IPTorrents (IPT) review 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gilgameshtr View Post
    I only hate big donation logo at this tracker, one of the best trackers around.
    You can always use adblocker or something like that. You will see the internet is will look a lot better. I also like IPT very much and this tracker helps me with my low ratio at TL.

Comment

I like IPT. I never had any problem with it.

If you have a slow connection it is a bit difficult to maintain good ratio ratio but with a fast one it is very easy.
      I had that problem but as soon as I upgraded to fibre my ratio went through the roof.
      The easiest way to deal with it is to just download freeleech torrents and seed continuously for couple of days.

Comment

If you have a slow connection, download big freeleech torrents (like games) and seed them for long times. You will get good upload since many people abandon the big torrents they download after some time.

Comment

Probably the best tracker out there in terms of ease of use and speed.

Comment

best tracker for newbie's and beyond.

huge community, great speeds and alot of content.
            Last edited by Tommy89; July 2, 2016, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Hi
              Is IPT a Scene tracker?

Comment

Originally posted by Maraamu View Post
                Hi
                Is IPT a Scene tracker?
                Yes. It's about 70-80% mainstream release group stuff, and around 30% internal group stuff; ie. EVO, AFG etc.

Comment

I wouldn't call IPT a scene specific tracker like SCC. It's a general all round tracker. It has scene and p2p stuff.

Comment

Great first tracker to gather knowledge of how things work, will most likely have everything you need.

Comment

i look at IPT as the better retention tracker... for most stuff, it has the best chance of having seeders for torrents that are OLDER

most sites seem to lose seeders after a month, or at most a few months.. but IPT seems to have seeders for torrents that are over a few years old.. I should know, i have about 30 torrents that are over 2 years old that I seed for IPT

Comment

It has a history of drama, but it's definitely got a lot of active content. One big plus on activity of the site is to use it to fetch content and then use that to seed on other trackers. If you do it right your ratio will be fine and be able to improve on other locations (obviously using separate torrent files).
                        Last edited by AxiumEmpire; August 13, 2016, 03:33 PM.

Comment

The accepted clients list in the main review is pretty old now. Can anyone confirm/deny whether ruTorrent v3.7 (used on my seedbox) is allowed on this tracker before I apply?

Comment

Originally posted by TJsTJ View Post
                            The accepted clients list in the main review is pretty old now. Can anyone confirm/deny whether ruTorrent v3.7 (used on my seedbox) is allowed on this tracker before I apply?
                            The current list doesn't differ too much. This is the latest uTorrent version they have listed as supported: uTorrent 3.2.2 Build 28500

Comment

What about rTorrent? The OP lists rTorrent through 0.9.2, but my seedbox has 0.9.6. Is it still only the older version accepted?

EDIT: I answered my own question so will share. IPT has two client lists, one banned and one approved. Do not use any banned clients or you will be warned and/or banned. For the approved, however, they have specific versions that are approved by them. Using later versions of those clients aren't specifically banned, but are "use at your own risk" and may not update the tracker properly. I have since obtained an IPT account and confirmed that my seedbox rTorrent version updates the tracker correctly, even not being an "approved" client.
                              Last edited by TJsTJ; October 25, 2016, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Was a member here a long time ago. Great tracker

Comment

Working...
                                X