X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessing seedbox from 2 places at same time

Hi there,

I am new to TI and new into this VPN and torrent thing. My question might be stupid, I just want to know whether it's possible to access a seedbox from 2 places at the same time ? Lets say I am accessing it from USA, can my brother access the seedbox at the same time from UK ?

Thanks

Yes, you can access your seedbox from multiple places..

Welcome to the community, I suggest you go fill out an introduction http://www.torrent-invites.com/start...tion-form.html
    Last edited by BieberFever; December 10, 2011, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Usually no it's not a good idea to access the same seedbox using multiple accounts, for you and him, on the same tracker.

Comment

and does it get too much of a hassle to handle file space on a semi-dedicated seedbox ? lets say if 230 GB is allotted, will it be difficult to distribute the disk space with other users ? For example 1 or 2 users will get away with too much of space and the rest will have file space issues ?

Comment

Originally posted by DutchRuff View Post
          Usually no it's not a good idea to access the same seedbox using multiple accounts, for you and him, on the same tracker.
          They want to share the seedbox.... not trackers...

I have a dedicated server that I share with friends and we have same accounts on many trackers and we turned out fiiine..

Comment

@Moonstone: yes, sharing a seedbox and using accounts on same tracker can turn out fine. Yet, not always it's allowed so if you're unsure if a tracker allows or scans for it, please contact staff of that tracker to tell them you are using a shared seedbox. I know my 2 trackers use several scripts to scan for same IP's for multiple accounts (especially for home-connections) to filter out duplicate users and such.

Originally posted by msami4 View Post
            and does it get too much of a hassle to handle file space on a semi-dedicated seedbox ? lets say if 230 GB is allotted, will it be difficult to distribute the disk space with other users ? For example 1 or 2 users will get away with too much of space and the rest will have file space issues ?
            Not sure how you mean this. If you have a server all to your own, you can easily create multiple users for you, your brother, your cat and your car and assign appropriate diskspace to each. Nobody will be able to see eachothers files and nobody will fill up the harddrive taking away space from anyone else.

Yet, if you are using a shared seedbox already (like, a provider offered you 300GB of space on a 2TB server), there is no way you can limit disk-usage for both your brother and you. On the other hand, if you are renting a VPS but still sharing the server (get's complicated now) and you have root-access to the VPS, you can actually allot diskspace within the VPS.

Think there are several tutorials, maybe here, maybe elsewhere, for Linux to create users and assign diskspace.

Comment

Yes you can access your seedbox from two different places.

but before using same account in same seedbox dont forget to tell to staff about it and to add staff message in your profile.

If you will do the above step all will turned our to be fine without having any tension about it :)

Comment

Working...
              X