Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Want to have your thread stickied?

Anyone can purchase a sticky thread here.

Simply create a thread and PM me the url.

NOTE: Only Sponsors can advertise in their signatures or have more than one open advertisement thread.
2 of 2 < >

README Rules and Advertising Inquiries

VIP members may ask you for a free 1 week trial.

You must comply within 24 hrs or your threads will be closed.

The box must have:

10 gigs space

50 gigs transfer

1 week duration

At minimum...

Up to two trial boxes can be asked PER THREAD. Consider this payment for opening an advertising thread.

The member must then review your services and post this review to your thread. If s/he does not then report them to a moderator. They similarly have 24 hrs to comply.

If you have paid for a sticky thread this does NOT apply to you. Become a paid sponser to have a sticky thread of your own.

UPDATE TO ABOVE RULES

Anyone is able to post ad advertisement here for free at anytime. Of course there are a few rules and they are as follows:

1. You must provide 2 trials to VIPs in lieu of payment for this advertisement thread. The box must have: 10 gigs space, 50 gigs transfer, 1 week duration,

At minimum...

You have 24 Hours to comply with the above or thread will be Closed

2. A successful trial must be accompanied by a review 24 Hours after completion of trial there will be no tolerance of this rule being overlooked

3. VIPs are allowed 1 trial per Month. All successful trial awarded must be annotated on the thread

4. You are only allowed 1 thread open for 30 Days for free upon after 30 Days you can either renew via providing 2 additional trials to 2 VIPs or buy a sticky

5. There is to be no mundane bumping of threads in this section. You want your thread on top buy a sticky. You are free to post if there was a major shake up with services or whatever you may have in your Company or to answer any questions from a potential customers

6. Links are only allowed in the original post, there is to be no further posting of any external links on your thread or it will be closed. In the same token you are not to post links on your signature of any kind unless you are a Sponsor. Sponsors are not subject to the linking rules of this area

7. There are to be no more giveaways in this area the only trials that are to be given here are the 2 that were allocated for payment of thread. Vendors giveaways would go on Vendor's Trials from hereon out. In the same token non-VIPs are not allowed to post for trials in this area only in the new section. Again Sponsors are free to provide trials if they see fit in both areas
See more
See less

Chmuranet.com: Anonymous VPS Seedboxes [NL], Starting at 25/Month - No Limits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This guy is pretty good, i am planning to sign up with him :)

Comment

Originally posted by macxt View Post
      How exactly does one sign up at $14/week? I can't see any option for that on the website. Unless you're saying we pay the full $60 upfront and can cancel after a week to get $46 back?
      I'm sorry Mac, the offer is suppose to be a funny. Guess it didn't work that way

We only have Monthly, though we do have a liberal refund policy.

Apologies,
      wB

Comment

Originally posted by Shockem4x4 View Post
        I want to say anyone who is looking for a great VPS slot with a very nice connection should try them out. Wb is an excellent support person to deal with. I didnt keep the slot because frankly i thought it was a bit to advanced for me.

This raises an interesting question, we pride ourselves on our flexibility and our technical support. This isn't the first time people have commented, good and bad, about our support being overly technical.

When responding to a ticket, we try to explicate four things:

1. Our best guess to what has or did go wrong.
        2. What actions we took to resolve the problem.
        3. Our degree of confidence that what we did, did fix things.
        4. What can be done to avoid the problem in the future, if possible.

Like a lot of things, we give what we would most want ourselves. This is generally how I dream of have my trouble tickets answered.

In the case of Shock'em, he was having issues with Deluge's speed yoyo-ing - we suggested a change to cache settings, depending on his usage, whether he was primarily downloading or uploading. A small cache with a short expiry period for mostly down traffic or a large cache with a long expiry for mostly uploading. His yoyo-ing was being caused by a large cache and short expiry: the cache flush was pausing speeds to do the disk writing thing.

A technical explanation that hopefully gave him the tools to resolve the problem the best way himself. But somewhat advanced

Now the question is, what do you folks think? Do you want a short, "It is fixed" response, or do you want a long ass explanation of how things work, what was wrong, what was done to fix it?

