Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OVH SOLD OUT

Hello,

As many of you know Ovh no longer sell any Dedicated Server. Now I am looking for something similar that accept torrent. What company you can recommend for seedbox in EU ?
    What is more how to pay for it as annonymous as it possible ?

Originally posted by Phx View Post
    Hello,

As many of you know Ovh no longer sell any Dedicated Server. Now I am looking for something similar that accept torrent. What company you can recommend for seedbox in EU ?
    What is more how to pay for it as annonymous as it possible ?
    I only know that Amsterdam seems a popular place in EU..

Comment

Oles, the managing director of OVH, finally released plans for their new business plan and server lines yesterday. The translated version can be found at their forums here: http://forum.ovh.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=6

Its 8 parts in total and gives me some hope they might actually want to start taking people's money again.

For anonymity paying? Try bitcoin or a prepaid credit card in your local currency. And you always connect with a VPN if you are really concerned about privacy.

Comment

Apparently, they won't be in stock at least until early next year from the way he wrote it.

In the meantime, I would suggest getting a leaseweb or online.net server instead.

Comment

online.net also dont have any free servers right now. What is better for torrents: leaseweb or hetzner ?

Comment

Leaseweb, from what I've seen when using my Xirvik dedi, they seem to have a much more robust and better connected network than Hetzner.

Comment

Get a server at i3d.net. Peering is great, FTP speeds are fast, 4TB drive + 2 1GBit dedicated connections for only $99.00. Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by lucabrassi View Post
                Get a server at i3d.net. Peering is great, FTP speeds are fast, 4TB drive + 2 1GBit dedicated connections for only $99.00. Love it.
                i3d.net is way overpriced.

Link me to that offer please because I can't find it..
                :evil: HELLenic = Greek which came out of HELL :evil:

Comment

There's a trick to this because i originally ordered the server for $110.00 that came with a 3TB drive. The problem was that they didn't have any 3TB drives in stock when i ordered it so they gave me a 4TB drive for the same price and - 9 bucks for an unconvenience charge :). They negotiate good deals for you. If you call them you over the phone you can also negotiate good deals. It's a little pricey but it's worth it. If you live in the U.S. you don't pay for vat which is a big plus. Good luck staying anonymous through these guys. I tried using a pre-paid card with a anonymous paypal account and they didn't authorize it. Oh Well.

Comment

Originally posted by HELLenic View Post
                    i3d.net is way overpriced.

Link me to that offer please because I can't find it..
                    It's not the same price/quote lucabrassi got, but if you don't feel like contacting i3d.net over the phone and trying to negotiate a deal with them, you can get his same set up for $122.77 per month (provided you're from the US or another country that's excluded from the VAT) if you sign up on a month-to-month basis, or cheaper if you pay ahead for 3, 6, 12, 24, or 36 months...

https://customer.i3d.net/dedicated-calculator/dedi-2400

Use coupon code E3DEALS at checkout. Even though the VAT is included in the total price, you will not be charged this fee at checkout. I have the basic setup for this deal (1TB drive and 1 x 1 GBit line), and I have absolutely no complaints.

FTP speeds are the best I've experienced from any provider. Since I started using CuteFTP's multi-part download feature, my 75Mbps home connection is maxed out the entire time, and it's even bursted up to 125Mbps on a couple difference occasions.

One thing I will point out though, is that this deal comes with 25TB of bandwidth. You can purchase additional bandwidth at $2.73 per month per TB, and both incoming & outgoing traffic is counted towards your allotment. 25TB may not be enough for everybody, but it has been more then enough for my needs.

Comment

Originally posted by mboko13 View Post
                      It's not the same price/quote lucabrassi got, but if you don't feel like contacting i3d.net over the phone and trying to negotiate a deal with them, you can get his same set up for $122.77 per month (provided you're from the US or another country that's excluded from the VAT) if you sign up on a month-to-month basis, or cheaper if you pay ahead for 3, 6, 12, 24, or 36 months...

https://customer.i3d.net/dedicated-calculator/dedi-2400

Use coupon code E3DEALS at checkout. Even though the VAT is included in the total price, you will not be charged this fee at checkout. I have the basic setup for this deal (1TB drive and 1 x 1 GBit line), and I have absolutely no complaints.

FTP speeds are the best I've experienced from any provider. Since I started using CuteFTP's multi-part download feature, my 75Mbps home connection is maxed out the entire time, and it's even bursted up to 125Mbps on a couple difference occasions.

