• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online.net / OneProvider.com

Reviews:
    DEDIBOX® SC GEN2 | 9.99 Euro - UDP2k

Useful content and Tutorials:
    Activate RPN functionality on an Online server - Tutorial by Zordac
    Instability on Online.net products: SC, SC gen2 and SC Large - Tutorial by Zordac
    [Guide] Online.net Dedibox manual secure seedbox install (rTorrent/ruTorrent) - Tutorial by Flynn89

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

FAQ FOR ONEPROVIDER.COM:

Send anything you know about them to me. payment... etc.
    Why does my account keep getting disabled?
    One of the reasons your account might get disabled for is for using a VPN. Contact their support for confirmation.

Still missing a lot from here. I'll gladly credit you if you send me more about oneprovider.com and useful Question and Answers.

FAQ FOR ONLINE.NET:

Why can't i order the servers from the front page?
    You can order everything as international customer now.

How much bandwidth do i get?
    You are connected to a 1 gigabit switch, but you are guarantied to get what your plan offer (200-, 300-, 400-... megabits).
    So it's possible to get 1 gigabit, but it's shared with others on your switch.
    All plans offer unlimited amount of traffic.

Support takes forever to respond!! Why??!
    Usually it's because you asked in the weekends. It's clearly stated when they are available.
    They also claim to be really occupied nowadays.

How does their payment system work?
    You have might noticed you didn't pay full price the first time, but straight to the point:
    Example: You buy a server for 14,99 euro 10.11.2013, you only have to pay around 12 euro for that month.
    The payment will automatically continue if you don't cancel the server before 20th.
    After 20th it will be renewed for another month, even if you ordered it after 20th.
    To cancel your server, go to Account -> services -> red cross.
    So if you paid after 20th, you will be forced to pay for another full month.
    If you don't have enough money to pay for that month, you won't be able to order anything more before you paid the remaining month. (the server will still work that month even if you haven't pay for it)

Code:
    [B][SIZE=2]Language installed on server is French! What to do?[/SIZE][/B]

[B]Debian and Ubuntu:[/B]
    [CODE]nano /etc/default/locale
    Then change LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8 to
    Code:
    LANG=en_US.UTF-8
    If you use nano, press ctrl+x then o. Remeber to use root/sudo.
    restart server using
    Code:
    sudo shutdown -r now
    ---

Centos:
    To change language in Centos use
    Code:
    nano /etc/sysconfig/i18n
    then change
    Code:
    LANG="fr_FR.UTF-8"
    "SYSFONT="latarcyrheb-sun16"
    to
    Code:
    LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
    SYSFONT="latarcyrheb-sun16"
    If you use nano, press ctrl+x then o. Remeber to use root/sudo.
    restart server using
    Code:
    sudo shutdown -r now
    [/CODE]

(to be updated soon..)

Anything more you need to know? That's why this thread was created. Ask us!

Last edited by ESM; September 19, 2014, 04:42 PM.

I have a slot on one of their dedi's and I have to say, that speeds to main trackers are pretty decent (up to 70MB/s up and 90MB/s down). I've seen 20MB/s upload only to Lithuanian peers on LM.

Comment

I have 2 servers.
      I'm quite satisfied but i find their network too unstable ... Sometime it's very good but other times very crappy !!

I have a Dedibox SC which I'm not using and freshly set-up on Debian.
      If you want make some tests with it (speed test, install, ...), send me PM, I will give you an access :)

Comment

The first question is how can you order something there if you do not speak French :)

Boost your ratio cross seeding scene releases on a seedbox - check my beginner friendly tutorial!

Comment

Since this topic was opened in order for everyone to share views , experiences etc., I would like to know how easy or difficult it is to order from them , provided I don't speak French nor I live in France. Are they, in some way, affliated to OVH or they follow their own route? I , also noticed that on their START series they guarantee bandwidth from 100 to 200 Mbps (Bande passante quarantie = Band pass guaranteed). Am I corrent (or lost in translation?). All views, thoughts, experiences are more than welcome

Comment

Originally posted by viola12 View Post
            The first question is how can you order something there if you do not speak French :)
            Originally posted by instant_diver View Post
            Since this topic was opened in order for everyone to share views , experiences etc., I would like to know how easy or difficult it is to order from them , provided I don't speak French nor I live in France. Are they, in some way, affliated to OVH or they follow their own route? I , also noticed that on their START series they guarantee bandwidth from 100 to 200 Mbps (Bande passante quarantie = Band pass guaranteed). Am I corrent (or lost in translation?). All views, thoughts, experiences are more than welcome
            The ordering page is actually english, if you change it.
            elsewere you use google translate.
            One thing many has been "crying" for, is that you need a french bank account to order from them.
            That is partly wrong, if I'm correct.
            Dedicated server is for everyone, not only the french.
            but I'm a bit unsure for the others.
            OVH and Online are competitors, so i don't think so. (unsure)

Waiting fore more replies :P
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Originally posted by Clinty View Post
            I have 2 servers.
            I'm quite satisfied but i find their network too unstable ... Sometime it's very good but other times very crappy !!

