Am i too demanding for a seedbox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am i too demanding for a seedbox?

I've been trying out some seedboxes, and am running into problems..

Tried a cheap solution first (10euro, 100mbit) and that box began lagging at around 40 torrents.

So.. I said to myself, I'm probably demanding more resources than i pay for. So, i decided to try a gigabit seedbox which was limited to 7 users. Again, problems started very early on. This time, force rechecks, when having 40+ torrents, caused the box to lag completely. Again, i thought, this was a 25 euro solution, perhaps i'm too demanding for the price.

Anyway, now i'm on a 45euro a month seedbox. Gigabit, with only 4 users on the box. Things went pretty good up untill i had about 60 torrents. Now with 100, the box times out all the time when trying to download a few things simultaniously.

My question, am i too demanding? Is it possible to get a seedbox for 40-50 euro's that can handle 200 torrents with ease? I dont mean 200 that i add at the same time, but just maintaining the previously added torrents, and adding new releases as they come by. I cross seed, so i add similar torrents later, and force recheck em (usually 2 at a time max).

I had the dedicated from seedroots:

Memory:
    2GB RAM

CPU:
    Intel Atom/Celeron

Hard Drive:
    500 GB

Traffic:
    Unlimited**

Speed:
    100Mbps

And with more than 100 torrents it behaved pretty good, fast as always, So I don't know what seems to be the problem with the boxes you buy...

Comment

Well the current box should be a Xeon w3530 2.8ghz, with 24gb ram.

$ free -m gives me:

total used free shared buffers cached
      Mem: 24164 24034 129 0 17 22901
      -/+ buffers/cache: 1116 23047
      Swap: 0 0 0

Comment

Honestly, there is no way I would pay 45 euros for a shared box with up to 4 users. If you are willing to shell out that kind of money, you might as well go direct or get a dedicated box from a reseller. Obviously I am biased and I would go with direct.

Comment

these are the speeds that i get while its under load. (i cannot imagine 100 seeding torrents max out on 1.2mb/sec purely due to lack of receipents.

http://image.torrent-invites.com/images/646laggybox.png

Comment

Provider? Maybe other users are heavy users too, also, why the hash check? You can skip it, I believe it's not necessary. I always do it, and if files are completely the same, there are no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by lasty View Post
              these are the speeds that i get while its under load. (i cannot imagine 100 seeding torrents max out on 1.2mb/sec purely due to lack of receipents.

http://image.torrent-invites.com/images/646laggybox.png

Hi
              and that is via 1gbps line ?

Comment

I dont want to blacklist the provider as of yet, if i'm too demanding, i'm willing to take the blame.

I do the hascheck, cause it is done automatically when adding torrents thru autodl-irssi (duplicate ones), dont think theres a fast resume there? Besides, i would like to ensure its the same before reseeding.

And yes, thats a 1gbit line. When i added the first torrents it was happily downloading at 75mb/sec and uploading with about 15mb/sec (not great but that could be due to the receipients).

Comment

I've had numerous boxes from a few advertisers on here and never had many issues with over 100 torrents. These were on shared boxes costing less than €15.

Comment

For shared gigabit, try seedmybox. Those servers should be able to handle most things (they are very powerful).

Comment

It should not time out. Although i cant speak for rutorernt. on my deluge gig box, i have had 452 torrents at the same time with no lag whatsoever and speeds of new torrents reaching 20mb down and about 15 up and similar with existing torrent uploads.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by piuser View Post
                        For shared gigabit, try seedmybox. Those servers should be able to handle most things (they are very powerful).
                        Okay, just throwing it out there, I'm using seedmybox. diamond plan. So if thats the best of the best then i have no idea what i'm doing wrong.

Comment

Okay, just throwing it out there, I'm using seedmybox. diamond plan. So if thats the best of the best then i have no idea what i'm doing wrong.
                          Seedmybox is a pretty good provider, if it is not to your taste you can spend more and go to chmuranet.com

Comment

i'm being moved to a VPS, gonne try that and see how it goed. One thing thing i cant complain about it the prompt support.

Comment

i'm being moved to a VPS, gonne try that and see how it goed. One thing thing i cant complain about it the prompt support.
                              Best support and best boxes I ever had. Maybe the slot you were on was a little overloaded by other users or bugged in some other way. Their vps'es are great, tried two cheaper plans about a year ago, two more expensive ones should be even better. :)

Comment

Working...
                              X