• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10gbit seedbox

i know:
    seed.st
    seedboxes.cc
    cutorrent.com

is there any other seedbox providers out there that offers 10gbit seedboxes?
    ive tested both seed.st and cutorrents, but the speed was not that fast got better speeds from shared gbit box.

feralhosting
    seedhost.eu

Comment

feralhosting has 20gbps, im been dying to speed test it lol

Comment

When your thinking of getting anyhting other than a dedicated 100 Mbps server the real question is how many people are sharing that pipe or hard disk. A place may say 1 gbit line but they may overcrowd the server and you'll get slower speeds than what a dedicated 100Mbps box can do. Same goes for 10gbit but also equally is how many people are on your disk, if you have 4+ people trying to download something your going to reach the limit of the mechanical disk very fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockem4x4 View Post
          Same goes for 10gbit but also equally is how many people are on your disk, if you have 4+ people trying to download something your going to reach the limit of the mechanical disk very fast.
          Hmm, is that why I have seen companies state that they never put more than 5 on a hard drive?

Here's one that comes to mind:

How many users per server?
          What really matters is how many users we put per hard disk. Although it depends on the plans, we never put more than 5 users per hard disk.

Comment

Originally posted by seedboxluver View Post
            Hmm, is that why I have seen companies state that they never put more than 5 on a hard drive?

Here's one that comes to mind:

How many users per server?
            What really matters is how many users we put per hard disk. Although it depends on the plans, we never put more than 5 users per hard disk.
            yea exactly. In my opinion id say its more of a balanced split between users per disk and how many are using the connection. A disk can get overwhelmed pretty easy depending on how much the users are dling( you'll see more I/O usage when downloading). I know the provider your talking about(seedboxes.cc) ive got a red dragon seedbox with them and its really good, ive only got 1 other person my disk. When picking a provider unless ur gonna have a dedicated server its really something you just need to test out different providers to see how much they load the disks up/connection.

Heres another thing to think about im sure some providers do, when your running a server there are ways to make users(us/clients) when logged into a server have it appear like you have your own disk/dedicated ram and so forth. Think of it like gmail, they offer you 10+GB of free storage. They cant possibly have all that disk space for everyone to suddenly have 10GB filled, theres some guy in a data center adding disks into a rack as they need more space.

Comment

speed also depends on the hard disk it self

only SSD can handle 1 GBIT + speeds

sata disks can't handle the speed , get bottlenecked and that's usually why 10 gbit boxes aren't as fast as they should be

Comment

Originally posted by Stalin View Post

hm, i wonder is that is an acceptable general statement...what about sata3 hdds or sas hdds? what about hybrid-drives?
                How to become a Power User on specific trackers

Comment

speed also depends on the hard disk it self

sata disks can't handle the speed , get bottlenecked and that's usually why 10 gbit boxes aren't as fast as they should be
                  I heard this also. With a fast connection, it won't be able to write to disk as quick as you're receiving, so it''s kind of pointless to get faster than 1Gbit line unless SSD.

Comment

Originally posted by robert de niro View Post
                    I heard this also. With a fast connection, it won't be able to write to disk as quick as you're receiving, so it''s kind of pointless to get faster than 1Gbit line unless SSD.
                    maybe it works out better if you're on a 10G line and they have 40 people on that line and they can have 20 1 terabyte hard drives. would that not be a really good combination? I also wish I could just buy my own SSD however big I want it and mail it to the server company and have them hook it up to my server for no monthly charge or a small set up fee
                    Last edited by seedboxluver; January 17, 2013, 11:33 AM.

Comment

maybe it works out better if you're on a 10G line and they have 40 people on that line and they can have 20 1 terabyte hard drives. would that not be a really good combination? I also wish I could just buy my own SSD however big I want it and mail it to the server company and have them hook it up to my server for no monthly charge or a small set up fee
                      That is exactly it, the balance of people vs how much bandiwth you have is everything. if you paid for a dedi 100Mbps plan then went to a overcrowded provider on a "1gbit" plan you would prob see better speeds on the dedicated line. All its going to take is more than 10 people on a 1gbit pipe using it at the same time to null the benefits of that 1gbit connection. Real world speeds of a gbit line a regular mechanical hard drive can keep up with just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockem4x4 View Post
                        That is exactly it, the balance of people vs how much bandiwth you have is everything. if you paid for a dedi 100Mbps plan then went to a overcrowded provider on a "1gbit" plan you would prob see better speeds on the dedicated line. All its going to take is more than 10 people on a 1gbit pipe using it at the same time to null the benefits of that 1gbit connection. Real world speeds of a gbit line a regular mechanical hard drive can keep up with just fine.
                        Yup, thanks for the info. You need to finish your intro and get to 10 percent so we can rep you for your contribution

Comment

Yup, thanks for the info. You need to finish your intro and get to 10 percent so we can rep you for your contribution
                          lol yea i should probaly do that. I made a introduction post but i remember seeing now you need to submit a form instead of making an intro post.

Comment

Originally posted by rackzone View Post
                            hm, i wonder is that is an acceptable general statement...what about sata3 hdds or sas hdds? what about hybrid-drives?
                            sata3 isn't fast enough
                            sas - well it would work better than sata but still won't be able use the 10gb full speed , same for hybrid-drives

a good raid of SAS or hybrid drives could be enough
                            but at that point it would be more expensive than SSD

a fantasy server would be 10gb with SSD raid

Comment

sata3 isn't fast enough
                              sas - well it would work better than sata but still won't be able use the 10gb full speed , same for hybrid-drives

a good raid of SAS or hybrid drives could be enough
                              but at that point it would be more expensive than SSD

a fantasy server would be 10gb with SSD raid
                              but u are mixing your statements 10gb with gigabit. i would agree on 10gb, but not on 1-gigabit performance there.
                              How to become a Power User on specific trackers

Comment

Working...
                              X