients that aren't banned and works great on low specs and not eat a lot of ram
    i want to seed a lot of torrents and the ram is only 2GB ,how much torrents i can put on various clients until it fills up

BUMP

Comment

I've been using rtorrent for quite some time and i think is the best choice

Comment

I am surprised to read that deluge performs terribly. I also have 2 GB ram on my vps and it performs well with deluge. I am connected to the vps with deluge thin client and not via webui and I experience no lags . Honestly speaking , I hate rutorrent as well and I do not know any other decent alternative other than deluge. Anyway, 2 GB ram is very good. Maybe you should tweak swappiness like I did initially, if you have Ubuntu and change the default value of 60 to 30 . If you have time to spare, please read this to help you more
        Code:
        https://sites.google.com/site/tipsandtricksforubuntu/system-tips/swappiness

Comment

The hard drive speed is terrible and I saw in htop that deluge is taking a lot of cpu and ultimate fu...k the speed

Comment

well I know my old plan I had over 600 torrents seeding with 1gb ram, I have not tested what my new plan can do that has 3gb ram

Just add torrents until it cant handle more but with rutorrent 1k torrents on 2gb ram seems doable but of course there will probably be some lag

Comment

If you want proper speeds get a real server. OVH has So Your Start from $49 a month and dedi's from $109 a month.

Comment

Originally posted by celeroninuse View Post
                If you want proper speeds get a real server. OVH has So Your Start from $49 a month and dedi's from $109 a month.
                I think that's an overkill unless you wanna do encoding as well.
                RIP WHAT

Comment

Originally posted by danny View Post
                  I think that's an overkill unless you wanna do encoding as well.
                  Not if you want consistent sustainable speeds. You get what you pay for.

Comment

Memory management in Deluge is horrible, it is a excellent client for racing, but it just doesn't scale well. Rtorrent scales significantly better, but is not nearly as aggressive as Deluge to the swarm.

We generally recommend keeping Deluge below 700 torrents, and using the thin client.

Comment

Yep.I read that once, the problem at my seedbox that deluge is rocketing my cpu to max even in low speed, and have only 100 torrents

Comment

Working...
                      X