This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CU-Torrent "Customer Service"

I've been with these guys for a few months, speeds not great but bearable, but took WEEKS to set up, I was promised a free upgrade for my patience...that never happened, received downright abusive emails when I tried to chase them up, the final straw came yesterday following a mass email giving customers dire warnings about the dangers of straying over their space allocations.

I suggested a simple email to people that go over their allocation would suffice, and also if they could make it easier to check their remaining/used space it would save a lot of trouble...seemed logical to me....they also went on a rave about upping from public trackers...such as TORRENTLEECH????
    this is their response...

Lets see we are the biggest host on the planet with more servers the all other hosts combined. 25-35 new clients daily and lost 1 client in the past month. Our support is the best out there and we are building a seed cloud that will put the rest out of business. So the other hosts do nothing and donít give a shit about their clients and we bend over backwards for ours. I think its safe to say when a asshole like you comes along we can honestly say we donít need that person as a client. Guess what? You are no longer a paying client, your account is being closed and your last payment refunded.

Ahs nothing to do with disagree your points were stupid and all you did was BASH and thatís against the forum rules. If you had any brains you would've read that the area in your client account is not complete because it uses the central database for Pro Manager, everyone else knows that but you. Also how the fuck could you NOT know how much space your ordered? You're a moron. And thirdly the torrentleech tracker was an honest mistake and I removed it and apologized. So fu*k you asshole.

And I am the owner and I say goodbye because I have it like that. I pay for the fu*kiní servers not you.

Gary

So there we have a fine example of CUTorrent's amazing customer service, it seems "Gary" forgets he does indeed pay for the servers...but it is with OUR money!

This wasn't the end of their tirade either, more emails ranging from abusive like the above to attempts at sarcasm followed and were ignored by me over the next hour or two, its always good to see the sort of people you deal with, apologies for the profanity i've edited the worst of it...i think they should be called "FU-Torrents"

Screens would be nice. Who knows, you could've written this. It's not like I trust your word Mr. 1 post

Regardless, that is terrible customer service; doesn't matter what you're selling.
    Proud founder of the #brothel

Comment

Your wish is my command....

If i get these the right way round...

This is the email that started it, calling anyone who strays over their allocation "an ABUSER" the link goes on about the dire consequences that would follow

That was where I suggested making it easier to see remaining space and simply sending a warning email to reduce usage would suffice....I didn't know how much space i had left...or had been allocated as i had been offered this free upgrade mentioned earlier...
      they responded

Nice eh???

So I pointed out that their GUI supplied little or no information

And finally i got the email from the big man himself "Gary"

Apologies if i got the thumbnails mixed, but you get the picture....no pun intended

Anyway i hope that shows this was nothing i concocted and shows the type of people you will be dealing with at CU-Torrent...or as they are now know by me...FU-Torrent.

Mr 1 Post? Yeah ok, point taken, but i'm not here to bash or make stuff up, simply to post my experience with this firm.
      Last edited by Norbert; March 3, 2013, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Stay classy Gary. Man alive CUtorrent sure gets my vote for "Den of evil and villany." how does anyone expect to talk to a customer like this and expect to stay in business?
        And last but not least here is a link to my favorite nUb tut: http://www.torrent-invites.com/showthread.php?t=237584

Comment

Originally posted by tooms View Post
          Stay classy Gary. Man alive CUtorrent sure gets my vote for "Den of evil and villany." how does anyone expect to talk to a customer like this and expect to stay in business?

Yes it is a whole new take on customer service, but then again as he says..."We are the biggest on the planet!" so my few bucks a month clearly mean little to such a huge outfit

Comment

The world is a weird wonderland, amusement comes from the oddest places....

Comment

Norbert, I am not defending cutorrent and I don't know what's their service like, but I just wanted to point out, that you didn't put screenshots of your sent emails, so we don't actually know how and what you wrote to him.

Anyway, in my opinion it's their own fault that they don't limit how much space user can use (like other providers, who put actual limits for what is paid): I am currently using DTSLeech and when I see torrent details it says: "Free Disk Space: 131.71 GB: yet I can only use 225gb from which I am already using 95% and I couldn't use more than 225gb even if there was 1TB of free space in the hdd.

Comment

Even if you can afford to fire your customers--and many businesses can--it's not good to fire them in that way. A person who's had a bad experience will tell more people about it than a person who had a good one, but that's no reason to make a bad story look even worse.

Either Gary's a real hothead or you really got under his skin. Since we don't see your side of the conversation there's no tellin which. :p

Comment

Originally posted by Nojus View Post
                  Norbert, I am not defending cutorrent and I don't know what's their service like, but I just wanted to point out, that you didn't put screenshots of your sent emails, so we don't actually know how and what you wrote to him.
                  I strongly do NOT agree. Customers who pay good money for a service get a pass for being a dicks. Service providers who are being paid someone's good money NEVER get a pass for being a dicks. Seriously, he's claiming to be making a play to corner the seedbox market and he comes after a problem customer with that? Oh the hubris.