One thing I will point out though, is that this deal comes with 25TB of bandwidth. You can purchase additional bandwidth at $2.73 per month per TB, and both incoming & outgoing traffic is counted towards your allotment. 25TB may not be enough for everybody, but it has been more then enough for my needs.
                      Just so you know multi-part download is not good for your HDDs :)

These deals are still overpriced IMHO. You can get 6TB on a 300Mbps dedicated line without any BW limit from Online.net @ 70eu/m (since the 4TB @ 50eu is sold out).
                      :evil: HELLenic = Greek which came out of HELL :evil:

Comment

Originally posted by HELLenic View Post
                        Just so you know multi-part download is not good for your HDDs :)

These deals are still overpriced IMHO. You can get 6TB on a 300Mbps dedicated line without any BW limit from Online.net @ 70eu/m (since the 4TB @ 50eu is sold out).
                        Thanks for the info about multi-part downloading...I'll have to look into that.

Everybody has different needs, but for my purposes, unlimited bandwidth and 4-6TB of storage is complete overkill. I just provided the link and quote for those specs since you were asking lucabrassi for them. Between great peering at i3d and using RSS and ratio groups, I usually keep my 1TB drive between 50-60% full while maintaining great ratios on a couple different trackers.

Which leads me to this rant.

I will absolutely never use Online.net again.

I ordered two servers from them just over a week ago (Classic + Gen2 on 10/22 & a dedibox LT on 10/23). The prices were prorated until the end of the month, so I figured what the heck...everybody in the Online.net thread seems to rave about their service, so I'll give them a shot and see how they compare to i3d. Big mistake. I couldn't surpass 20Mbps up on the Gen2, so I ordered the LT to see if the speed on that was any better. Even bigger mistake. I couldn't install any OS on the server...no matter how long I waited, the process just wouldn't finish. I finally gave up...created a support ticket and went to bed. I woke up to this message:

[Online] Proactive monitoring - Server sd-****2 - problem with the disk

Subject : Hardware anomaly detected on your server

Dear Sir or Madam,

As part of our HardwareWatch service we monitor the various
                        equipments of your server to maintain the highest levels of
                        availability and reliability.

Our robots have detected a hardware failure on your sd-****2 server:

Caution:POST Message - POST Error: 1797-Drive Array - Array Accelerator Read Error Occurred

Please confirm this anomaly on your management console.
                        I responded confirming the failure, since I figured this is what was prohibiting me from installing an OS. I then get a couple more emails...ticket's been created, ticket's been assigned, ticket re-planifi (reassigned)....

Then the best part...

[Online] Server ****2 locked (illegal)

Subject : Server ****2 locked

Dear Sir or Madam,

Your server number ****2 has been locked for illegal activities.

If you have any questions, please contact our assistance https://console.online.net/assistance/
                        Followed by the exact same message for my Gen2 server.

I thought maybe the Gen2 was cancelled because it was operating as a seedbox, but like I said, I didn't even have the chance to install an OS on the LT. I immediately emailed them back asking what "illegal activity" caused my services to be locked. They respond the following day (Friday, October 25) saying the name on my Online.net account and Paypal account don't match. I again respond to them within minutes, and I provided them with the info associated with my Paypal account. I asked them to update the name on my Online.net account (since only support can update that) so that it matches up with Paypal, and to then restore my services. Well, Friday goes by without a response from support. Now I have to wait until Monday to hear from them...or so I thought. Monday passes with no response. I email them again Tuesday morning. Finally I get a response at 11:16am:

Hello, I saw with my team leader the name and the first name are not the cause of the blocking, we went back the information to the service which blocked the servers to see what the situation is. Regards, -- Thibault C.
                        It is now 3:56pm on Friday, and I have not received any further communication from them. I got just over 24 hours of use out of a Classic + Gen2 that was completely underwhelming, and not a single minute of use (though quite a few hours of frustration trying to install on OS) out of the Dedibox LT.

If there were more people in the Online.net thread disappointed with their service, I'd be in there voicing my displeasure as well. As it is, I'm going to just chalk up my experience to bad luck, and stick with my perfectly fine i3d.net server which is just $9 more then the Classic + Gen2 and significantly cheaper then the Dedibox LT.

/rant
                        Last edited by mboko13; November 1, 2013, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X