Correct way to purchase a Seedbox! Help! :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct way to purchase a Seedbox! Help! :D

So guys, I'm just wondering if this one would be the correct way to purchase a seedbox. Here it goes:
    (using Tor)
    1 - Access fake e-mail address
    2 - Create account with fake info @ Seedbox
    3 - Use VISA Gift Card to pay
    4 - Use Tor+VPN to manage torrents
    OR
    Pay with bitcoins instead of VISA GC.
    Any opinions? :D
    I'm new to this, so any help would appreciated.

So who are you running away from j/k :) Use bitcoins. Easier and cheaper. A lot of gift cards may not work if your seedbox provider is located overseas anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by daFixer View Post
      So who are you running away from j/k :) Use bitcoins. Easier and cheaper. A lot of gift cards may not work if your seedbox provider is located overseas anyway.
      Haha, not running away from anybody :P. Nevertheless, here in my country, people don't go to jail for downloading stuff, I think that never been a case like that, so I'm cool, and I give donations monthly to me private tracker via paypal and download tons of shit each month, and my ISP or the government never contacted me for anything :P.
      I'm more concerned of the privacy AFTER the payment, I know that bitcoins is safe to pay, but how about the access after? :D

Comment

Seems like a lot of hassle.

Personally.. Use a throw away email, hell even hot-mail is aint a bad option to use. Use a gift-card type system as long as you dont have to give over any real contact details.
        Signup for you box. Even the email thing you dont really need with most providers. Most let you see your service details and renew from some kind of customer panel, the email is just so they can let you know when your getting close to your renew date, or to contact you about any deals or issues.

Comment

I do it as you suggested. I use bitcoins. I do not use a throw away email because I occasionally need to contact the seedbox provider and I like to know when invoices are due etc.

I use tor/vpn for all access to the email and seedbox.

cheers

Comment

Seems like quite a lengthy process to order a seedbox, ah well, to each his own I suppose.

Comment

is there any reason to be so cautious? I've been through like six seedbox service just to try out their service. i just use paypal and my regular gmail to purchase all of them. Your post and some other similar ones are really making me feel a little bit paranoid.
              Giveaways
              [VIP] [55%] [33%] [10%]

They're all the same -_-

Comment

Maybe not. A lot of it depends on your locale, your level of trust and your paranoia. In all likelihood just using a seedbox is sufficient. However in some locales the seedbox owner could be served with papers and asked to turn over information. If he is unable to identify you at all, it would work in your favor - he can't give information he does not have.

Comment

Originally posted by AnonimoBR View Post
                  Haha, not running away from anybody :P. Nevertheless, here in my country, people don't go to jail for downloading stuff, I think that never been a case like that, so I'm cool, and I give donations monthly to me private tracker via paypal and download tons of shit each month, and my ISP or the government never contacted me for anything :P.
                  I'm more concerned of the privacy AFTER the payment, I know that bitcoins is safe to pay, but how about the access after? :D
                  If you're using paypal on private trackers then you might a well just find a reputable seedbox provider, one that has been in business for awhile and has established procedures for privacy and takedown notices and then use whatever payment method is accepted by the seedbox provider and works with you.

Comment

Working...
                  X