How to Use Seedbox to Seed your own Torrents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Use Seedbox to Seed your own Torrents

Okay maybe I am doing this wrong. Maybe it's not possible but I'm stumped and any answers would be helpful.

Client : Utorrent

I have a seedbox and I downloaded a file off a public tracker in both my PC AND my Seedbox

I renamed the file in PC and uploaded it to a private tracker. Everything went perfect. But as I don't have a good upload speed, I wanted the same file to be uploaded to the private tracker via seedbox.

So I put the torrent I had made on my PC in my seedbox folder , and renamed the file in the seedbox as well to the same name as torrent file. Then I did a force recheck. But it doesn't work !

The file didn't seed at all...

The reason why I downloaded on the seedbox in first place was that I don't wanna upload 10gb of file through my useless upload speed into seedbox.

Do I really have to do it this way ?

I was under the impression If I have the file in the seedbox , just moving my PC created torrent into seedbox and performing a simple force recheck would allow it start seeding.

Thanks for any replies. : )

What is the client interface on your seedbox?

Follow this guide for creating a torrent using your seedbox : seedbox.me - ruTorrent Create Torrent Guide
    sigpic

Comment

The torrent you created in utorrent was uploaded to the private tracker and works correctly? From what you describe, you should be able to seed from your seedback using this torrent. Try downloading the torrent from the private site to your seedbox client and then check what the status of the torrent is in the "general" tab. Of course, make sure you are downloading to the correct directory and that the directory/file names are exactly the same as the torrent's.

Comment

Originally posted by Desilegends View Post
        What is the client interface on your seedbox?

Follow this guide for creating a torrent using your seedbox : seedbox.me - ruTorrent Create Torrent Guide
        I am using Utorrent so I don't think I can create torrents from there....

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Originally posted by 500Watts View Post
        The torrent you created in utorrent was uploaded to the private tracker and works correctly? From what you describe, you should be able to seed from your seedback using this torrent. Try downloading the torrent from the private site to your seedbox client and then check what the status of the torrent is in the "general" tab. Of course, make sure you are downloading to the correct directory and that the directory/file names are exactly the same as the torrent's.
        I downloaded the file again from public tracker....

I had to rename the file.. The funny thing is ... while my file has AAC at the end it's still an Mkv file on my pc

On my seedbox it changes into AAC file...

Is that the problem ?

I tried adding Mkv to the end but it still wants to download

If I try force re-check it doesn't start and stops at 0.0 percent

No matter what I do .. It wants to download the file : (

Comment

If you downloaded the same torrent to your seedbox and to your PC, I don't understand how the file types or file names are different.

Basically, what is on your seedbox will need to be *exactly* the same as what you are seeding on your PC. This means they are the same files with the same filenames and in a directory that is named the same.

Comment

Originally posted by 500Watts View Post
            If you downloaded the same torrent to your seedbox and to your PC, I don't understand how the file types or file names are different.

Basically, what is on your seedbox will need to be *exactly* the same as what you are seeding on your PC. This means they are the same files with the same filenames and in a directory that is named the same.
            No this is what happened.

I downloaded the exact same file on my pc and seedbox. That was ok.

The tracker which I wanna upload to , wants the files in a specific name format. So I change the name of the PC file and make a new torrent for it and then I add that torrent to the private tracker.
            I can seed from pc fine

I change the name on the seedbox for the file ( exact same name as on PC and private tracker).. and add the torrent file from the private tracker and ask it to re-check and seed.
            But it doesn't recheck.

Now this is the problem.

I want it to seed from seedbox too !

Did you get me now ?

Comment

Originally posted by lifeinabucket View Post
              No this is what happened.

I downloaded the exact same file on my pc and seedbox. That was ok.

The tracker which I wanna upload to , wants the files in a specific name format. So I change the name of the PC file and make a new torrent for it and then I add that torrent to the private tracker.
              I can seed from pc fine

I change the name on the seedbox for the file ( exact same name as on PC and private tracker).. and add the torrent file from the private tracker and ask it to re-check and seed.
              But it doesn't recheck.

Now this is the problem.

I want it to seed from seedbox too !

Did you get me now ?
              Yes, I understand now. Well, all I can say is that the directory name and/or filenames must not match exactly. Other than that, there is nothing else I can think of that would be causing the problem.

Of course, make sure that the torrent you download from the tracker is pointing to the right place on your seedbox if you have moved the files into some sort of directory structure.

Comment

All right this is even more weird....

Now I have a torrent that I made on my pc ... and it is present in F:/Eurasia . I Have configured my torrent file to check F:/ Eurasia and it seeds fine..

The file in seedbox is present in Z: home/user/dedi/downlods/eurasia

By default all downloads go to Z:home/user/dedi/downloads

I changed it to eurasia.. I still can't seed it ! i Must be doing something wrong : (

Comment

Okay, lets start from scratch:

1. Download the file from public tracker to seedbox and pc.
                  2. After finished, remove the public tracker torrent from both seedbox and pc. (let the content remain on server and pc.)
                  3. Change filename on seedbox and pc.
                  4. Create torrent on pc. Add the tracker url and anything else needed.
                  5. Upload torrent to seedbox.
                  6. Start torrent and make sure the program is scanning the directory were the file is.You can use "force re-check".

This should make everything work.
                  Last edited by ESM; September 13, 2013, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X