Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Want to have your thread stickied?

Anyone can purchase a sticky thread here.

Simply create a thread and PM me the url.

NOTE: Only Sponsors can advertise in their signatures or have more than one open advertisement thread.
2 of 2 < >

README Rules and Advertising Inquiries

VIP members may ask you for a free 1 week trial.

You must comply within 24 hrs or your threads will be closed.

The box must have:

10 gigs space

50 gigs transfer

1 week duration

At minimum...

Up to two trial boxes can be asked PER THREAD. Consider this payment for opening an advertising thread.

The member must then review your services and post this review to your thread. If s/he does not then report them to a moderator. They similarly have 24 hrs to comply.

If you have paid for a sticky thread this does NOT apply to you. Become a paid sponser to have a sticky thread of your own.

UPDATE TO ABOVE RULES

Anyone is able to post ad advertisement here for free at anytime. Of course there are a few rules and they are as follows:

1. You must provide 2 trials to VIPs in lieu of payment for this advertisement thread. The box must have: 10 gigs space, 50 gigs transfer, 1 week duration,

At minimum...

You have 24 Hours to comply with the above or thread will be Closed

2. A successful trial must be accompanied by a review 24 Hours after completion of trial there will be no tolerance of this rule being overlooked

3. VIPs are allowed 1 trial per Month. All successful trial awarded must be annotated on the thread

4. You are only allowed 1 thread open for 30 Days for free upon after 30 Days you can either renew via providing 2 additional trials to 2 VIPs or buy a sticky

5. There is to be no mundane bumping of threads in this section. You want your thread on top buy a sticky. You are free to post if there was a major shake up with services or whatever you may have in your Company or to answer any questions from a potential customers

6. Links are only allowed in the original post, there is to be no further posting of any external links on your thread or it will be closed. In the same token you are not to post links on your signature of any kind unless you are a Sponsor. Sponsors are not subject to the linking rules of this area

7. There are to be no more giveaways in this area the only trials that are to be given here are the 2 that were allocated for payment of thread. Vendors giveaways would go on Vendor's Trials from hereon out. In the same token non-VIPs are not allowed to post for trials in this area only in the new section. Again Sponsors are free to provide trials if they see fit in both areas
See more
See less

Chmuranet.com: Anonymous VPS Seedboxes [NL], Starting at 25/Month - No Limits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CrAcKtR0 View Post
    What datacenter are your servers hosted at?
    F. A. Q. - ChmuraNet Forum
    , Holland
    amsterdam
    which means prob evoswitch/leaseweb

Comment

Yes, Amsterdam.

Actually we are at the Switch DC - we have redundant backbone providers, Cogent, Zayo, and Level 3, and uplinks to AMS-IX & NL-IX

How we got there is a bit of a Story.
      Last edited by Chmuranet; February 27, 2014, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigyellowbirds View Post
        I pay with paypal, so not sure what else they accept.
        They do take other forms beside paypal. When you get to the paypal login screen, just below it - it states " If you don't have a paypal account you can pay with your debit card with the following logos. Visa, Mastercard.

One thing I can say about the service of Chmuranet is that it IS EXCELLENT. I am not a member nor am I associated with them. Just a client. I can tell you this much I am a newb to Linux/Seedboxes/Apps. I have pestered them with questions via email and I normally get a response within 30 minutes 99.9% of the time. By the way I have bothered them at 1am 3am 5pm my timezone. And I have gotten a response. To me that is by far the best in service. Not only that, they actually take the time to guide you and teach you to get you going as quickly as possible. Yet, I am the type of person that tries first and asks later. They do deserve to be looked at. Am I happy with them?- heck yeah!

Have a great day!

Comment

Had a spat of "Can you send me a speed test" requests.

Folks should understand on a semi-dedicated service, that meaningful numbers are hard you come by. It is highly variable, here are two speed tests from two different machines, around the same time, both are max'ed out in terms of users (8 active users on both machines). Both machines are configured identically, both have an unmetered 1Gbps pipe, from the same supplier.

RESULT ONE

RESULT TWO

Wait an hour and the numbers would be completely different.

Both have more than acceptable speeds, but are night and day in terms of speed. This is why speed tests like these are not a good indicator of your performance you'll get on your server.

Taking a look at real life performance, like the numbers I posted earlier are a much better (still not great) indicator of performance.

