Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Want to have your thread stickied?

Anyone can purchase a sticky thread here.

Simply create a thread and PM me the url.

NOTE: Only Sponsors can advertise in their signatures or have more than one open advertisement thread.
2 of 2 < >

README Rules and Advertising Inquiries

VIP members may ask you for a free 1 week trial.

You must comply within 24 hrs or your threads will be closed.

The box must have:

10 gigs space

50 gigs transfer

1 week duration

At minimum...

Up to two trial boxes can be asked PER THREAD. Consider this payment for opening an advertising thread.

The member must then review your services and post this review to your thread. If s/he does not then report them to a moderator. They similarly have 24 hrs to comply.

If you have paid for a sticky thread this does NOT apply to you. Become a paid sponser to have a sticky thread of your own.

UPDATE TO ABOVE RULES

Anyone is able to post ad advertisement here for free at anytime. Of course there are a few rules and they are as follows:

1. You must provide 2 trials to VIPs in lieu of payment for this advertisement thread. The box must have: 10 gigs space, 50 gigs transfer, 1 week duration,

At minimum...

You have 24 Hours to comply with the above or thread will be Closed

2. A successful trial must be accompanied by a review 24 Hours after completion of trial there will be no tolerance of this rule being overlooked

3. VIPs are allowed 1 trial per Month. All successful trial awarded must be annotated on the thread

4. You are only allowed 1 thread open for 30 Days for free upon after 30 Days you can either renew via providing 2 additional trials to 2 VIPs or buy a sticky

5. There is to be no mundane bumping of threads in this section. You want your thread on top buy a sticky. You are free to post if there was a major shake up with services or whatever you may have in your Company or to answer any questions from a potential customers

6. Links are only allowed in the original post, there is to be no further posting of any external links on your thread or it will be closed. In the same token you are not to post links on your signature of any kind unless you are a Sponsor. Sponsors are not subject to the linking rules of this area

7. There are to be no more giveaways in this area the only trials that are to be given here are the 2 that were allocated for payment of thread. Vendors giveaways would go on Vendor's Trials from hereon out. In the same token non-VIPs are not allowed to post for trials in this area only in the new section. Again Sponsors are free to provide trials if they see fit in both areas
See more
See less

Seed.ST - 200GB from $2/w OR $6/m - instant setup

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just purchase ur $3 per week plan .. lets see how it goes. Will right a review after the week :)

---------- Post added July 6th, 2013 at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was July 5th, 2013 at 03:00 PM ----------

1st day review:

Pros : 225GB Space
    Download speed is sometimes good hits around 20MB/s

Cons: Upload speed doesn't go beyond 1.5MB/s (Advertised average is 2-4MB/s)

This is my first seedbox. So not sure it has something to do with my setting. Could someone help me to get the advertised speed?

Will post a complete review end of the week.

Comment

• This is very premature news but:

Some of our higher end packages have been gimped by the traffic shaping at LeaseWeb, and we've been forced to discontinue the 10gbit packages because of limitations of their datacenter.

We have secured funding (roughly $300,000 - phew) for and are working on setting up a presence at a new datacenter that will be owned by us in Toronto, Canada. Bandwidth will be a blend of Level3, nLayer, Cogent, and possibly Tata (so pretty high quality stuff). We will have enough that we can bring back the 10gbit servers and the high end packages will be much faster. We will also be directly peering with OVH (which still is a huge hub believe it or not) and other known seedbox hubs for maximum speed between them. The physical datacenter is in a DMCA-free zone and is host to other similar companies like Hidemyass.

Unfortunately, we will not be moving the servers there until the end of January at the earliest. Just thought I'd let you know what our plans are to address the problem.