To Gary: Get some business sense. Are you not aware of how the internet works? If you're a dick and you treat your customers dickishly it WILL come back to bite you on the ass.

To everyone else: It's your obligation as a good internet citizen to warn other seedbox users to steer clear of cutorrent.
                  "I have called this principle, by which each slight variation, if useful, is preserved, by the term of Natural Selection."
                  - Charles Darwin

Comment

Originally posted by s2cuts View Post
                    Customers who pay good money for a service get a pass for being a dicks.
                    Disagreed.

Customers do not get a pass for being dicks either. While Gary apparently acted like an arrogant prick in one email, we do not know the rest of the story, notably what form Norbert's prior communications with cutorrent took, and Gary had every right to terminate their relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by amachan View Post
                      Disagreed.

Customers do not get a pass for being dicks either. While Gary apparently acted like an arrogant prick in one email, we do not know the rest of the story, notably what form Norbert's prior communications with cutorrent took, and Gary had every right to terminate their relationship.
                      I could not disagree more. The customer's actions are totally irrelevant. If you have a problem customer, what ever the problem, you always have the option to terminate the contract. Gracefully. To be so petty and mean, and not take the high road (after all you're a business man) is a sign of some serious issues. The mistake was 100% Gary's.

If you ever decide to start a business, the only advise I would give you is not to ever do something that can be construed by you current client base and future client base as being dickish. Sound advise if I do say so myself.
                      "I have called this principle, by which each slight variation, if useful, is preserved, by the term of Natural Selection."
                      - Charles Darwin

Comment

Originally posted by s2cuts View Post
                        I could not disagree more. The customer's actions are totally irrelevant. If you have a problem customer, what ever the problem, you always have the option to terminate the contract. Gracefully. To be so petty and mean, and not take the high road (after all you're a business man) is a sign of some serious issues. The mistake was 100% Gary's.

If you ever decide to start a business, the only advise I would give you is not to ever do something that can be construed by you current client base and future client base as being dickish. Sound advise if I do say so myself.
                        I never said Gary didn't do anything wrong. I was disagreeing with the notion that customers should "get a pass" for being assholes.

Comment

Originally posted by Nojus View Post

Anyway, in my opinion it's their own fault that they don't limit how much space user can use (like other providers, who put actual limits for what is paid): I am currently using DTSLeech and when I see torrent details it says: "Free Disk Space: 131.71 GB: yet I can only use 225gb from which I am already using 95% and I couldn't use more than 225gb even if there was 1TB of free space in the hdd.
                          Yep I'm sorry i only got chance to screengrab a few shots, I have to say the closest i cam to swearing at them was to call them "childish pillocks"....in fact to quote myself...

You really are some childish pillocks...lets ban anyone who disagrees with us eh???

Good luck with your attacking the paying customer business model...i suspect it will be short lived

So I can walk away from a lousy company with my head held high, in fact I didn't resort to profanity of any sort other than the above, if they answered customer queries half as fast as they hurled abuse they'd be a darn sight better firm hi hi

Nojus, thanks for the heads up re DTSLeech, I am just giving their servers a 1 week test as I type this, same GUI as FU-torrent but as you say they have clearly tweaked it to show, plainly, your usage.

As to the other side of the thread/conversation, perhaps "Gary" will come on here and post it?
                          At least it will clearly show there was no abuse or foul language on my part......but I doubt he will, he'll be hoping it'll just blow over and he can continue making money from his customers and abusing them while he spends their cash.

Comment

Originally posted by amachan View Post
                            I never said Gary didn't do anything wrong. I was disagreeing with the notion that customers should "get a pass" for being assholes.
                            Well, if you're a good business man, you would give your asshole customers a pass. Remember, they're putting money in your pocket.

At least we agree that "Hot Head" Gary screwed the pooch here. What a frail little pathetic ego he has.
                            - Charles Darwin

Comment

As s2cuts says, it's "assholes" like me that put money in Gary's and all the employees pockets at FU-Torrent.
                              I deal with the public in all it's forms and glories and have come up against some amazingly abusive and belligerent types, but have never resorted to hurling abuse at them.
                              I think some people just imagine they ...and they're companies are great, terrific and almost perfect, and when someone comes along and reminds them they still have a ways to go well ...they simply can't handle it, in their mind they are perfect and nothing anyone says will change that, and anyone who tries will be abused and their account closed, cos the last thing they want is someone who picks them up on their (many) failings...

Comment

Working...
                              X