No announcement yet.

IPTorrents (IPT) review 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just joined the site and it has a good load of torrents of different categories which is great.
    Got invite and joined really quickly so that was good.
    The only think I dont really like is their site layout/look. They use some really low quality images for the links, not particularly a clean look, something they should improve on.
    But otherwise a great general tracker to be a part of

Comment

I agree with OP's personal review. IPTorrents is my favorite!

Comment

Very good site and plenty of material with a healthy dose of both seeders and leechers. I don't use them too too often, but I like what I've gotten on here.

Comment

IPTorrent is the only site i use now very rarely use TL anymore.

Comment

@ sKiFF
            Use IPT and cross-seed on TL to increase ratio there. But yes, IPT has tonnes of well seeded content.

Comment

The amount of users and torrents is huge, sure, but the rules of tracker encourage "pay-to-win" strategic, with tons of 1gbit seedbox owners dropping in on almost every torrent it becomes difficult to seed to 1:1 without personal seedbox or turning PC on for full 2 weeks, and cmon, You can buy immunity from H&R for cash? hmm..

Comment

Originally posted by vsop View Post
                The amount of users and torrents is huge, sure, but the rules of tracker encourage "pay-to-win" strategic, with tons of 1gbit seedbox owners dropping in on almost every torrent it becomes difficult to seed to 1:1 without personal seedbox or turning PC on for full 2 weeks, and cmon, You can buy immunity from H&R for cash? hmm..
                the monetizing of the Tracker is nothing new with IPT, although I have no issue seeding back what I grabbed when I used the site
                only the shadow knows the evil in the hearts of men

Comment

Is making money bad? I actually like the site.

Comment

@Jonla13 - I think the ugly thing about this tracker is its low security measures when it comes to users' IP addresses. They are not secure. I have never felt secure with them. Although, I have an account there and when I get a chance to get on another good software tracker, I won't be using this tracker anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by vsop View Post
                      There are ways around that 2-week seed requirement. Any torrent can be "zapped" for 50 bonus points. And bonus points are pretty easy to acquire. If you seed 10 torrents (full download), you amass 2 points an hour. Doesn't matter how large the torrent is either. Can be 10 3MB e-books.

Of course that doesn't help your ratio. But if you're upping the odd freeleech, that shouldn't be a big problem.

Comment

this is my main torrent site for now. ratio can be a little hard but i keep some free leech stuff in my seedbox to help. its a great all around tracker.

Comment

Originally posted by fishmonger View Post
                          this is my main torrent site for now. ratio can be a little hard but i keep some free leech stuff in my seedbox to help. its a great all around tracker.
                          In terms of content IPT is head and shoulders above any other general tracker. Yes, the owner is out to make money but then nobody is forcing anyone to donate. Just grab whatever is needed. IPT has an excellent retention ratio and even one seeder on a large torrent guarantees that you will complete the download. If you jump on the swarm early you may not be able to upload that much due to a combination of auto-download bots and gigabit boxes. But then have a holding period of 2 weeks. I am sure you will reach 1:1. You get bonus points for seeding. Also, the FL threads are there. To be frank if you cannot sustain in IPT, then it will be difficult in other trackers.

Comment

I only hate big donation logo at this tracker, one of the best trackers around.

Comment

IPT is the tracker I use first when looking for something. Seems to have better download times than other trackers I have used, and I can almost always find what I am looking for.

Comment

IPT is better than a lot of general trackers, but compared to its sibling TD, it isn't doing it for me.

I am a member of many of this family of trackers (TD, IPT, Torrenting and Scenetime), but only really ever use TD.

Comment

Working...
                                X