This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seedbox Plan Matrix – Sortable, filterable spreadsheet of seedbox plans

To help everyone better evaluate seedboxes, I’ve created a spreadsheet that contains many of the popular seedboxes. You can filter and sort the key data points about each plan to help select the best plan for your specific situation.

Example:
    Best Price/GB For Plans Under $30

Price/GB Rank Company Plan Name Price Currency In USD In EUR Storage (GB) Price/ Storage (GB) Download Upload Traffic Location
    1 SeedRootS Semi-Dedicated - 200 Semi 22 USD $22 €17 4000 0.00550 1000 200 Unlimited
    2 SeedRootS Semi-Dedicated - *300* Semi 26 USD $26 €20 4000 0.00650 1000 300 Unlimited
    3 WhatBox Flex NL - 1.35 25.00 USD $25 €20 1350 0.01852 150 3500 Netherlands
    4 WhatBox Flex US - 1.35 25.00 USD $25 €20 1350 0.01852 150 3500 United States
    5 Feral Hosting Helium 10 EUR $13 €10 500 0.02560 10000 10000 2000 Netherlands
    6 Feral Hosting Neon 15 EUR $19 €15 750 0.02560 10000 10000 5000 Netherlands
    7 Feral Hosting Argon 20 EUR $26 €20 1000 0.02560 10000 10000 8000 Netherlands
    8 SeedRootS Dedicated - Seedling v2 28 USD $28 €22 1000 0.02800 100 100 5000 France
    9 dediSeedbox Shared Servers - Large Plan 25.00 USD $25 €20 800 0.03125 1000 Unlimited Amsterdam
    10 dediSeedbox Shared Servers - Medium Plan 20.00 USD $20 €16 600 0.03333 1000 Unlimited Amsterdam
    I was attempting to select a seedbox plan for myself and was frustrated at the number of companies and options and the difficulty of comparing them objectively. I started to make a matrix for myself and thought the community would benefit from this effort.

Need Your Help With The Next Version

This is my first pass with only some of the popular seedboxes I found here on TI. I want to make this better and I need your help. The Google sheet has commenting open so please feel free to comment directly on the sheet about how you want it updated.

Here was an older list that gave me some inspiration (thanks F1ghtClu6). Unfortunately, much of the data in that sheet is out of date.

EDIT Sep 25, 2014: Updated information for best price/gb services (whatbox, dediSeedbox, seedroots, ferral) and removed online.net
    EDIT Sept 26, 2013: Added StonaBox and Box4Seed. Did not update top 10 list because of bad speeds reported for Box4Seed.
    Last edited by ThirdHudson; September 26, 2014, 01:46 PM.

what a great effort in getting things together in one place, however i request you to add a few more reputed providers like seedhost/xirvik etc.

Comment

Originally posted by lollypop1 View Post
      what a great effort in getting things together in one place, however i request you to add a few more reputed providers like seedhost/xirvik etc.
      Absolutely agree, lollypop1. If you look at the second part of my post, you'll notice a link to a web form that I intend to send out to ALL of the seedhosts in order to have them respond with accurate information. I'm hoping that none of them will want to be left off the list so they will respond.

To make sure I don't miss the ones that you are suggesting, please indicate which seedhost you mean:

Seedhost.eu
      seedhost.info (biohost.info)
      Seedhost.net

Comment

1st and 3rd ones. Biohost is a strict no.

Comment

Excellent idea. Like someone mentioned above, just add more providers. A couple I would definitely recommend adding are seedroots and feralhosting.

Comment

Originally posted by osu View Post
            Excellent idea. Like someone mentioned above, just add more providers. A couple I would definitely recommend adding are seedroots and feralhosting.
            As requested, I've added the following providers to the list:

Seedhost.eu
            Seedhost.net
            Xirvik
            Seedroots
            Feralhosting

I've also made considerable updates to the survey. Still need your help on that.

Comment

Chmuranet
              Wicked Servers
              SeedStuff

Deserves to be added

Comment

Originally posted by iSMAEL View Post
                Chmuranet
                Wicked Servers
                SeedStuff

Deserves to be added
                Thanks for the suggestion Ismael. I had Chmuranet and SeedStuff on my list to send the survey but not Wicked Servers so I added it. I will send them all the survey to get the data properly formatted.

I do still need help with that if you have any suggestions to make it better. Thanks.

Comment

I sent you an email with our plans in a spreadsheet. I was not sure about the survey and having to do it once for each plan (12 x in my case).

Hope this works. Repped!

Comment

Originally posted by SeedStuff View Post
                    I sent you an email with our plans in a spreadsheet. I was not sure about the survey and having to do it once for each plan (12 x in my case).