Comment

I just signed up for your service and I'm excited to see what kind of speeds I can get. I will post some screenshots for members here once I DL/UL a few things. I'll also write a review of my experience (in the review forums) once I get some time in on the server. It almost sounds too good to be true compared to what else I've seen available. Not going to lie, I'm a little hesitant because I did some research and really couldn't find any other reviews or comments about your service. Gonna give it a go though and see how it measures up against my Seed.st box!
            sigpic
            My Giveaways My Tutorials
            [ 2 Week Seedbox 1 Mo Seedbox ] [ Transitioning from Public to Private Trackers ]

We are a way for the cosmos to know itself.
            -Carl Sagan

Comment

Welcome to the service!

Have any issues, let me know.

Comment

This looks promising, and I can't wait to see some user reviews!

I have to say it is nice to see more seedbox providers opening up to the idea of colocation (the only other one I know of is Trapid Servers). Since you have a sizable investment in physical hardware, it seems very unlikely that you would suddenly close down and let your expensive servers collect dust in storage.

The $60 price is a bit on the steep side of my budget (actually it's $15 over my max), but you are certainly offering a lot of value for that $60. I see there is a space on the order page for a promotional code...will you be offering any sort of discounts now or in the near future?

Comment

Thank You, you sound like the kind of member we are looking for.

We have a couple unofficial reviews here already, and there is a review by a user called "Kilgore Trout" out elsewhere. Folks have told me the bar is just a bit high here to only post a single review, with the 10% introduction process.

We are relatively new, and don't offer any hard incentives to review the service. What few reviews we have, they are genuine.

I must admit that the pricing issue drives me a little nuts. I see quite a bit of scrambling for the lowest possible price, people creating threads titled "Anyone know where I can find an unmetered 10G dedicated server with at least petabyte of storage for no more than six dollars, that is Singapore dollars, per month....."

We seem to be our own worst enemy, we snap up the 13 dollar highly limited service, then complain that the service is over sold, not well serviced, and incredibly limited. At $13 what did you expect?

At sixty dollars our margins are razor thin, and with the hardware investment we won't be turning a profit anytime soon.

The promotion code is a bit of historical artifact, when we first started we offered a partner discount to get people in the door, and only use it now for folks getting their second or third server. Currently there is no plan to change that.

Everyone involved in bringing up Chmuranet is a seedbox user. Users that were disgruntled or disappointed with other services they had encountered - with a bit of hubris we thought we could do better and imagined what would be the "ideal service", a rational service at a reasonable price. The service we had always searched for but couldn't find.
                  Last edited by Chmuranet; September 11, 2012, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Wow very nice.Just what I was looking for and cheap.:)

Comment

I'll be posting a full review shortly, but here are a few first impressions I've made over the past couple of weeks.

My seeding habits are unusual, I'm usually running a thousand or more high traffic torrents simultaneosly. My experience so far has been extremely similar to bigyellowbirds. Brilliant customer service(I've bugged Weaselbudda quite a lot with issues I've been having with my own personal setup, and he's always replied quickly and helped me out with things he had no reason to), brilliant speeds (I've currently got two boxes, one gives me 25MB/s down, 10MB/s up, the other 60MB/s down, 25MB/s up) and no traffic's or throttling. Most other seedboxes I've used in the past have choked when handling this many torrents, but I've had to such problem here.

Root access is also extremely useful, and I've been running both a website and an XDCC bot with no issues and without affecting torrents.

All in all, I'd definately give Chmuranet 10/10. It may be more expensive than the competition, but both speeds and customer service are far better than any other box I've tried.

Comment

Hello,

I am interest in knowing what is the refund policy?

Thanks,
                        Wayne
                        Last edited by GunnzShop; September 16, 2012, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Wayne,

Refund policy is pretty rational but not written in stone, you have issues we can't solve, we'll issue a refund. We are more likely to offer a refund towards the beginning of your membership or renewal, then at the end.

So far we've offered refunds to three users (they had problems we had no control over), none have taken us up on it.

In our FAQ, see the question:
                          I'm Mad as Hell and I'm Not Going to Take it Anymore!

Comment

Good Luck
                            Last edited by Moaaz; March 26, 2014, 05:49 AM.

Comment

I have ordered a server to test out, I look forward to receiving my details :)

Comment

Welcome!

Have any issues or questions, or just comments

Write [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X