• Show
Clear All

• [Learning] BitMe (BM) Review

BitMe (BM) Review 2011

Tracker Name: BitMe.ORG

Tracker's URL: BitMe.ORG

Signup URL : BitMe.ORG

Tracker Type: E-Learning

Tracker Birthday: 2004-11-21 (October 21. 2004)

BitMe.ORG is an E-Learning torrent tracker, with torrents like: E-learning/Training/Instructional videos, instructional e-books or audiobooks,(technical, self-help, etc.) No comics, e-novels, documentaries (including documentaries from PBS, BBC, and Discovery), college lectures/courses, design plugins, web design templates, stock photos/images/fonts, multimedia production volumes/models

Logo:

Home/News:

Tracker Stats:

Torrent Categories:

Browse Page:

Freeleech:

Freeleech does not occur regularly, it only occurs for special, occasional instances.
    Oct-21-11 - BIRTHDAY FREELEECHHello to all of our wonderful BitMe members!

It is BitMe's birthday again and to help celebrate we are going to have freeleech starting now through sometime on Monday.

Please help us celebrate and share the good stuff, be kind and seed what you can until there are plenty of other seeders.

Happy birthday BitMe and thank you loyal members for being here to make it happen.

//Staff

[Update #1] The earlier problem has been resolved and freeleech is now working as it should.

[Update #2] FreeLeech is now over but we will be doing double upload for the next 48 hours...

[Update #3] FreeLeech and Double Upload are now finished ... Happy Birthday BitMe!

Forums:

Rules:

Bonus System:

N/A

Userclasses/Promotion:

Invite System:

How do invites work?

Invites are given to qualified members so that they may invite their friends to become members of BitMe. The staff evaluates accounts and makes decisions on who it feels is qualified to receive invites. There is no guarantee that invites will be received in association with any user class, promotion, performance, or tenure. A member's invite allocation status may change at any time at the staff's discretion.

Invites are not given out immediately upon promotion; for ANY class. They are allocated automatically to eligible members every 30 days.

Only Power Users and up are qualified to receive invites. Members who have at least Power User status and who have not already received invites may request them from the staff. Such requests may be fulfilled or rejected at the staff's discretion. Questioning the staff's decision or complaining about lack of invites will result in permanent disqualification to receive invites.

When giving invites, be sure that it is someone you trust to be a good member of BitMe.

When requesting or offering invites, do not offer or request invites in trade. Invites are not a medium of exchange; they are only to be offered freely with nothing anticipated in return, other than the good behavior of the invitee.
    IRC Details:
    Does BitMe.ORG have an IRC channel?

Yes! Visit
    irc.bitme.org #bitme,
    or use the webchat on the BitMe.ORG web site.

For an IRC channel which is dedicated to help with the site, user accounts, and torrent issues, visit:
    irc.bitme.org #bitme.help

If you are a member, you are welcome to join BitMe's Members Only channels. See this link for instructions on how to do so.
    Donation System/ Page:

Ratings & Personal Commentary:

Content:
    4/5
    Speed: 4/5
    Torrent availability: 3/5
    Pre-times:
    N/A
    Forum:
    4/5
    IRC activity:
    N/A

Bitme is useful, there is no doubt about that. It also has content in some areas that is not as easy to find elsewhere. However, it is often called the "best elearning tracker", often by people who are simply repeating what they hear, or by people whose opinion is not based in fact.

The reality is that the overall volume of content on Bitme (14,000 torrents, spread over many categories) is nothing to write home about. Much of the content, such as TTC (the teaching channel), Lynda.com products, or popular applications, are easily found on Demonoid (why waste ratio on a more private tracker when you can get it from demonoid), or even public trackers.

Health/fitness, lifestyle, business, and religion/occult are dominated by the specialty .bz trackers. With over 80,000 torrents between theoccult, theplace, thegeeks, and the vault, the numbers speak for themselves.

