Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which of these 3 provider shoud I go for

Hi,

I am currently with seedhost.eu and need more space.

So I have a list, in no set order

seedhost.eu (with them now)
    feralhosting.com
    seedboxes.cc

I am looking at there 500GB/600GB space seedbox.

So out of those 3 which one do you recommend.

Originally posted by CrazyDolphin View Post
    Hi,

feralhosting.com
    seedboxes.cc

I would say stick with seedhost.eu, I have a 300gb box there for a few months now, have no intentions of moving really, I have never had cause to make a ticket in 3 months (which is the duration of how long i've had the box as I just checked).

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDolphin View Post
      Hi,

feralhosting.com
      seedboxes.cc

I would stick as well. I've tried sooo many providers over the last few months in trying to find the best price/per storage/per bandwidth allottment and best transfer rate back to my home network (biggest point). I found really good in the 1st 3 yet the home transfer speed was a deal breaker for me (I can't use anything OVH as an example). I would recommend using trials a lot if possible and asking about test transfer files if the copy back home is important. Read the reviews here too. You can find a lot of information.

Comment

Hi.

Thanks for the replies.
        I am happy with seedhost.eu and the 2 tickets (check DHT stats and about upgrading) I have put in have had quick replies.
        About 10/15 minutes after opening the ticket I had a reply.

Comment

I was in your exact situation several months ago.

I had .eu and experienced very fast Customer Support, the chat feature was amazing. I did have some problems with capacity though.. clients would freeze up with more than 200+ torrents running. And they charge to upgrade your profile for each and every thing. It was just too frustrating for me, I need to run several hundred torrents remotely. That was over a year ago now. Here is my official review: http://www.torrent-invites.com/seedb...ml#post1593121

So I switched to feral after one month of .eu. Right off the bat it was easy to see that the speed was much slower than .eu (both adv at the same rate), but the client seem to run smooth. Was able to get up to 1000+ torrents running, but then the client would freeze when I tried to manage it...so I had to keep the client around 500+ or so. Then I actually had a real problem (data loss), and ended up ditching them because of their customer support did nothing but belittle myself and others in their iRC and not actually tend to the problem. It's almost like they didn't even care if I was a paying customer or not...

Then I found .cc and I have not switched since. It's been about 10 months now. They have a great wiki for new users (as I was back then).. it's like the owner targeted themselves to be exactly like feral but better in every way. Great speeds faster than both of the others by far. I can work 500+ torrents within the client without issue. I get at least 24 hour responses for any ticket. I actually went though their Service migration when everyone was ditching ovh and it was flawless in my opinion...they handled it with ease on my end. The Red Dragon box is worth every penny. I only wish the new Dragon was a little bit cheaper. ($136US is high)

So, if I were in your shoes right now, I'd switch to .cc and don't turn back. They are the fastest, most stable of the 3 (That is my experience). Oct is upon us, which means Freeleech events are going to start everywhere. You will want a strong beast to take you through the Holidays..trust me.

Good luck!

The process of scientific discovery is, in effect, a continual flight from wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by madden View Post

I had .eu and experienced very fast Customer Support, the chat feature was amazing. I did have some problems with capacity though.. clients would freeze up with more than 200+ torrents running. And they charge to upgrade your profile for each and every thing. It was just too frustrating for me, I need to run several hundred torrents remotely. That was over a year ago now. Here is my official review: http://www.torrent-invites.com/seedb...ml#post1593121

So I switched to feral after one month of .eu. Right off the bat it was easy to see that the speed was much slower than .eu (both adv at the same rate), but the client seem to run smooth. Was able to get up to 1000+ torrents running, but then the client would freeze when I tried to manage it...so I had to keep the client around 500+ or so. Then I actually had a real problem (data loss), and ended up ditching them because of their customer support did nothing but belittle myself and others in their iRC and not actually tend to the problem. It's almost like they didn't even care if I was a paying customer or not...

Then I found .cc and I have not switched since. It's been about 10 months now. They have a great wiki for new users (as I was back then).. it's like the owner targeted themselves to be exactly like feral but better in every way. Great speeds faster than both of the others by far. I can work 500+ torrents within the client without issue. I get at least 24 hour responses for any ticket. I actually went though their Service migration when everyone was ditching ovh and it was flawless in my opinion...they handled it with ease on my end. The Red Dragon box is worth every penny. I only wish the new Dragon was a little bit cheaper. ($136US is high)

So, if I were in your shoes right now, I'd switch to .cc and don't turn back. They are the fastest, most stable of the 3 (That is my experience). Oct is upon us, which means Freeleech events are going to start everywhere. You will want a strong beast to take you through the Holidays..trust me.

Good luck!
            Definitely interesting feedback. I am using both providers now (for the rest of the month) and I really have seen no issues with either seedhost.eu or seedboxes.cc.

Right now, I've been testing a large number of torrents on seedhost.eu to validate stability and been running without any issues at all for a few days now.

I would recommend both without an issue at this point from my experience. Prices/capacity/bandwidth are all roughly identical although seedhost.eu offers a few more TB per month when comparing the 49.95 versus the 50 package.

Comment

Originally posted by animosity022 View Post
              Definitely interesting feedback. I am using both providers now (for the rest of the month) and I really have seen no issues with either seedhost.eu or seedboxes.cc.

Right now, I've been testing a large number of torrents on seedhost.eu to validate stability and been running without any issues at all for a few days now.

I would recommend both without an issue at this point from my experience. Prices/capacity/bandwidth are all roughly identical although seedhost.eu offers a few more TB per month when comparing the 49.95 versus the 50 package.

Is that from a dedicated server? And how much total TB are you pushing with 1300+ running?

I'll admit I have been eye'ing that Arava1 plan for $100 over the new Dragon for $136.

The process of scientific discovery is, in effect, a continual flight from wonder.

Comment

Is that from a dedicated server? And how much total TB are you pushing with 1300+ running?

I'll admit I have been eye'ing that Arava1 plan for $100 over the new Dragon for $136.
                Nope. I used shared plans on both with the €50 one from seedhost.eu and the €49.95 one from seedboxes.cc. Over the last 3 days, I've pushed roughly 600GB yet I really have not had many really hot torrents loaded up. I've been working at bonus points on BTN so, it's more about quantity and seeding time rather than speed.

Toughest part for me is going to be deciding where to go in another 25 or so days as both seem excellent for my situation.

Comment

Personally I would stick with seedhost seems like a good host with decent deals

Comment

Good luck!
                    He didn't ask about superseeder so it's not the same situation.
                    Of course I recommend sticking with US

Comment

lol dont' I feel bad now.

What he said^^^^

Anyway I wanted to share my exp with the other 2.

Comment

HI,

Thank you for all the replies :)

I think I have decided what I am going to do, is stick with seedhost.eu and get there 500GB package sometime this week, and maybe pickup a Bat package from seedboxes.cc to test.
                        Then I can decide for myself what is the best for me.

As I said I am happy with seedhost.eu and have no issues, as far as I am aware, but I think without testing another provider I won't know if the grass is greener, where I am or somewhere else, I think this is the problem with me being a newbie with seedboxes.

Comment

After some research myself I think you made a good decision.

Good luck you crazy dolphin, you.

Comment

I would stick with seedhost.eu.. Good service and speed! Only downside is when you reached your upload limit they will brick your seedbox
                            I used to think that today would never come

Comment

Hi,

Yeh I stayed with seedhost.eu, got the 500GB plan this morning and FXP my stuff from my old 100GB seedbox with them.

Comment

Working...
                              X