Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [TV] BroadcasThe.Net (BTN) Review

Tracker Name: BTN
    Signup URL: Invite or Interview if you can get an interview code from a member.
    Tracker Type: BTN is a ratioless TV tracker
    Tracker Birthday: November 2nd, 2009

Tracker Description

BTN is a ratioless TV show only tracker. This is the only tracker I use for tv shows because they have great contents. This tracker has tons of torrents 105K (see screenshots below). But be not afraid, all these torrents are very well organized by series, individual seasons and episodes. Single episodes, except pilots, get trumped (deleted) when a season is finish airring. Some see it as a good thing, it keeps things clean and uncluttered. Others see it as negative, mainly, because of inability to download single episodes. Scene torrents are extracted from archives, and all user uploads are not allowed to be archived. All internal release are double upload, which is helpful if you are trying to progress through user classes. From time to time they have a site wide 2x upload as well. Highest class normal users can reach is Master, who have the ability to give away unlimited invites. They recently added the Overload class which is almost impossible to reach, you will know what I mean if you check out the user class chart below.

Features

• Notify of New Uploads - you select which tv show you want to be notified when an a new episode is uploaded.
    • TV Favorites - where you can add shows that you watch and it'll display status of the show, last aired episode, next episode, and airtime.
    • TV News - page (not in the forum) where all the news about shows are posted, obviously.
    • Reviews - where users can review shows and you can vote on these reviews up or down.
    • Stamps - you buy stamps with tv show art to display on you profile page.
    • TV schedule
    • Bookmarks
    • IRC announce channel

Home/News

Tracker Stats

Browse Page

Default View Sort by Torrent Size Sort by Seeders Sort by Snatches

TV Show Page

Forums

Rules

Golden Rules Forum Rules IRC Rules Seeding Rules

Userclasses/Promotion

IRC Details

*Please review the IRC Rules before using the IRC.

Donation Page

Ratings & Personal Commentary

Content: 10/10
    They're very well organized which really helps all their torrents stay alive. They have almost every single TV shows every aired. BTN have contests to help fill in gaps in categories where they are lacking in shows. They have all types of encodes and release: 480p, 720p, 1080p, 1080i, portable devices, web rips, & scene releases.

Speed: 10/10
    The speed is very fast because a lot of users are using seedbox. Of course older torrents with low amount of seeder is slow just like any other trackers.

Community: 9/10
    Forums and IRC channels are very active.

Pre-times:
    They have a bot which auto-uploads the latest TV shows within seconds after the show finish airing. Keep in mind that scene torrents have to be extracted/uncompressed from rar so it takes few seconds longer then the other trackers.

Links to older BTN reviews

Last edited by Hearts; May 3, 2015, 01:20 PM.
    This account is unable to receive PMs.

Really nice, informative, concise review. I wasn't aware they replaced single episodes with packs.

Good job. BTW, if it was your intention to conceal the full name of the tracker, you missed it on the picture for the "TV Show Page."
    Last edited by Confused; May 30, 2012, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Confused View Post
      Really nice, informative, concise review. I wasn't aware they replaced single episodes with packs.

Good job. BTW, if it was your intention to conceal the full name of the tracker, you missed it on the picture for the "TV Show Page."
      Thank you. TV Show Page fixed.
      looking for: DB9

Comment

Originally posted by Wormwood
        Nice review mate. This is one of my dream trackers, I hope I will be able to become a member someday :).
        Don't give up and you'll get there. Just stick around, be active in the forums (post a lot) and I'm sure the 55% forum will offer you a lot more BTN GA threads than the 10% . Although I got mine from the 10% forum.
        Last edited by munyosz; May 30, 2012, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by munyosz View Post
          Don't give up and you'll get there. Just stick around, be active in the forums (post a lot) and I'm sure the 55% forum will offer you a lot more BTN GA threads than the 10% . Although I got mine from the 10% forum.
          Yeah, I know, and that's what I intend to do. BTN is one of the main reasons I joined this forum, a lot of people say that this tracker is the absolute best for tv fanatics like me, so the last thing that's on my mind is giving up :).

Originally posted by reohoie
          Not impossible at all;

I try to get in HDB since two years now and still searching
          Well, I sure wouldn't like to wait 2 years to get into BTN . I know it's not impossible, I'll keep looking.

Originally posted by Wartor
          My thought too... :)
          Good luck too you to mate, hope someday soon we'll manage to get our wish come true.

Comment

Nice review @p5ycho, good job mate.

I have a question though mate. Apparently you are using the SMPTE v2 stylesheet but how did you get the file type and release type with different colors? I love it! Check the circles on the screenshot below;

Thank in advance

Comment

Originally posted by CyniC View Post
              Nice review @p5ycho, good job mate.

I have a question though mate. Apparently you are using the SMPTE v2 stylesheet but how did you get the file type and release type with different colors? I love it! Check the circles on the screenshot below;

Thank in advance
              Discovered it myself a few weeks ago. If you click [Edit], under the Layout tab there is an option called "Color Code Torrents".

Comment

Originally posted by anoyy
                great review m8, rep point for you ;)

I'm looking for BTN invite for ages :/

I read few days ago that invite sistem doesn't work atm, is that true? Also, is there any BTN invites in 33% forum, didn't see any in 10%
                To my knowledge the invite system is working. There is one giveaway in 33%.

Comment

Originally posted by p5ycho View Post
                  To my knowledge the invite system is working. There is one giveaway in 33%.
                  to my knowledge, there's something wrong with the e-mailing system. it could be fixed by now but that's what i heard few days ago. just saying...

anyways,

this site, is the best, everrr.
                  Proud founder of the #brothel

Comment

Originally posted by p5ycho View Post
                    Discovered it myself a few weeks ago. If you click [Edit], under the Layout tab there is an option called "Color Code Torrents".
                    Much appreciated, thank you mate

Comment

really nice review i probably use this tracker 5 times a week just for tv shows,

i just knew about this as well.

Comment

been a member here for less than 2 weeks, it's a "must" have for a tv tracker.
                        i think it's the best for that type. community is awesome, and irc helps a lot.
                        ..thanks to gblaze for my avatar

Some persons have an daunting presence, one that can foretell fear in their opponents eyes and bring a sense of vanquish right away. Whether it be their proficiency in their respected field or simply, their stature, intimidation comes to mind when speaking of him..an exalted

Comment

I also only recently got an invite to this tracker and it definitely lives up to the hype. I really appreciate the use of banners, posters, and fanart images (looks like it scrapes TheTVDB.com for its images) to brighten up the listings. If the site contained ClearArt and Logos from FanArt.TV, then I could just scrape this site for images to use in my own XBMC library, LOL

Comment

The invite system bugs were fixed but the Invite code and Interview system have been done away with.The staff say they might have an IRC invite application.Nothing certain though.Only master class can send invites.BTN just got harder to get.I got my invite through Reddit.
                            There are many cool things you can do with their API and also integrating it with Sickbeard to Auto Download.
                            Last edited by Forsyth; June 15, 2012, 11:25 AM.

Comment

It is the best tracker for TV shows. Ratioless, good speed, good pre, anyone can seed and leech very easy.

Comment

Working...
                              X