What would be your preferred mode of ticket handling?

(we do ask for folks tech level at sign-up to guide us a little)

Comment

No one has an opinion on what kind of response to a support ticket they should see?

I am interested in hearing from folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Weaselbuddha View Post

This raises an interesting question, we pride ourselves on our flexibility and our technical support. This isn't the first time people have commented, good and bad, about our support being overly technical.

When responding to a ticket, we try to explicate four things:

1. Our best guess to what has or did go wrong.
            2. What actions we took to resolve the problem.
            3. Our degree of confidence that what we did, did fix things.
            4. What can be done to avoid the problem in the future, if possible.

Like a lot of things, we give what we would most want ourselves. This is generally how I dream of have my trouble tickets answered.

In the case of Shock'em, he was having issues with Deluge's speed yoyo-ing - we suggested a change to cache settings, depending on his usage, whether he was primarily downloading or uploading. A small cache with a short expiry period for mostly down traffic or a large cache with a long expiry for mostly uploading. His yoyo-ing was being caused by a large cache and short expiry: the cache flush was pausing speeds to do the disk writing thing.

A technical explanation that hopefully gave him the tools to resolve the problem the best way himself. But somewhat advanced

Now the question is, what do you folks think? Do you want a short, "It is fixed" response, or do you want a long ass explanation of how things work, what was wrong, what was done to fix it?

What would be your preferred mode of ticket handling?

(we do ask for folks tech level at sign-up to guide us a little)
            I think based on the persons knowledge level you should respond differently. If someones a tweaker and knows linux giving them tips is welcomed if theyre a beginner giving someone some information and doing it for them based on their needs put someones mind at rest knowing your an expert.

Comment

I would like a trail for 1 day to test it out. Don't want to spend $60 if i don't know what its like or how speeds are and everything.

Thank U Weaselbuddha

Sorry not VIP But a Beast at computers........

Comment

Canis Lupus of some remark,

Regretfully, no we don't have trial servers. Not enough spare servers.

We have a limited number of slots, and each is provisioned, personalized to the user and their requirements.

We do have a liberal refund policy, so if you find that the server isn't up to your standards from the get go, I see no problem issuing a refund.

Hope that helps

Comment

The kind of technical support I like may be different from others, as I'm a bit of a nerd, and I also like to do my own work (figures, right?)

I like:
                  - To know what exactly went wrong, if I went to support, I have no idea what the error code meant, and I would like to know what it means
                  - If I don't know already, I want to know what program/process/service generated the error
                  - I want to know where I would have found this answer (Kind of follows above, check the corresponding logs)
                  - I want to know how to fix it
                  - I want to know what caused it (like misconfigured virtual hosts in Apache, to give a blatantly obvious example)
                  - I want to know how to prevent it (ummmm, don't leave a > off in the virtual host?)

Things that other, less technical people seem to like:
                  - It works. That's like 75% of what most people seem to care about. Personally, I almost care more about why, but I'm weird.
                  - Simple explanations, they don't like to be troubled with a cut and paste of 300 lines of a log

Oh, and the biggest thing that pisses me off is people who respond to tickets with someone who clearly doesn't speak English as a first language (that part is fine, I'm okay with working around grammar that's a bit off), but not only that, they don't even seem to put in the effort to figure out what you're saying back. I spent forever going round and round with the WebSoft Solus people (they do the OVH server management addon for WHMCS) because I use OVH web hosting (it's meh, neither terrific nor terrible, about as good as you get for not running your own web server), and their SQL Databases aren't on the same IP as their web hosting, so they kept kicking me back errors about how the license was for one IP address, and I kept telling them that there was no way to get it down to one IP address, and that I wasn't buying 3 licenses (somehow 3 IPs tried to access the module /shrug) for one WHMCS website. Eventually I gave up and moved over to RiSE, Kyle over at RiSE has been amazing. You should check out RiSE if you haven't Weasel, it's really nice (documentation so far is a little lacking, but Kyle is very prompt about answering emails and questions, Wiki is supposed to get fleshed out here soon).
                  sigpic +++"Torrent Smarter."+++

For there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
                  -Shakespeare (Hamlet 2,2)

Intelligence is the ability to avoid doing work, yet getting the work done.
                  -Linus Torvalds

Comment

Noir Top,

Thanks for the response.