I have a Dedibox SC which I'm not using and freshly set-up on Debian.
            If you want make some tests with it (speed test, install, ...), send me PM, I will give you an access :)
            I will gladly borrow your server to do some tests, if you are able install it as centos 6 :P
            (ps. I'm unable to pm you, turn it on from settings -> general settings)

Comment

You can try this :
              But I don't know what kind of documents are requested for non-french people, even if they can order ...

Originally posted by ESM View Post
              I will gladly borrow your server to do some tests, if you are able install it as centos 6 :P
              (ps. I'm unable to pm you, turn it on from settings -> general settings)
              Fixed !
              No problem for centos 6.

Comment

Google Translate is your best friend. I don't speak French either.

One thing many has been "crying" for, is that you need a french bank account to order from them.
                That is partly wrong, if I'm correct.
                You're right. You can pay with PayPal.

I was just about to order from them several days ago. One thing stopping me is they charge you 60 Euro for setup. Worse, you won't find this info anywhere until you're ready to order. And to be able to order, you have to register first...
                Last edited by papawhiskey; April 23, 2013, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by papawhiskey View Post
                  Google Translate is your best friend. I don't speak French either.

You're right. You can pay with PayPal.

I was just about to order from them several days ago. One thing stopping me is they charge you 60 Euro for setup. Worse, you won't find this info anywhere until you're ready to order. And to be able to order, you have to register first...
                  on every seedbox/server provider you have to register.
                  The downside is that 60 Euro setup.
                  And they still don't have a 1 TB plan, i hope to see it sometime in the future.

Comment

on every seedbox/server provider you have to register.
                    Sure. But I wouldn't have even bother to register if I found that info earlier.

Comment

I have also checkout online.net. For 29.99 EUR you get a dedi with 2x 1 TB HDD and 1 Gbit connection... Pretty good deal but there are all sold out :(

Comment

I wonder why are there no online.net resellers... The company is well known among seedbox users, yet I didn't find a reseller of them. Anybody know why? There must be a reason. The only one I can think of is that they have a set up fee, but resellers would buy the server for a long run, wouldn't they?

Comment

Probably because they're already so cheap. And not to mention, you don't have to jump through hoops to order through them like OVH. Why would anyone pay a premium from a reseller when they could just order it from the source?

Comment

Speedtest

linode.com - 100 mb file - "100mb connection (?)"

[Tokyo, JP] Online.net - Avrage 4.68 MB/s - High 5.38 M/s - 0min22sec | Ovh.fr - Avrage 806 KB/s - High 1.41 M/s - 2min07sec
                            [London, UK] Online.net - Avrage 125 KB/s - High 864 K/s - 13min41sec | Ovh.fr - Avrage 11.0 MB/s - High 11.1 M/s - 0min09sec
                            [Newark, NJ] Online.net - Avrage 132 KB/s - High 263 K/s - 14min18sec | Ovh.fr - Avrage 1.89 MB/s - High 3.41 M/s - 0min53sec
                            [Atlanta, GA] Online.net - Avrage 94.5 KB/s - High 326 K/s - 18min04sec | Ovh.fr - Avrage 6.70 MB/s - High 7.10 M/s - 0min15sec
                            [Dallas, TX] Online.net - Avrage 16.0 MB/s - High 22.7 M/s - 0min08sec | Ovh.fr - Avrage 5.13 MB/s - High 5.45 M/s - 0min20sec
                            [Fremont, CA] Online.net - Avrage 12.7 MB/s - High 18.3 M/s - 0min08sec | Ovh.fr - Avrage 3.48 MB/s - High 3.75 M/s - 0min29sec

That's all i got, for now.
                            Have been so occupied for many days and weeks.
                            I'm not so impressed over the results.
                            I might try an another server after a while.

Thanks for Clinty for making this possible.

Tested with wget.
                            Online.net: Dedibox SC
                            Kimsufi (a.k.a OVH): KS2G

Painfully tested by me...
                            (online.net seems disappointing low.. I might try an another somehow..)

Comment

I got capped on my seedroots dedi so I gave it a try to setup a box myself, thought 9.99 was a good deal to test around a bit (I haven't been charged any setup fee, only VAT). Got decent speeds aswell, I've seen 2-300 mbit so I'm really happy with that. But the problem is that it seems impossible to order another box. Have been looking at the 2x1Tb for 30€. If I try to order it using thte english menus it shows up as out of stock, if I switch to french I can order it until I should confirm my account, then I get this error message "Votre quota de serveur est dépassé, merci de contacter le support."
                              My french is non-existing but google translate (my dear dear friend..) tells me that I can't order more servers. So, can anyone confirm that you can only have one server with them? I've read somewhere else that it was limited to 10 but I've been trying for days now. Otherwise I'll have to get a server from Germany or Holland instead.

Comment

Working...
                              X