Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's the best seedbox i can get for 40EUR ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's the best seedbox i can get for 40EUR ?

Hello,

My connection with kimsufi is about to end.
    I'm looking for a 1gbit connection with full access (root) prefered dedicated for this amount of money.

anyone?

A Zombie from here: Plans — Seedboxes.cc - Quality and affordable gigabit seedboxes with premium bandwidth

It's a very nice box! :)
    The Seedbox From Scratch Script

I'm not a native english speaker and my writing and (even) understanding of the language is far, far away from fluent, so, if you, native english speaker or not, have enough linguistic proficiency and found something in my words which you are absolutely certain that is a grammar or spell error, please, feel free correct me by PM or even expose it (so people learn from my errors), just don't go (too) off topic and don't make me more unsure than I already am.

Comment

Originally posted by Lefteris View Post
      Agreed =) I have a zombie box and a red dragon box myself simply amazing speed and support, unmatched in my opinion. And why do you want dedicated? i don't think you can get much of a dedicated server for 40 Euro a month.
      The support team can help you with pretty much everything, just yesterday i asked them to install 2 plugins on my seedbox and it was done within the hour=)

sigpic
      Thanks to mylovemylife for signature and avatar!
      My 10% GA | My 55% GA | My VIP GA

Comment

If I'm not wrong 40 euro is definitely not enough to get a 1gbit dedicated box

Comment

Originally posted by Flobie View Post
          The support team can help you with pretty much everything, just yesterday i asked them to install 2 plugins on my seedbox and it was done within the hour=)
          Can I ask wich ones?

Originally posted by torrent1994 View Post
          If I'm not wrong 40 euro is definitely not enough to get a 1gbit dedicated box
          You're wrong. You do that with 34.95. :evil:
          The Seedbox From Scratch Script

I'm not a native english speaker and my writing and (even) understanding of the language is far, far away from fluent, so, if you, native english speaker or not, have enough linguistic proficiency and found something in my words which you are absolutely certain that is a grammar or spell error, please, feel free correct me by PM or even expose it (so people learn from my errors), just don't go (too) off topic and don't make me more unsure than I already am.

Comment

40 euro..... aprox. 50 $ ... you can search the rare kimsufi16G with 1 gbit connection..... and you will have a 1 gbit dedicated :P

Comment

Can I ask wich ones?
              MediaStream plugin
              FileManager plugin

(From your Tutorial) :-D:-D
              sigpic

Comment

Can I ask wich ones?

really?? any link to that?

Comment

i really like their plans.
                  do i get root access in the zoombie plan?

they say i get ssh access, but is it root?
                  think that i'm going to add at least one user to the server so he can use also the seedbox for his trackers... understand ?

Comment

SSH=secure shell.
                    mainly used for secure data communication, remote shell services or command execution via putty and such.
                    most likely u wont get root since its shared box.
                    maybe sudo rights.

Comment

Originally posted by asans View Post
                      i really like their plans.
                      do i get root access in the zoombie plan?

they say i get ssh access, but is it root?
                      think that i'm going to add at least one user to the server so he can use also the seedbox for his trackers... understand ?
                      Hmm, i think you should be carefull when using the same seedbox or dedicated server for 2 different accounts on a tracker (Same IP). But why would you need another user? You can always share a seedbox with some1 else without having 2 user accounts. and you get alot more "Bang for the buck" when you choose seedbox over Dedicated server:)

You could also take a look at : http://seedstuff.ca/dedi.php (some dedicated servers)
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flobie View Post
                        MediaStream plugin
                        FileManager plugin

(From your Tutorial) :-D:-D

What is the line from the flick Broadcast News, "We say it here, it comes out there".

The MediaStream plug-in I think is useful for quick verification of video, but is both codec and feature limited. A better, full blooded solution I think is Subsonic.

On the service question, Chmuranet offers a semi-dedicated highly tuned premium VPS service, 1G (across 8 users) with your own 2TB drive, for about 48 Euros.

Comment

when you rent a seedbox which is shared with another 6-12 people, isn't that same IP ? it is.

Comment

Originally posted by asans View Post
                            when you rent a seedbox which is shared with another 6-12 people, isn't that same IP ? it is.
                            Some providers use one IP for all the users, but this is very bad practice. Reputable providers will provide a dedicated IP for each user. As for the price range, 40 Euro for a dedicated 1Gbps is near impossible unless its a bugged 16G Kimsufi, which even those are sometimes shoddy 1Gbps connections. Best bet is to look at a shared 1Gbps VPS.

Comment

Fine then link to it. I don't think you understand the definition of dedicated, since you will not get a dedicated 1gbit box for less then €109.99 since thats what they start at over at OVH. (unless you get a bugged Kimsufi as has been mentioned.)

Plans — Seedboxes.cc - Quality and affordable gigabit seedboxes with premium bandwidth sells server slots, no dedicated boxes.

"The above plans, are slots on shared servers. They are not VPS or dedicated server plans."

Comment

Working...
                              X