Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Online.net rutorrent installation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Online.net rutorrent installation

    I am trying to install rtorrent to Online.net dedibox since yesterday. I really read many forum and did many things. I didn't make it. So can anyone help me? I will write a guide for that after i learned.

  • #2
    Ive managed to setup my ubuntu 12.04 online.net server with this without any problem
    http://www.torrent-invites.com/seedb...nc-ubuntu.html

    Comment


    • #3
      How to create a seedbox with a Dedicated server from Online.net:

      There should be plenty of guides out there, but anyhow, I can easily guide you through this:
      1. Place your order on Online.net
      2. Pay for it and receive access to the dedicated server.
      3. To access the dedicated server, you need to log in from http://console.online.net
      4. The first thing you see here is that you need to click on Server and 'reinstall' it.
      5. When you decide to install the OS on your dedicated server, you can choose many different ones, in my case I would go for the one based on Linux >> Ubuntu v12.04 LTS Server 64Bits. (Install >> Server Distributions >> Ubuntu v12.04 LTS 64Bits)
      6. The next step in order to install the OS, is to partition the disk:
        (Keep in mind that by default, it might be set as RAID1, which is useless for a seedbox imo. In this case, you need to contact support and ask them to change the disk from RAID1 to RAID0. Google RAID0 and RAID1 if you absolutely have to read more about it)
      7. The partitioning phase is fairly simple. Here is a screenshot for how I do my partitioning on Online.net:
        http://i.imgur.com/3CjJD1w.png (Yes, this is a unauthorized host, this is temporary and will be replaced as soon as T-I image host is working for me)
      8. Click 'Validate' and wait for the installation to complete.
      9. Access SSH terminal with a client called puTTy.
      10. Write your server IP and let the SSH port stay as default (SSH port: 22) and log in.
      11. After you are logged in, you do want root access, therefore change to root user by writing:
        Code:
        Sudo bash
        or
        Code:
        Sudo -s
      12. If the server ask for a password, then write the one when you accessed the SSH terminal.
      13. Then write:
        Code:
        apt-get update
        apt-get upgrade
        Congratulations. You have now successfully updated your Ubuntu OS.
      14. Recently I've been testing out scripts on T-I, and tried Lefteris script which is a good script imo. (All credits to Lefteris and Copper). You can find what is included in it and the link is here: http://www.torrent-invites.com/seedb...bd-deluge.html
      15. Follow the guidelines and answer the script and you should be good to go.
      16. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me or hook me up on IRC.


      Good luck!

      NaTreX
      Last edited by NaTreX; December 8, 2013, 12:12 PM. Reason: Added more info.

      Comment


      • #4
        Firstly, thank you to all. I really tried everything. And of course i searched on forum first but it always gives error when i was trying to install it. I will try your suggestions again.

        Comment


        • #5
          Can you give some example error messages that you got?

          Comment


          • #6
            it works :) Natrex i tried your method. And it works. Thank you so much. I think your post must be sticky for beginners like me. Or i can prepare a guide.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by aozsari View Post
              it works :) Natrex i tried your method. And it works. Thank you so much. I think your post must be sticky for beginners like me. Or i can prepare a guide.
              Im glad that it worked out for you. Cheers mate! :)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by NaTreX View Post
                After you are logged in, you do want root access, therefore change to root user by writing:
                1. Code:
                  Sudo bash
                  or
                  Code:
                  Sudo -s
                When I enter

                Sudo bash

                or

                Sudo -s

                terminal say No comand 'Sudo' found.

                Can you help me?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by supermens View Post
                  When I enter

                  Sudo bash

                  or

                  Sudo -s

                  terminal say No comand 'Sudo' found.

                  Can you help me?
                  Which OS did you install on your dedicated server?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by NaTreX View Post
                    Which OS did you install on your dedicated server?
                    Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Server (64BITS)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by supermens View Post
                      Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Server (64BITS)
                      It has been reported that it might have happened during the installation process. You can either try to reinstall 14.04 or go for the stable Ubuntu 12.04 64bits instead.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by NaTreX View Post
                        It has been reported that it might have happened during the installation process. You can either try to reinstall 14.04 or go for the stable Ubuntu 12.04 64bits instead.

                        I reinstalled Ubuntu but again same problem.

                        @Supermens

                        Your screenshots have been removed due to using an unauthorized image host. Please adhere to the Forum rules by using either our Image Dump or Imgur. Thank you for understanding. //NaTreX
                        Last edited by NaTreX; September 6, 2014, 04:06 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by supermens View Post
                          I reinstalled Ubuntu but again same problem.

                          @Supermens

                          Your screenshots have been removed due to using an unauthorized image host. Please adhere to the Forum rules by using either our Image Dump or Imgur. Thank you for understanding. //NaTreX
                          I am suspecting a permission error with your folders connected to the path "sudo". What I would do is to contact Support from Online.net. Try to see what they have to say in this and perhaps they are able to solve the problem for you.

                          How did you install your OS? Did you add any custom installation or did you proceed with the default installation?

                          Comment


                          • #14





                            Originally posted by NaTreX View Post
                            I am suspecting a permission error with your folders connected to the path "sudo". What I would do is to contact Support from Online.net. Try to see what they have to say in this and perhaps they are able to solve the problem for you.
                            OK!
                            Last edited by NaTreX; September 6, 2014, 04:15 PM. Reason: Doublepost

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              LOL Of course the command is not found there is no "Sudo" only "sudo"

                              Yes, Terminal is case sensitive.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X