Secureboxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secureboxes

Anyone tried SecureBoxes It looks incredibly cheap, but I'm a bit sceptical, as I can't seem to find any reviews of the site. Anyone tried it before, or got something good/bad to say about it?

Yes!

Originally posted by Antipode View Post
    Anyone tried SecureBoxes It looks incredibly cheap, but I'm a bit sceptical, as I can't seem to find any reviews of the site. Anyone tried it before, or got something good/bad to say about it?
    Simply put, I think they're pretty badass, I get great speeds and haven't ever had a problem in 5months.
    Only downside really is the rutorrent boxes are a bit slow and laggy, but once you use transmission all hell is unleashed :P

Comment

Originally posted by Antipode View Post
      Only thing I would have to caution on this after looking at their site is "No SSL Support" on the lower 3 boxes. If this is referring to SSL on FTP then on those lower three boxes everything you download from the seedbox to your home computer is plain text transmissions that your ISP can see, completely defeating the purpose of the seedbox. If it is SSL on HTTP, then everything you do on the ruTorrent/Transmission GUI is visible to your ISP as well, again completely defeating the purpose of a seedbox. I would say if anything, go for their $25.99 plan if you are going to go with them.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSlider View Post
        Only thing I would have to caution on this after looking at their site is "No SSL Support" on the lower 3 boxes. If this is referring to SSL on FTP then on those lower three boxes everything you download from the seedbox to your home computer is plain text transmissions that your ISP can see, completely defeating the purpose of the seedbox. If it is SSL on HTTP, then everything you do on the ruTorrent/Transmission GUI is visible to your ISP as well, again completely defeating the purpose of a seedbox. I would say if anything, go for their $25.99 plan if you are going to go with them.
        All plans have SSL on both FTP and HTTP, read the product pages. https://www.secureboxes.net/seedboxes/

Comment

Originally posted by Sbx View Post
          All plans have SSL on both FTP and HTTP, read the product pages. https://www.secureboxes.net/seedboxes/
          Thanks for the update. At the time of my posting the lower three packages were advertised as No SSL.

Comment

Originally posted by Sbx View Post
            yes somebody just update the page but before it said no SSL, you can check it here: SecureBoxes

Comment

Have been using these guys for a short while. They are pretty new on the scene so the site is still being developed, which can be good as well as bad. Overall:
              Pros
              - they offer a great cheap package, 50Gb space and unlimited bandwidth etc.
              - I have tested and can confirm SSL on cheapest FTP package too
              - support seems enthusiastic enough and you can expect a reply within a few hours depending on the time of day
              - they are continually upgrading stuff so hopefully things should only improve
              - choice of 2 bit torrent clients
              - instant setup
              Cons
              - some of the servers are pretty slow (for browser response times), particularly if you try and do too much at once (a downside of unlimited torrents I guess...) - but they are upgrading the servers and the actual torrent download rates are fine.
              - i am using transmission but they also offer rutorrent - not sure if this would make much difference though.
              - support is pretty much one guy, so all great when he's around but a bit intermittent at others.

I am on the cheapest package, which is all in all is very reasonable with a good bit of space, and it does all you need a seedbox to do at a basic level. The only issue is just that you have to put up with a slightly laggy interface, but hopefully they'll sort this out soon. Maybe upgraded packages are better, but the basic package is perfect for me and my relatively limited needs.

Comment

the speed ius good and at me, home, theoer page are vrey very slow, if the srevers is saame withe the prseentation page..thier are not good.

Comment

I have the bronze package and I am very impressed with the service. I think the highest transfer rate I have seen is 50mb. I am happy with the speeds, the price and the support, they are very helpful.

Comment

I'm really skeptical about this one.. If you search 'secureboxes' on google, the first 1000 results are torrents on TPB uploaded by secureboxes.net. Who can offer a 1Gbps/Unlimited seedbox for $5.34/m?? Can anyone throw some light? They don't even tell where their servers are located..

Comment

They have servers in different countries. As far as I know they're not advertising their services because they're in the process of revamping their site. My experience with them has been nothing less than stellar nevertheless

( I'm seeing you around a lot Nay )

Comment

Haha. Yup I remember you helping me a bit on that other thread about seedroots. I just need a good seedbox asap. I'm going to fail that CHD assessment ;(

Comment

I don't think they want me to advertise for them but SecureBoxes has immediate setup, fastest upload speed for CHD I've seen was 93M and I've seen it sustain 50M speeds. Btw, let's connect on CHD, don't know anyone on that tracker right now, except my inviter lol

Comment

Somewhat off-topic, but CHD only supports rTorrent/Transmission. Secureboxes supplies ruTorrent? What do you use?

Comment

Transmission, it's their recommended client.

Comment

Working...
                              X