Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payment Method Preference

Hello!
    What methods do you all use for your seedbox? Do you use standard paypal payment with your information or do you use something more anonymous like bitcoins?

My personal preference for payment type is Carrier Pigeon.

Comment

They are so expensive to feed and clean up after!

Comment

That's the payee's problem ;)

Comment

I prefer Bitcoin. I don't know any other anonyous payment methods. I tried to gain a anonymous prepaid credit card which is able to be charged via PaySafeCard but I failed due they either want confirmation of my personal data which in fact is fake or they don't accept PaySafeCard.

Comment

I just use paypal.
            sigpic
            A proud Torrent-Invite Introduction Crew.
            If you need help with anything, just send me a pm,

Comment

I also use paypal. I am not truly afraid of copyright infringement because I mostly use Lithuanian trackers, and Lithuanian copyright associated acts are mostly interested in Lithuanian stuff which I don't download/upload. :)

Comment

I registered on my seedbox with fake info and anonymous email address, also obtained with false info. Paid with PayPal that uses my real email address. I'm probably kidding myself that the payee won't see it and record it somewhere, but figuring out the whole bitcoin thing seemed like just too much work. I'm in Canada so the worst thing that could happen to me is a $1,500 fine.

Comment

Originally posted by foxywoxy View Post
                  I registered on my seedbox with fake info and anonymous email address, also obtained with false info. Paid with PayPal that uses my real email address. I'm probably kidding myself that the payee won't see it and record it somewhere, but figuring out the whole bitcoin thing seemed like just too much work. I'm in Canada so the worst thing that could happen to me is a $1,500 fine.
                  I had the same thoughts like you but it actually is simple as hell. A Bitcoin has a currency, let's say 20$. If you want to pay 30$ you would need 1,5 Bitcoins + fee. The Bitcoins are sold by individuals private people who do not care about any information of you. Usually bank transfer is being used to buy them. In usual your account has a depot containing a number which is used to identify it. Might look like 1L4PBbomyXqe3uLKpvfPFTCaFRAzPebXXX. Get that code from the guy you wanna pay and done.

To simplify, it's like recharging your phone with a code.

Comment

I'm currently paying by paypal but looking for an alternative.
                    We buy things we don't need, with money we don't have, to impress people we don't like.

Comment

well there is a way of creating a "bitcoin wallet" via TOR (onion) so that "wallet" will be anonymous and super hard to be tracked (not worth the hussle anless you are doing some anti-gouvernment shit or somethin) then simply buy bitcoins to your regular wallet and send it to the anonymous one, then from the anonymous one to the final destination. Are you SUPER paranoid? Then have 2 anonymous wallets, send your bitcoin from the regular wallet to the 1st anonymous wallet then login to the anonymous wallet via vpn and send the money to the second anonymous wallet, then pay to final destination. . .
                      use your smartphone and macdonalds wireless internet or any other public internet OR internet cafe ^^

Comment

paypal is good

Comment

I personally prefer the sub rosa E-Bay method.

The SB vendor lists some outrageous item on EBay, like say a left handed engine wrench for a F-4 Phantom fuel line for like 2000USD, the the seedbox purchaser buys the item, offering to pay a lesser amount through paypal, the exact amount of the seedbox....

Or the straw bank account approach:

Or you pay a passing through foreign national to open a bank account for you, gives you the ATM card, and bank details. Once established, and the vacationing Russian/Brazilian/Nigerian has returned home - you then use that bank account to open an Paypal account, paying for your seedbox.

Or the ..... I could go on, but that would be telling
                          Last edited by Chmuranet; March 11, 2013, 07:41 AM.

Comment

I lean towards Paypal and Bitcoins myself. I love your creativity weasel! Also, I did not think about using the TOR network for bitcoins Hydarnes, pretty good!

Comment

Same as Serenity. I have been using PayPal, but am leaning towards bitcoins after learning a bit more. There is a way that you can transfer money "anonymously" through a cash deposit at stores like CVS and Walgreens (anywhere with a MoneyGram telephone). Of course its not completely anonymous because they have cameras in the stores, but better than paypal if you are the paranoid type.
                              sigpic

Thanks WhiteLie for the awesome sig and avatar!

Comment

Working...
                              X