I think we'll move to a mixed response, combining the two, a simple its working and a technical here is what we did hybrid.

RiSE looks interesting, I am curious about ESXi integration, and will look at it more in-depth. One of my largest problems right now is Orphans, VM Hosts that are alone on a machine after someone doesn't renew, and has trashed their server to the point it has to be retemplated. Does RiSE handle that?

Comment

Hmmmm, you would have to talk to the guy in charge about that, I don't want to say whether it does or doesn't without him getting his word in. Do you have a script to retemplate it? It doesn't seem like it would be too terribly difficult, but I don't deal in VPS for the very simple reason that I'm not great at them, so I tend to shy away from them haha. Experimented around with it a bit just for myself, but never got enough mastery that I felt I could do adequate support and what not for them. But I would email him about it, I'm not sure. I would think that you could set it to retemplate and then tack the rise install on once it finished, but I suppose that involves crossing the shell over from the physical machine to the virtual, and that wanders a little farther into the VPS than I like to go haha

-Linus Torvalds

Comment

So right now, RiSE is not VM aware?

Automated Install for me would be pointing RiSE at a datastore on one of our machines and having it retemplate the entire machine with the parameters/scripts provided.

Right now it is a manual affair, with some minor scripting. We can legitimately say to new customers that their server is hand installed with great care. But automating the process is on our todo list.

Comment

That I definitely do not know, it's not within the scope of what I do, last time I played with VPS on a server, I broke it (forgot to configure the virtual end of a bridged connection, misconfigured bridge = no net = can't reboot, reinstall, etc) you'd have to ask the RiSE people about that

-Linus Torvalds

Comment

We are in need of a retemplating tool, that will take our OS image and quickly write it to the target VM (vmware). Paying for vCenter/vMotion/vMoMoney is not in the cards for use right now.

The automation to tailor that to our users isn't as urgent. But that part of the process is about an hour, in comparison to lots and lots of hours for a remote SCP.

Comment

Starting on December 18th Chmuranet's Price our will be going up to $66/Month.

Anyone a member before than, will will lock in the old price ($60) for three months, until your March renewal.

If you choose to sign-up before the 18th, you can save 10% on what is a unique premier seed box service. Our Service:

1G Unmetered VPS & Seedbox, Your Own 2TB Drive, Anonymous Sign-up

ChmuraNet Offers:

• A Customized Virtual Private Server
                              • Unmetered Monthly Bandwidth
                              • Your own 2TB Drive
                              • 2x Xeon 3.16Ghz Cores, 4GB Memory Per User
                              • Maximum 8 Virtual Servers/Users per Machine, per One Gigabit pipe
                              • Full Root Access: Install what you want. Do what you want.
                              • No Tracker or Access Limitations
                              • Support that Actually Cares
                              • Anonymous Sign Up, No Logs Kept

Each Server Pre-Configured With:

• Tweaked 64-bit Xubuntu
                              • Specially Tuned RUTorrent/Rtorrent or Deluge BitTorrent client
                              • FTP/SFTP/FTPS
                              • SSH/VNC
                              • Subsonic Media Player
                              • User Control Panel (Webmin)
                              • Ajaxplorer File Explorer

Each is configured as
                              your host ( yourhostname.Chmuranet.net ) with a unique IP Address, and your own selected username and password.

We take support very seriously, and have support available via an FAQ, Live Help, Forum, Trouble Ticketing, IRC, Google Chat, and E-Mail

We also take requests, and are willing to assist in further customizing your server.

Our Story

Screenshot of Landing Page

Comment

Two Weeks before our price goes up.

Act Now! And secure the lower price for at least three months!

Comment

Working...
                                X