This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem setting up seedbox

I purchased a plan from seedstuff.ca but for whatever reason it's not gonna start. Gives me this error in the logger...

[14.09.2012 10:36:31] No connection to rTorrent. Check if it is really running. Check $scgi_port and $scgi_host settings in config.php and scgi_port in rTorrent configuration file.
    [14.09.2012 10:36:32] Error downloading files. Make sure autodl-irssi is started and configured properly (eg. password, port number): Error getting files listing: Error: Could not connect: (111) Connection refused

...and this error in the webui start up box thing...

Directory '/var/run/screen' must have mode 775.
    Command is finished with errors (1)

There's no install with thi (as I'm aware anyway) it's simply in the browser window and i connect to it. I can access through FTP but I can't configure it for proxy. It's all together refusing connections. Does anyone know what may be wrong and/or if there's some way to get around?
    Last edited by PrimalFear; September 14, 2012, 03:33 PM.

Originally posted by PrimalFear View Post

I suspect you may have other problems, but this particular problem is due to permissions. To fix it, from the command line (ssh/vnc), execute the command:

sudo chmod 775 /var/run/screen

( if the directory doesn't exist, create it and then do the chmod: sudo mkdir /var/run/screen )

screen is a command that is used in conjunction with rtorrent, the engine behind rutorrent. When screen was installed the /var/run scratch directory should have been installed for you, hence my inkling you have bigger issues.

Does seedbox.ca not supply technical assistance?
    Last edited by Chmuranet; September 14, 2012, 03:18 PM.

Comment

They do, but it's been a day now and nothing back so I started digging around myself. Everything I turn up is for people that have installed some distro and ruTorrent on it themselves, which I haven't. This computer is running windows so I don't think I can run that line :(

Comment

I'm not seeing anything on their site saying how to restart the box... Is it something I can do or do they have to?

I can restart the webUI, but that's not doing anything but giving me the same errors.

Comment

^ Have they provided you with shell access ?

I had this same problem when I installed ubuntu 10.04 just to try it out. The solution I found was to remove screen and reinstall it back. But you need root access for it. Ask the provider to reinstall screen.Perhaps it might solve your problem.

Comment

idk I'm thinking there isn't any SSH access.

SeedStuff - Premium Seedboxes and ruTorrent Hosting the box I purchased is the one 3'rd from left on top row.

Maybe just got a bad box or something haha idk... I give up for now.

Comment

In that case just contact them on their site, they should fix it ;) Its not a biggie

Comment

His box is a windows box.

--

What is the line from Dr. Strangelove, "What use is a doomsday device, if you don't tell anyone about it?"

What use is a seedbox that won't seed?
                Last edited by Chmuranet; September 14, 2012, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PrimalFear View Post
                  I purchased a plan from seedstuff.ca but for whatever reason it's not gonna start. Gives me this error in the logger...

[14.09.2012 10:36:31] No connection to rTorrent. Check if it is really running. Check $scgi_port and $scgi_host settings in config.php and scgi_port in rTorrent configuration file.
                  [14.09.2012 10:36:32] Error downloading files. Make sure autodl-irssi is started and configured properly (eg. password, port number): Error getting files listing: Error: Could not connect: (111) Connection refused

...and this error in the webui start up box thing...

There's no install with thi (as I'm aware anyway) it's simply in the browser window and i connect to it. I can access through FTP but I can't configure it for proxy. It's all together refusing connections. Does anyone know what may be wrong and/or if there's some way to get around?
                  Hey mate,

I had this error once, your rtorrent needs to be restarted, ask the staff to do it for you.
                  sigpic
                  A proud Torrent-Invite Introduction Crew.
                  If you need help with anything, just send me a pm,

Comment

Originally posted by Weaselbuddha View Post

His box is a windows box.

--

What is the line from Dr. Strangelove, "What use is a doomsday device, if you don't tell anyone about it?"

What use is a seedbox that won't seed?
                    The other, cheaper one would seed just fine. I don't see why, once this one works, it won't do the same...?

Originally posted by TheDarkKnightR View Post
                    Hey mate,

I had this error once, your rtorrent needs to be restarted, ask the staff to do it for you.
                    The staff member I asked here said that they were gonna be out for the next 4-5 days so I guess I wait to see if anyone else is around.

Thanks for the help and everything all ya.

Comment

Working...
                    X