Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What service provides the best uploads for under $100?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What service provides the best uploads for under $100?

I am getting tired of wasting money by trying out services. What company provides the best upload speeds for under $100?

Depending on where you want the service to be (or where you peers are mostly located) ? North America? Europe? Asia?

Comment

You don't get a dedicated 1Gbit seedbox for $100 from a reputable provider, so you have to face tradeoffs.

If you don't need much space you could try Heat5 (oversized plan - $90) by whatbox. They give you "real" 300mbps upload/download - this will provide more consistent speed than seedboxes with shared 1Gbit slots. If you have some power users on the same hardware you will not reach more than 30MB/s with shared 1Gbit seedboxes anyway. ;)

If you go for 1Gbit seedboxes try to get a dedicated hard drive at least, to avoid problems with power users on the same hard drive. Good providers for shared 1GBit seedboxes are seedboxes.cc and xirvik.com (no SSH!). I won't recommend Feral - their web interface is lacking common features and I don't know what kind of admin installs updates on all servers at once... I wouldn't.

Comment

whatbox is a good provider indeed, for that sort of money they'll definitely deliver. you could also try chumranet, or a dedicated server of your own. installing deluge isn't hard, plenty of scripts and people who can help you with that :)

Comment

seedhost.eu has terrific speeds for 1gbps. Ive tried their service and got about 120-130 MB / Sec on most torrents.

Comment

Ok, thats it! We're changing the name of the company, from Chmuranet to Chumranet. Easier to pronounce, easier to spell and aren't we everyone's Chum?

Comment

OP, I have had great experiences with Seedboxes.cc and Chmuranet.com. With Seedboxes.cc (red dragon box), I've seen over 90MB/S and with Chmuranet.com I've seen over 60MB/S consistently. Both have great customer service and will bend over backwards to make sure your experience is great.

Here are the review threads for Seedboxes.CC - http://www.torrent-invites.com/seedb...ter-power.htmland here for Chmuranet.com - http://www.torrent-invites.com/seedb...ranet-com.html. They both have different/unique features that you may find attractive. Do you just want the fastest speed, or are you interested in other features such as plex, subsonic, znc, vnc, etc?
              sigpic

Thanks WhiteLie for the awesome sig and avatar!

Comment

Feeling fairly fabulous for Feral's fantastic fastness.

Comment

Originally posted by Weaselbuddha View Post
                  Ok, thats it! We're changing the name of the company, from Chmuranet to Chumranet. Easier to pronounce, easier to spell and aren't we everyone's Chum?
                  Hahaha sorry bud, after all that I still got it wrong :( I've always thought of it like "chimeranet", ie dragon type thing :D

Comment

No it's just "Cloud-Net" no Dragon or Chum. ;)

Comment

I'd recommend SeedMyBox's VPS'es because of great communication with the admin and nice speeds. I can get at least 50MB/s down/up anytime I do something which is just amazing. :) If this is not enough for you then I don't know what is (for that amount of money).

Comment

Working...
                      X