Seedroots Issue Discussion Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seedroots Issue Discussion Here

Didnt think this thread was created yet but as @r2k said, best to create here rather then continue chatting in Seedbox Review.

I get the error: No connection to rTorrent. So yeah cant even use it let alone download. I am sure everyone has seen the main message on the front page, but I got this reply when I raised a support ticket yesterday:

The provider is having issues and servers are a little slow right now they are working on it.
    i'm so sorry for the trouble, its happening to all the servers not just yours.
    For the time being the servers are so slow that i'm not doing any software installs or dealing with any rutorrnet or timeout issues.
    With users current activity on the servers, and the slowdown, I can barely login to the servers myself to do any work.
    I apologize for the trouble I have heard no updates i'm on the phone with them as we speak.
    I am tempted to reply to see if there has been anymore developments. Before I do has anyone heard anything contrary to the above from the owner? Is there any viable alternative? seedroots was by far one of the better deals I found :(

Thanks for setting this up! Got the exact same response yesterday (copy and paste response I guess) and nothing to my reply I added 8 hours ago.

Comment

same issue here.
      Last edited by Ellron; April 6, 2013, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Not a customer but i would just wait it out if i was. From my understanding this provider has had good reviews so maybe give them some time to sort it out.

Comment

Just noticed this posted by [MENTION=210332]osu[/MENTION]:

The bandwidth is no longer guaranteed when the server or servers are used for the following activities:

• Anonymization service (proxy), CDN service,
          • Storage Platform or file exchange (including but not limited to: cyberlocker),
          • Downloading platform,
          • Service bypassing limitations imposed by downloading platforms (downloaders),
          • Platform for watching online videos,
          • Server(s) used for downloading and sending files on peer to peer networks (including but not limited to: seedbox)
          Doesnt sound good. Wander if any other sellers have been hit like seedroots has??

Comment

Is it seedroots or OVH? Anyone else on OVH servers with this speed bump? I see from the OVH map that Roubaix is half congested right now and half in the green so this might not affect other OVH providers?

Weathermap

Comment

I can still access and download, but down to about 2 mbit - not very good.

I am planning to wait it out for some days before taking any action. Service and support has been excellent so far (except RSS feeds which keeps failing on new sites).

Comment

It's OVH, in IRC people were saying seedroots isn't the only provider having issues with it.
                Thanks extJSDB for VIP!

Comment

There are about 30 companies at least that have been hit. I would wait and see what becomes of it because it people leave then another provider will get hit. Trust seedroots as they are amazing. If you guys are concerned, hop into irc and ask. A lot of us have had issues, its not just seedroots.

Comment

Should this also be affecting my FTP speeds? They're slow as hell right now, and I have a lot that I need to transfer from it.

In other news, this sucks :(

Comment

Originally posted by fluorescent View Post
                      Should this also be affecting my FTP speeds? They're slow as hell right now, and I have a lot that I need to transfer from it.

In other news, this sucks :(
                      Yeah it will. I believe the ftp transfer will be capped at 10mbit as well. :( This is a sad sad weekend.
                      sigpic

Thanks WhiteLie for the awesome sig and avatar!

Comment

Originally posted by fanaticgrack View Post
                        Yeah it will. I believe the ftp transfer will be capped at 10mbit as well. :( This is a sad sad weekend.
                        Is there a timeline as to when they'll have this fixed, or might it be a long process in which they change providers?

Or are all of these questions pointless because you guys know as much as me? :P

Comment

It will affect all data that leaves the server because it's upload.

Comment

Originally posted by fluorescent View Post
                            Is there a timeline as to when they'll have this fixed, or might it be a long process in which they change providers?

Or are all of these questions pointless because you guys know as much as me? :P

All we know is Lardo is working on it :D. He talked a bit about the situation on IRC yesterday. I'm not sure if it can be fixed, or if there is a plan to change providers. Hopefully, we will know early next week!
                            sigpic

Thanks WhiteLie for the awesome sig and avatar!

Comment

I feel some lag even when I'm not using OVH service, I think there's something wrong with whole network, maybe another ddos?

Comment

Working...
                              X