Comment

• Well, that does sound like a welcome change. Good luck in your endeavors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ersan View Post
          We have secured funding (roughly $300,000 - phew) for and are working on setting up a presence at a new datacenter that will be owned by us in Toronto, Canada. Bandwidth will be a blend of Level3, nLayer, Cogent, and possibly Tata (so pretty high quality stuff).
          Very ambitious indeed. Hope it comes together for you and good luck!
          Thanks to the powers that be for VIP

Comment

• I have been with them twice. One time for 4 months starting in Jan., then recently for the last month. They lost 225 GB of my seeds the first time when they changed from France to Germany. I tied over 6 times to get some input from them and never received a response from customer service. I left! Last month I tried again, hoping they soothed things out. It is worse, currently I am down again, second time in a month. The only way to get any customer service is to camp out on IRC and eventually someone will respond....took 3 hours last time. I think they are completely automated and have no ability to directly repair anything. They can restart an FTP server, after many hours on IRC, I got that done. Today I watched people come and go on IRC with no consistent customer service. People would say, "I just paid 25 dollars and I can't connect....can anybody help on here?"...no response. After many hours today, I found out , "A disc drive broke" and if your data was on it...oops it's gone. BTW, I learned the first time and have a complete backup at home and fully expect they have again lost 200 gb. One more thing my box acts full at 200GB ...should be 225. My repeated attempts at contact to solve this to irc, email and "live chat link" has got ZERO responses. Sorry Seed.st, I tried to be a loyal customer twice and you blew it.

Comment

• They were great when at OVH now the service is crap, ruTorrent takes about 5 minutes to load and crashes often, which is weird as FTP works great.
              I's cheap but if it doesn't work most of the time what's the point. I suspect they are putting too many users on each server.
              I've used them several times for a few years now, right now is the worst I've ever seen seedst for speed and connection problems.
              Seed st was a good company but I don't think they care about the quality of service they supply anymore.

Comment

This is very premature news but:

Some of our higher end packages have been gimped by the traffic shaping at LeaseWeb, and we've been forced to discontinue the 10gbit packages because of limitations of their datacenter.

We have secured funding (roughly $300,000 - phew) for and are working on setting up a presence at a new datacenter that will be owned by us in Toronto, Canada. Bandwidth will be a blend of Level3, nLayer, Cogent, and possibly Tata (so pretty high quality stuff). We will have enough that we can bring back the 10gbit servers and the high end packages will be much faster. We will also be directly peering with OVH (which still is a huge hub believe it or not) and other known seedbox hubs for maximum speed between them. The physical datacenter is in a DMCA-free zone and is host to other similar companies like Hidemyass.

Unfortunately, we will not be moving the servers there until the end of January at the earliest. Just thought I'd let you know what our plans are to address the problem.
                Wonder if these plans will change now with the new OVH plans, but either way, yea you can see the shaping is pretty bad/obvious: eu5n.seed.st
                Munin :: localdomain :: localhost.localdomain :: if eth0

What DC in Toronto, I think I can guess which one but you'd better be careful and read the contracts on what can actually be disclosed to various agencies (and I think especially Ersan as you are somewhere in NA?).
                Last edited by JustSeed_It; July 26, 2013, 12:04 PM.

Comment

This is very premature news but:

I've had a 100Mbps/ 225GB package for several months. A few months ago someone moved me to a new server without warning, wiping everything. The new server was horrible. It was down more than it was up. Some days, I could not connect to it at all. When I could connect, I got a lot of errors. If I wanted to add a torrent, I would have to try several times before the server would accept it. When I downloaded form the server, I had a lot of errors and retries in my FTP client. I contacted support and after a few weeks they moved me to another server. It is even worse then the one I was on.
                  Looking at the server stats for all of the 100Mbps servers, they all have horrible uptime graphs. They are down more than they are up.
                  I gave up and switched to Whatbox. For an extra $5/month I get a 360GB drive and much faster transfers. No more trouble connecting to the server and flawless FTP transfers.

