This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uploading Torrents: Force Recheck or Fast Resume Question

I'm sure this is an unbelievably noob question, but I couldn't find the answer to it anywhere I looked so I figured I'd ask it here. I am an uploader at many private trackers (IPT, TL, etc.) and always hate how when I upload a 200gb+ torrent it takes forever to fore-recheck it before I start seeding. My current procedure for uploading a torrent is (on a seedbox running rutorrent):
    1. Download the .torrent file from the site (you just uploaded it)
    2. Open the "add torrent" diologue box and tell it to not add the torrent's name to path and don't start the download automatically
    3. Then I tell it to download the torrent to the folder where the files are located
    4. Then I push add file
    5. Then I have to force-recheck the entire 200+ gb (takes hours, even on sata III)
    6. By the time it is done force-rechecking, I've got 80+ leechers who are all mad because there is no seeder yet (because I have been force-rechecking it the whole time).

My question: is there some way to "fast-resume" it? Basically, is there some way that will make it so I can upload the torrent immediately or almost immediately without having to force-recheck it?

Thanks so much.

"mktor -H" creates TWO files in one go, one for uploading and one for seeding (i.e. containing fast-resume info). And if you upload the same data to several sites, copy the torrent and use "chtor --reannounce-all" to change the URL, this way the hashes are recycled.

https://code.google.com/p/pyroscope/...mmandLineTools

Comment

When you open the "Add Torrent" box, there's an option "Fast Resume", so you can check it and then add the torrent, it should skip the hash check (well, I've had problems with it with a few providers, but most boxes work well with this option). :)

Comment

Nojus, which boxes would I have to check in that case? Would I still click the checkbox that says "do not start the download automatically"?

Comment

At least this is how it works for me. :)

Comment

@ Nojus: Cool thanks, I will try that. However, would I not have to select the directory to download to and tell it to not add the torrent's name to path as well (that way it actually knows what to seed)?

Comment

Originally posted by piuser View Post
              @ Nojus: Cool thanks, I will try that. However, would I not have to select the directory to download to and tell it to not add the torrent's name to path as well (that way it actually knows what to seed)?
              Well, for me it always works without selecting folders, because rtorrent matches folder name itself, but if it won't work that way, then you could try selecting a directory. :)

Comment

Ok thanks will do. I would give you a rep point but I already did and I can't do it twice only a couple days apart :)

Comment

Originally posted by piuser View Post
                  Ok thanks will do. I would give you a rep point but I already did and I can't do it twice only a couple days apart :)
                  Oh, no problem, I am not here to gain reps, get vip's or something like that, It's my pleasure to help people and that's why I am here in the first place. I am also an uploader in LM and I am an uploader because I like sharing the stuff that I like with people that like it too, but don't have time to search it or don't have access to trackers where I have access. :) Anyway, If it works, you should lock this thread. :)

Comment

I will. The next time I have something to upload will be in 3 days so I will test it then. I will leave it unlocked until then in case someone comes up with another suggestion.

Comment

Fast resume will indeed work.

As long as the data isn't different there won't be a need to hash check again.

Comment

Verified. Thanks. Thread closed.

Comment

Working...
                        X