Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for someone who knows how to install the following (in the thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for someone who knows how to install the following (in the thread)

Basically I need someone who knows how to install the following clients,

Rutorrent with lighttpd as a webserver
    utorrent
    wtorrent
    transmissions GUI
    rtorrent

And if I'm forgetting any other clients as well please let me know. Basically I need you to write step by step instructions for them, if you can write bash scripts that's a plus, If I am forgetting any clients please be sure to let me know in this thread (I got deluge done already so please don't mention it) This is a paying job as well, or if you want a seedbox we can work that out to. So yeah if you know and can do this please let me know :)

I think you need add what your chosen OS of Linux you will use. Not every person handle all distro completely. Is that will installed on single server? Weird though for me since it will cross each other if not chose and setting up carefully. I think for some of that, you can find on these forum as your guide line. It's not hard to follow.

Comment

ey Biohost,

Good offer everyone should apply to it..

Thanks...
      Last edited by Enon; January 17, 2012, 07:42 AM.

Comment

I Know how to install rtorrent+rutorrent w/lighttpd and irssi. I have never installed any of the others, but I'm sure I could test it out on my kimsufi server.
        My giveaways:
        10%: TorrentLeech |
        33%: 2xGFT donor |
        Bonuses: BitGamer

Comment

by bash, he means write a shell script that does everything automatically.

Comment

But TS doesn't mention what he will use on the server OS. Not all script will run on every distro, that's why I mention above, at least he mention what the planning to use.

Comment

It's easy to code in a check for OS and stop script if not the right OS, but your right, why code that if you don't know whether its Debian or Redhat base

Comment

DebianInstallFromSource - pyroscope - How to compile and configure rTorrent + PyroScope on Debian. - Python Torrent Tools - Google Project Hosting (for rtorrent)

Installer scripts aren't exactly rocket science, even if some people try to market their super-sikrit setup scripts that way.

Comment

It can be on any linux distro you want...I don't know why there would be such fuss over what OS lol.

Comment

It's more so because different distributions use different package managers. Debian with apt and redhat with yum so it's makes more sense to write the script once you know the OS base. Just my 2 cents on why he is asking which OS.

Comment

yeah sure. no problem. I don't care which distribution it is. You would want to have the latest versions so it doesn't matter what packaging system the distro is using as they probably won't have the latest version there anyway. You'll have to compile them yourself.

Only question is how simple (step-by-step) do you want it and are all of the necessary libraries already installed?

Comment

Originally posted by daydada View Post
                        yeah sure. no problem. I don't care which distribution it is. You would want to have the latest versions so it doesn't matter what packaging system the distro is using as they probably won't have the latest version there anyway. You'll have to compile them yourself.

Only question is how simple (step-by-step) do you want it and are all of the necessary libraries already installed?

Exactly, you'd want to wget what you needed and then compile it from scratch. I'd assume the system he wants to set it up on does not have the libraries installed, because if I were in his shoes, i'd want to run only the startup script and do nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by pcbraniac View Post
                          Exactly, you'd want to wget what you needed and then compile it from scratch. I'd assume the system he wants to set it up on does not have the libraries installed, because if I were in his shoes, i'd want to run only the startup script and do nothing else.
                          Bingo!
                          10char :)

Comment

under new management - any queries/complaints direct them to Biohost the company directly not T-I
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X