Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OVH Server ~ How to access server under Rescue Mode

Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone here have same similar situation with me. I have OVH server. If your server is put under rescue mode, and the only thing you can login using SSH is "Authentication Method: SSH key (chosen during installation) ", and yes, you doesn't aware of this so you don't create any ssh pre-key to your server, how can I login while I don't have those key? Any possible way to get around this? Don't ask me to reboot in HDD mode and create the ssh key installed.

u shall get via mail the rescue mode details --> user (usually as root)+pass
    access via putty (linux) or via y'r browser (u shall get a link as well)

Comment

Like I said above... There's no password under rescue mode, instead using ssh hey auth. I won't ask this if I have the password for ssh access.

Comment

then contact ovh directly
        why via here..

Comment

Originally posted by MrG.A View Post
          then contact ovh directlywhy via here..
          I do. But they not respond yet my email. Why you said like that, sir? This is free forum for asking and discussion, you sound like rude to me. If you don't know, then you can ignore my thread. Period.

Comment

i apologize if u got me wrong
            i meant via their support u'll get the best answer for it
            basically it's weekend so their response time shall be slower

Comment

Okay, no offense taken. It's already day 2 I waiting their respond. I understand the weekend time, however, I try to looking for the answer through other option I might can. Since here in TI many members have their server with OVH, I am asking this, who knows I am in luck in some else experience same situation with me. If not, then I shall patiently wait for the OVH technician's respond. Its kinda annoy to wait days, but, well... if there's no other way, what can I do.

Comment

At last, now I know how to access the OVH box without a password under Rescue Mode.
                You can use PuTTy to create your public key then go to your OVH panel, on your server status there's key management for your servers.
                Just copy your keyt there and reboot your server to take effect the new key, and voila.
                Case closed.

Comment

Working...
                X