Comment

• Bad experiences with Seed.st, support was non-existent with no replies received through email/irc. I had two trial boxes, one was working fine and the other I couldnt use for 6 out of 7 days. $7 for nothing, avoid at all costs. After almost a month, still no reply received for the email sent.
                    sigpic
                    Free Fruits
                    . Bonus Sac .
                    . Invite Tree (33%) .

Wish Tree
                    . Exigo, HDBits, BitHumen .

Comment

• Originally posted by macelbe View Post
                      They were great when at OVH now the service is crap, ruTorrent takes about 5 minutes to load and crashes often, which is weird as FTP works great.
                      I's cheap but if it doesn't work most of the time what's the point. I suspect they are putting too many users on each server.
                      I've used them several times for a few years now, right now is the worst I've ever seen seedst for speed and connection problems.
                      Seed st was a good company but I don't think they care about the quality of service they supply anymore.
                      i've had 1-2 seed boxes with seedst for about half a year maybe a tad longer now. in the beginning it was fine but about a couple months ago they moved servers and now the service is complete garbage.
                      the most annoying thing is the web base rutorrent realistically takes 30 seconds maybe a minute at times to connect, and about 10 seconds to do a command sometimes longer. the latency to the rutorrent is like sending data from earth to the moon.

they advertise 4MBps on my box but i've never seen it seed faster then 2-3MBps and that is only on a brand new extremely popular torrent, most days all torrents combined seeds like 500KBps.

downloading use to be great, always capped at about 10MBps but now it seems to be on a roller coaster about 1.5-6MBps

most the time the FTP client works fine, and if you open up more then 1 transfer it will almost max my 100mbps connection.
                      i've seen each connection to the FTP range from say 300kbps up to 10mbps per connection. but most the time it stays ithe middle of that.

I would not recommend seedst, im currently looking for a new seedbox.

update. just checked server stats. it shows on my box 186mbps upload speed. on my box im getting 550KBps out of that 186mbps... they advertise 4MBps average upload. im only 700% below average upload speed.
                      the WORST PART, they still have open slots to sell so as slots get taken I sometimes see my upload speed slow down to 56k modem speeds.
                      i'll be doing a charge back on my CC
                      Last edited by paigow; August 22, 2013, 08:35 PM.

Comment

• Due to the decreased price of SSD's, we have doubled the space of all SSD packages at no additional cost!

Comment

• Originally posted by paigow View Post
                          i've had 1-2 seed boxes with seedst for about half a year maybe a tad longer now. in the beginning it was fine but about a couple months ago they moved servers and now the service is complete garbage.
                          Gotta agree.

- No notification that the entire site was coming down
                          - Nothing mentioned on the site at all. I found out on this forum.
                          - server names changed without any notification - so just couldn't log in.
                          - "open ended" vague answers like "soon" when asked when the site would come back up
                          - Weren't given the option just to have a new empty account, rather than waiting the 24+ hrs to copy our stuff across.

Comment

• so i thought id go back to them from having trouble few months back and ever thing was fine for first few days untill server come un operative so i emailed and no reply and logged on to mirc and the channel was muted so no one could ask questions due to people asking when server was gonna be fixed and they just muted us and said sorry im not been given information its ersans problem not mine.... so just asked for refund but they take ages if not at all reply.... keep away guys you will be screwed over they are there for quick buck and thats it not for customer service ..... totally ruined them selfs fast!

Comment

• Now I am using the one for a week for 3$ and the one for 50$. I would say that they are pretty good ones. Of course the one for 3$ is slower than 50$ but still you have a nice speed of downloading. Regarding the second one for 50$ it is just amazing, everything works smooth and beautifully! But still this is my second day of using them so I will be back later on with new updates.

4th day of using their products and everything is pretty secure. Torrents are stable. No any problems at all.
                              Last edited by Persuasion; September 21, 2013, 06:37 AM.

Comment

• We're having a sale on our MAX package - 2TB for $40/mo!!! Limited time offer, does not apply to existing subscriptions. New subscriptions only.

Comment

Working...
                                X