Advices for an dedicated seedbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advices for an dedicated seedbox

I'm looking to buy an dedicated seedbox but I don't know what to pick.
    I need an dedicated seedbox of 1gbps with high upload speeds in europe and usa also. i also need it to support public trackers.

so far i was thinking to buy one from underleech.org (Gold-20) or from seedhost.net (Premium or Mega plan) but i didn't found any reviews about those plans.
    does anyone have any advices for me?

thank you

It would help if you give a few more details. Like how much space you need, the kind of price range your looking at etc..

Comment

space: 1-2 TB
      price: ~250$

Comment

If you are willing to somewhat limit your usage, say 50Tb a month, we can provide that with 4Tb disk space.
        In a few months we will have more options, hopefully a under 100€ option for 1Gbps unlimited (fair share ~50tb a month)

Comment

may be this link can be useful
          http://www.torrent-invites.com/seedb...-trackers.html
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by devacha View Post
            I have been doing a lot of looking around. Pretty much no one offers full Gbps upload speed with no usage cap and allows public trackers at the same time. At a generous ~ 70 MB/s, you are looking at a monthly usage of ~ 180 TB of data transferred. At full Gbps speed, ~ 120 MB/s, you are looking at 310+ TB of monthly usage. I just had my OVH box cut off, and I was doing 50+ TB per month in upload usage. And that was maxing out at ~20 MB/s.

I have come to the conclusion that the only option to get what we are looking for is to get an unmanaged box, and set it all up yourself. This is kind of the best option really, since you will need a hefty machine to run the gbps pipe at even 3/4 speed when using public trackers. The only issue you will have, is that no one "allows" P2P or torrent traffic in their terms of service. This means that they will turn a blind eye if you pay enough, but start filling that pipe and they may just cut you off. So you run the risk of getting your box cancelled at any moment, essentially.

Most of the services I have found that offer actual full Gbps out to the internet, charge a rough minimum of ~$200 (130 euro) for their cheapest box. For unmetered full Gbps you are looking at double or triple that. Tack on hardware raid and more space/ram so you can reach full Gbps speeds with lots of torrents, and you are looking at 400-700 euros a month ($500-$900).

I also haven't really found anyone who offers services to set up the box for you. They are likely out there, you would just have to find someone you trust. Otherwise you are on your own to set it up.

I plan to try the 1000mbps.com and see how well it seeds, if its full speed, if they yell at me, or anything. Once I finally get it up, and test it out a bit, I will report back.

Comment

I will wait for your review. I was thinking to go with ultraseedbox.com

---------- Post added at 02:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

Originally posted by NuCode View Post
              If you are willing to somewhat limit your usage, say 50Tb a month, we can provide that with 4Tb disk space.
              In a few months we will have more options, hopefully a under 100€ option for 1Gbps unlimited (fair share ~50tb a month)
              Were are your servers located? You are talking about your "32G" plan?

Comment

Originally posted by tz4bu View Post
                I will wait for your review. I was thinking to go with ultraseedbox.com

Were are your servers located? You are talking about your "32G" plan?
                I took a look at ultra, they appear to be sold out of the Gbps boxes.

And pulsed is likely on OVH, since they have the 200Mbps upload cap.

Comment

:( i don't know from where to buy a good dedicated seedbox :(

Comment

I hear you man. If you are willing to get an unmanaged box and set it all up yourself, which isn't too hard to do and there are tons (almost too many) guides and tutorials. And there are a lot more options, only issue really is usually cost and uncertainty.

Comment

is this a better option?

Comment

Originally posted by tz4bu View Post
                        is this a better option?
                        Better is really hard to say. It is really all about your personal level of comfort with the server being in your name. Your own level of comfort in dealing with linux (or paying extra for windows server, which I wouldn't do). Your confidence in your ability to secure the server.

On the flip side, if you are skilled enough or confident in your ability to learn how to do it, linux is really easy and there is a lot of support out there. Also, you won't have a middle man between you and the server company, meaning if you have issues with your box, and can contact them directly. It also means you are on your own for support of your box and making it work. But again, there is a lot of help on the internet, and setting up linux server boxes with a gui and a torrent program of choice is actually really easy. You can practice with virtualbox and some ubuntu or debian distros. That is what I have been doing since my OVH box went down.

So, really, there is no "better" option. The question is are you willing to do the legwork yourself? Have your name and info attached to it? Keep in mind the server hosting companies require real billing info, and they don't take bitcoin or anything even pretending to be anonymous. Naturally, laws crossing national borders are unlikely to cause you problems. Your most likely issue is that you use too much bandwidth and the hosting company cuts you off or demands that you pay more. Just don't get servers in the same country as you live.

Comment

Working...
                        X