X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Sports] Sport-Scene (SSC) Review

Sports-Scene.net(SSC) Review

Tracker Name: Sports-Scene.net

Tracker's URL: Sport-Scene.net - Your ultimate sport source!

Signup URL: Sports-scene signup

Tracker Type: Sports (mostly basketball)

Tracker Description
    : Sports-scene.net is a private sports tracker. It many different types of content available; it has basketball, UFC, wrestling, basketball, and more. Every night, all the basketball games that were played are uploaded (or so I believe, I only watch Lin)

Logo

Home/News

Browse Page

Freeleech

All the sports talk-shows are freeleech. There are several freeleech releases everyday and the staff determine which torrents are freeleech. Basketball and NHL talk-shows come out frequently. There are also bonusleech torrents for dying torrents which give 2.5x as more upload as normal freeleech torrents. These torrents have few seeders and leechers.

Requests

Forums

Rules

Userclasses/Promotion

One important note: if you joined the site during the occasional open signups, you will begin as a benchwarmer and you must upload 7gb until you are able to advance to "player" status (it shouldn not take more than a week of seeding to advance). If you joined via invite, you will start as a player.

Invite System

Invites are handed out monthly and expire after two weeks if unused.

IRC Details/Bonus System

Note that you do not receive IRC credits if you are at the lowest class, benchwarmer.

Donation System

Ratings & Personal Commentary
    :
    The speed of the tracker is usually very good. But most of the users lack seedboxes. Some of the uploaders have low upload speeds and a torrent could take five to fifteen minutes to get to a decent speed (200+kbps). It is fairly easy to get a good ratio because of the daily freeleech torrents. However, I live on the east coast so basketball games are usually uploaded midnight or several hours later; I manually download so I cannot seed back the amount I download. Just jump on new freeleech torrents and your ratio will be fine.

Nobody talks on IRC. Most of them just idle for credit. The forum's activity is OK. Not that many people use it and most of the talk in the "general" category is about basketball.

If you want a basketball tracker with other sports content, this is your site. Many of the basketball games are internally encoded (mostly by scratch404). Twenty-five to fifty percent of the content is basketball and games come out only a few hours after completion (there are also many games played more than ten years ago avalible). If you wanted to watch NHL or do not particularly care for basketball, I suggest you go to TSTN. TSTN has more users and more games uploaded daily. However, I think Sports-scene is worth having because there are very few private sports trackers around.

Community: 2.5/5
    Content: 4.5/5
    Speed: 3/5
    Last edited by Madhouse; March 1, 2012, 07:34 PM.

archchain hit the nail on the head. They could've called it NBA-Scene, that would've been more accurate.

They do provide some good old classic NBA games like old finals series or random playoff games once in a while that you don't get anywhere else.

As a die hard NBA fan I wouldn't miss this tracker anymore.

I haven't figured out, yet, how to use autodl-irssi with this tracker, if anyone got it working, please hit me with a PM.
    Last edited by karmaisabitch; March 1, 2012, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by karmaisabitch View Post
      archchain hit the nail on the head. They could've called it NBA-Scene, that would've been more accurate.

They do provide some good old classic NBA games like old finals series or random playoff games once in a while that you don't get anywhere else.

As a die hard NBA fan I wouldn't miss this tracker anymore.

I haven't figured out, yet, how to use autodl-irssi with this tracker, if anyone got it working, please hit me with a PM.
      yeah definitely, i'm not a long time member and it is, after all, basketball season. so i'll wait til baseball season and football (american) season comes back around
      Proud founder of the #brothel

Comment

Ya this is definitely must have if you're a basketball fan. I don't think invites are given to members anymore except for special occasions, but they are open frequently so it's not hard to get in.

Comment

can anyone recommend a better futbol tracker?

Comment

Originally posted by Royal_Bath View Post
            can anyone recommend a better futbol tracker?
            TSTN has a fair amount of football games from different leagues (they were called footytorrents once). A few games come out every day (sometimes the games become freeleech). They have a recruitment thread on T-I.
            The Sports Torrent Network (TSTN) Review

TSTN - The Sports Torrent Network - Recruitment

Comment

If you love sports, this is a must have tracker!

Comment

Thank You For The Share. Just Keep These Rocking Efforts & Work Up, Bro..........

Comment

well im not into NBA at all but i guess if you were it would be a good tracker to have. Whats it like with the amount of torrents being added because surely there isnt that much sport to post? i could be wrong though... would be good to know. thanks

Comment

I think they lost a bit of their greatness this NBA season. The uploads are not released as quickly as they were last season because the capper doesn't provide those uploads anymore.
                    Last season they had 720p releases of every game like within 30-120min after the game as well as daily condensed games, regular NBA Tonight and Inside NBA uploads.

The result is a bit more chaos in the NBA release department with less consistency and a wider range of releases from various encoders/cappers so it's harder to program the RSS feeds to autodownload the right releases.
                    At the beginning of the season RayAllen34 aka m4rtyr provided NBA releases directly to the side but for some reason he/she mostly uploads them elsewhere now.

They still do provide most of the games, however, sometimes it takes a couple of hours for them to show up.

It's still a good tracker and probably still the best NBA tracker around but not as good as it used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by karmaisabitch View Post
                      I think they lost a bit of their greatness this NBA season. The uploads are not released as quickly as they were last season because the capper doesn't provide those uploads anymore.
                      Last season they had 720p releases of every game like within 30-120min after the game as well as daily condensed games, regular NBA Tonight and Inside NBA uploads.

The result is a bit more chaos in the NBA release department with less consistency and a wider range of releases from various encoders/cappers so it's harder to program the RSS feeds to autodownload the right releases.
                      At the beginning of the season RayAllen34 aka m4rtyr provided NBA releases directly to the side but for some reason he/she mostly uploads them elsewhere now.

They still do provide most of the games, however, sometimes it takes a couple of hours for them to show up.

It's still a good tracker and probably still the best NBA tracker around but not as good as it used to be.
                      I agree, it's kind of disappointing. Any idea where RayAllen34 went?

Comment

i am looking for FAIRPLAY release group which tracker into? any info thanks

Special Thanks to extJSDB for my class upgrade.

Comment

Seems like this is a pretty specific NBA and basketball tracker. Can you comment if there are any Golf torrents available? Having a bit of difficulty tracking any down amongst the football, MMA and wrestling trackers out there!

Comment

another mediocre sports tracker. Not enough users, stuff not staying seeded.

Cant even customize your profile to display more than 15 torrents at once....

Move along, 20 mediocre sports trackers, not one great one

Comment

Originally posted by LetmeInDamnIt View Post
                              another mediocre sports tracker. Not enough users, stuff not staying seeded.

Cant even customize your profile to display more than 15 torrents at once....

Move along, 20 mediocre sports trackers, not one great one
                              That was sort of the conclusion I was getting to after reading countless sports tracker reviews last night too. Seems like *maybe* TenYardTorrents was good for NFL and CFL, and maybe The Sports Torrent Network was the best general sports tracker otherwise.

Can anyone comment if any of the TV trackers or General trackers are good at getting NFL and NHL games out to seed quickly??

Comment

Working...
                              X