Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The spreadsheet has been very helpful. Thanks!

Comment

Wow! This is terrific!!! My current box is about to expire so found this just in time to figure out if I should stay with them or move elsewhere. Much appreciated mate!

Comment

Originally posted by osu View Post
        True to a point, but there are many seedbox providers that have dedicated server offerings (seedroots, xirvik, superseeder, seedstuff, etc). I for one usually decide to go the dedicated server route instead of sharing resources with others. And I have been going directly to "providers" lately as well so that I don't have to pay the 25% to 200% mark up prices than with a reseller. If I goto seedroots and see a dedicated server listed I want to know how it would compare to other seedbox or provider companies as you would say.

Ovh, online, leaseweb go hand in hand with the term "seedbox". I guess the OP could start separate "seedbox" and "provider" lists, but it would be nice to have them all in one. Just my 2 cents.

yep, a week ago I would have and almost did. Just the sound of "dedicated server" makes me feel like Im in an elite class and even a disclaimer like must know linux wouldnt have scared me away. (how hard can linux be, I would have though). Well I did go and get a seedbox, linux wasnt really needed but a friend wanted to see some hardware stats of the server so he took me through a little tutorial in putty and boy was I floored!

Comment

Wow nice document, I have been looking into if I should switch seedbox provider. This document will help me to pin point of I should go true whit it or not.

Thank you :D

Comment

Wow I'm so glad I stumbled on this, what a great resource! thanks to all those contributing to this!

Comment

Is this still updated? It seems a bit out of date ...

Comment

about bandwidth go over.

thank you for your list, one thing I concern about the bandwidth, like SeedRootS they limit to 5TB and you need to buy more or they limit the speed to a lower one.
                I have a box with feralhosting, good on bandwidth.

Comment

I believe feral hosting has doubled the storage capacity for their plans.

Comment

Working...
                  X