However, in other areas, Bitme is more useful. When searching for large number random DIY BitMe torrents, I only found a fraction of them on Demonoid and Bibliotik, which shows that it does have content that is not as readily available. While much of its content is readily found elsewhere, unlike some of the more specialized trackers, it still enough to offer to make it a useful addition to your elearning list.

Again, BitMe is a good tracker to have on your list of trackers to search through. However, it is not the ultimate elearning tracker as many would have you believe. ( Source : BitMe (BM) Review )

Old Reviews:
    2010:
    http://www.torrent-invites.com/track...bm-review.html
    2011:
    BitMe (BM) Review

No spam! This includes comments like "I can't wait to get an invite" and"great review." Use the Like/Rep buttons to express your appreciation.

Only reply if you have something substantial to contribute. Short replies like "one of my favorites" or "great tracker" are not welcome and will result in an infraction and/or deletion of your post. Always provide a detailed explanation why you like or dislike a tracker.

Last edited by KYLLAH; November 25, 2011, 04:45 PM.
    Im not active right now, Ill make a comeback later.. Meanwhile have fun and take care. Best Regards KYLLAH.

HDBits.org Request

Rules
    | FAQ | How to Give an iGiver | Ratio Proof Tutorial

q8]~~

Your connection can't be behind a transparent proxy to be able to sign in (I believe that is something only your ISP can help you with...), I received an invite for bitme and couldn't sign up for that reason, I think this is important for people to know this before requesting or applying to giveaways. Either that or my country (Mexico) is banned.

Comment

Originally posted by Maelstrom View Post
      Your connection can't be behind a transparent proxy to be able to sign in (I believe that is something only your ISP can help you with...), I received an invite for bitme and couldn't sign up for that reason, I think this is important for people to know this before requesting or applying to giveaways. Either that or my country (Mexico) is banned.
      yes you are right !!
      eitherway, my favorite e-learning tracker !

Comment

I definitely fell into "best e-learning site" trap. While BitMe, is a huge site. As a med student, I found it lacking in the material I needed. I found more useful medical texts from demonoid and library.nu than BitMe.

Comment

I would like to join this site in the future, which is why i am reading the review, but i would also suggest as an engineering student that library.nu has almost everything that i have tried to find. If i haven't found it there, i usually can't at all. I'm very interested in adding trackers like this to my list, and hopefully will be a member soon!
          Thanks for the review, i will keep this in mind in the future!

Comment

The connection has timed out
            The server at www.bitme.org is taking too long to respond.

Has anyone this problem?

Comment

Bitme has been down the last few days. They're moving servers

Comment

Nice review. And yeas, the site has been like a rollercoaster. Hopefully it will be back soon.

Comment

good deal. Heard great reviews on the e-stuff. Looking forward to them back up

Comment

hard to reach site ,, thnx for the review

Comment

The site is excellent for e-learning nothing beats it, hands down!

Comment

Originally posted by rainman123 View Post
                        I would like to join this site in the future, which is why i am reading the review, but i would also suggest as an engineering student that library.nu has almost everything that i have tried to find. If i haven't found it there, i usually can't at all.
                        Now when library.nu is closed, is there any decent alternative to it?

Comment

Originally posted by sidr View Post
                          Now when library.nu is closed, is there any decent alternative to it?
                          Take a look at here: http://www.torrent-invites.com/bitto...ernatives.html
                          The search function is golden.
                          sigpic
                          If you need help feel free to PM me, but keep in mind that asking for an invite is not considered help.

Comment

Was a member once ... Beats all other e-learning sites hands down. Just brilliant !

Comment

I must say I love this trackers content but I think the mods are a little overbearing with weird rules. For example all torrents are deleted after 90 days even if there are active downloaders and uploaders. Also you may not seed more than your user class allows. A noob can't seed more than 2 torrents. A user no more than 5. A power user is limited to 20. A vip is limited to 30. I understand the logic behind these rules but all of he other trackers seem to deal with these issues just fine. It seems to limit the number of seeders goes against the whole idea of the sharing community. I love bitme but if they weren't the king of elearning then I would have left them a long time ago. I know bitspyder has none of these rules and gets by just fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X