Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any resellers offering the new KS-16G?

Since OVH changed their plans, it seems they've changed their policies, too: OVH.ie no longer deals (at least the Kimsufis) to non-EU customers. Maybe I'm late getting the memo on this one. Oh well...

So, the new KS-16G is exactly what I want. Great features, great price, no-nonsense. I'm looking for a reseller to provide one of these in exactly the same way OVH would, which primarily means I will not pay extra for software support. I'm willing to pay a markup, however, since you do need to make a profit from me. Just give me the box, bare as it would come from OVH (unless you feel like pre-loading it for free; that would be nice) and let me do the rest.

I understand the fine print on these boxes states they're not for resale. I don't know if that means they just plain aren't, or if resellers have to jump through a few more hoops or lease in bulk.

If one of these servers is not available for resale, I'd like to find a dedicated server that is nearly identical in the following regards:

-2TB of storage, preferably as 2 1TB disks or 4 500GB disks in RAID 0, but not required. As long as it's a dedicated disk I'll live. I can go as low as 1.5TB, but that's it.
    -Better-than-Atom processor. i3 or better, preferably. I do processing tasks from time to time and need more power than a simple seedbox provides.
    -RAM doesn't seem to matter to me. Even with 300 active torrents I couldn't even eat up 1GB. Maybe my current provider is doing it wrong.
    -Unlimited traffic. I'm currently doing 6-11TB a month on an extremely congested VPS.
    -100Mbps, unless more speed is included for the same price.
    -Software support is not required, and I will not pay extra for it.
    -Comparable price. I'm open for negotiation, but will not pay an exorbitant markup for you to simply resell a box and be done with me.

I will only write a review if you ask me to. I understand a provider's fear of giving a client a barebones service only to receive a mediocre review afterward.
    Last edited by Izbu; August 3, 2013, 11:38 PM.

PM me or look at my profile to add my Skype.

Comment

Did some reading in another thread here. Looks like things won't be so easy for me... I really don't feel like paying a mint for a dedi, but it seems the whole "you get what you pay for" thing is here to stay in the seedbox world, OVH or no.

Anyway, if anyone knows any dedis that reasonably fit my expectations, link me to a page or toss me a quote. I'll be expanding my budget and browsing through the major providers again in the meantime.
      Last edited by Izbu; August 4, 2013, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Hi mate sent you a pm.....

Comment

if someone could get me some info also that would be amazing :D

Comment

Yeah I sell the 16g. Send me a PM

Comment

i cant send PM's bc of my user class, can you shoot me AIM message at riceeatin2000gt? or email me [MENTION=142262]gmail[/MENTION].com

Comment

You already know that those kimsufi's are not for resale. If I were you, I would avoid taking the risk. Resellers might not get to renew these servers if OVH finds out.

Comment

Apparently, it's impossible to even try to get one right now since OVH is cancelling all orders. If they stay vigilant about not allowing non-EU access to these things the dedi market is going to get mighty expensive.

I know OVH has peering issues and blah blah, but at least it's there, y'know? ..or was. At least it was an option. Now the cheapest dedis you can get are either all sold out, having network issues, or insanely overpriced for the garbage hardware they run on or bandwidth / traffic allowances they're leashed with.

So, here come the VPSs, I hope. There's a few companies out there that do them right, at least. A few.
                  Last edited by Izbu; August 6, 2013, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Izbu View Post
                    Apparently, it's impossible to even try to get one right now since OVH is cancelling all orders. If they stay vigilant about not allowing non-EU access to these things the dedi market is going to get mighty expensive.

I know OVH has peering issues and blah blah, but at least it's there, y'know? ..or was. At least it was an option. Now the cheapest dedis you can get are either all sold out, having network issues, or insanely overpriced for the garbage hardware they run on or bandwidth / traffic allowances they're leashed with.

So, here come the VPSs, I hope. There's a few companies out there that do them right, at least. A few.
                    Nothing will change. Those big seedbox resellers had either been kicked out from OVH's network and have migrated elsewhere. Existing OVH customers remain unchanged as it does not affect them anyway (renewal of older models are still possible).

The only thing's changed, greedy resellers no longer get to resell these cheap servers.

Comment

Originally posted by Seeyabye View Post
                      Nothing will change. Those big seedbox resellers had either been kicked out from OVH's network and have migrated elsewhere. Existing OVH customers remain unchanged as it does not affect them anyway (renewal of older models are still possible).

The only thing's changed, greedy resellers no longer get to resell these cheap servers.
                      that is all.correct
                      (at least for now)

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

New Rules :

it only relates to new KS Plans:

*: Availability subject to validation of your order and within the limits of available stocks.
                      Usage: Personal Server. Not authorized for resale.
                      Available only for residents of the European Union.
                      **: Limit number of servers per physical or legal person.
                      ***: To treat an incident, OVH make a diagnosis. If the diagnosis reveals that the incident is the responsibility of OVH, the incident falls within the scope of your warranty service. Otherwise (software problem, for example), the diagnosis, which may be accompanied by a quote, you will be charged 20 €.

They even put better specs now via all KS's
                      also (from a personal
                      experience ) now you can pay with PayPal,again (and not only)

Last Update via Oles

KS 2013 precisions - Forum Kimsufi

recall only via .com

Resellers therefore can not give control only the server to their client for KS 2013

basically.you can resell,but not be greedy nor give the direct access to the servers to the end users.you control all.

"
                      The festival is a bit spoiled because of delays in deliveries due to these behaviors that we have not foreseen. Now that our internal factory running, we can start the mass deliveries. We planned to deliver KS 30000 2013 this year and about 100000 KS 2013 the following year"
                      Last edited by MrG.A; August 6, 2013, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Yep new rules.

New number of server limits per person,

3 for KS2G
                        50 for KS4G
                        100 for KS16G

Comment

Ooooohhhh... I see... I think... So they can't resell them, but they can turn them into shared seedboxes or even VPSs for others' use? Or am I still not fully understanding?

Comment

you guys are all saying the same things in another thread. sorry OP

closed

Comment

Working...
                            X