Hope this works. Repped!
                    Thanks so much for putting this together. I love to see when providers are contributing. Perhaps I might be able to offer some feedback in return. I've been looking at a lot of seedbox providers over the past week and could share some insights about how you are faring from a pre-sales perception standpoint.

At a glance, these are your strongest differentiators:
                    • An excellently website: well organized, comprehensive and attractive
                    • Excellent user reviews on TI
                    • North American & UK servers
                    • Unmetered Bandwidth (with no user complaints)
                    • Dedicated IPs
                    • Limited users per box and HD

Your most apparent weaknesses are:
                    • High Pice/GB
                    • Lack of support for additional torrent clients
                    • No >200 mbit offerings
                    • Limited extras like VPN and SSH
                    • Limited knowledgeable

You obviously cater to a very targeted demographic and your customers seem very happy with how well you support them. I would gather that you've opted to optimize the experience of your core users by not spreading yourselves too thin supporting many configurations and applications. That's a commendable strategy. I could see only supporting rTorrent being a significant detractor for many potential customers but I do not have data to back up that claim.

By the numbers, you are not a standout on the Matrix without filtering by "Unlimited". That indicates to me that I need to consider adding more qualitative measures so your customer's positive experience could be better represented. You might want to consider adjusting your $/GB ratio as your performing particularly poorly in that area. Your top ranked plan is 52nd at $0.0389 / GB and your top plan under $30 is ranked 74th at $0.0556/GB. By comparison, the Whatbox.ca is offering their "Flex NL - 1.35" plan with 150 mBit with a ratio of 0.0185 and they have similar service reviews on TI. Of course there is a 3.5 TB cap on that plan. A good comparable for you with unlimited is DediSeedbox. Their $25/month shared plan has a 0.0321 ratio and a 1Gbps advertised pipe. That's a 42% better ratio than your comparably priced plan. While I can see limiting the storage as a good way to manage traffic, the gap is very wide at the moment.

Despite that, I think you have some compelling plans especially for users looking for a reliable and truly unlimited plan. The narrow range of offerings can really be an asset in disguise and I'd like to see how I can better reward that approach in my next version of the Seedbox Matrix.

I would love to hear your thoughts on the survey to get a provider's perspective. To your point about the length and doing it for every plan, I intend on creating a COPY functionality that would pre-fill it with the responses from the last plan you entered so that you only need to revise the differences for each. I'm also going to offer that you can do it in a spreadsheet like you did. The current Google form is intended to get the ball rolling on the design and solicit feedback.

The Survey Post
                    http://www.torrent-invites.com/showthread.php?t=265798

Thanks again.
                    Last edited by ThirdHudson; February 20, 2014, 02:44 AM.

Comment

I'd like to see online.net's dedicated server offerings added. I'm looking to purchase another server and I'd love to see how they compare.

Comment

update

secureboxes not doing trial right now

Comment

Originally posted by gaz74 View Post
                          secureboxes not doing trial right now
                          [MENTION=230031]gaz74[/MENTION]
                          I updated the matrix. Thanks for sharing!

I'd like to see online.net's dedicated server offerings added. I'm looking to purchase another server and I'd love to see how they compare.
                          [MENTION=210332]osu[/MENTION]
                          I updated the matrix. The numbers and reviews on TI were compelling enough that it made sense to also redo the chart in my main post. I included a link on a post on how to setup the seedbox. I only included plans under 100 EUR which should be sufficient for most users. My biggest concern about adding them is that they don't seem to cater specially to seedboxes. I intended the matrix to only include servers that were well suited for that purpose. Enough users on TI seem to use this and I didn't see any problems reported so it seemed to make sense. They have some pretty great offerings. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

I assume this thread/project is aimed at the seedbox companies and resellers, not providers. If "online.net" is going on the list, then you will have to add OVH (+ their sub-branches), LeaseWeb, Hetnzer and other providers too which makes this no longer a seedbox matrix.

Comment

Originally posted by NaTreX View Post
                              I assume this thread/project is aimed at the seedbox companies and resellers, not providers. If "online.net" is going on the list, then you will have to add OVH (+ their sub-branches), LeaseWeb, Hetnzer and other providers too which makes this no longer a seedbox matrix.
                              True to a point, but there are many seedbox providers that have dedicated server offerings (seedroots, xirvik, superseeder, seedstuff, etc). I for one usually decide to go the dedicated server route instead of sharing resources with others. And I have been going directly to "providers" lately as well so that I don't have to pay the 25% to 200% mark up prices than with a reseller. If I goto seedroots and see a dedicated server listed I want to know how it would compare to other seedbox or provider companies as you would say.

Ovh, online, leaseweb go hand in hand with the term "seedbox". I guess the OP could start separate "seedbox" and "provider" lists, but it would be nice to have them all in one. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Working...
                              X