No announcement yet.

MyAnonamouse.net | MyA | eLearning | 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love my MyA, I got my invite about 1 month ago and I am A power user with 100GB uploaded already + the users and the forums are high quality
    A MyA invite is worth 100 igivers IMO.

Comment

Been on board for just under a week, have found it easy enough to build up some ratio. Content variety has been excellent with Audiobooks available for most titles I've looked for (not that I use them - too slow). Only criticism I have is some content is marked as VIP only, looked into donating which is relatively complicated compared to others with limited options for payment.

Comment

Originally posted by HRose View Post
        Well I have to agree that this tracker is a pretty good private tracker for those that want to get started in one. If you like to read its even better as it has a wide selection and is pretty active.

In terms of seeding just grabbing some of the freeleech as they come online is a good thing as it allows you to build up ratio - particularly for those with a mid to fast connection and/ or seedbox.

The bonus point system is very good as well - make sure you put your name into the intro thread and say hi and you'll get folks gifting you bonus points to get you started. You also get bonsus points for tuning into their IRC (leave it up and bonus points accrue). You also get BPS for just seeding even if you have no leechers (this works great for small individual books as its not based on size, I believe). These points as noted can be turned in to turn around negative ratio or just to increase your buffer.

I've only been on it for my first full weeks and already have great ratio / buffer just from freeleech assisting and my bonsus points are almost max.

The issue with the seedbox is that MyA uses IP security to track and lock the IP location of login party to the seed / leecher. So, for instance if you login on your home machine you seedbox can't download and seed (MyA doesn't recognize the box). There are 2 ways around the issue.

1. The first is to hit up the mods and let them know you want to add the IP of the seedbox
        2. The do it your self method is to use (its approved by MyA although not preferred) a http header modifier. This modifies the IP info passed to MyA from you browsing machine to be the same IP as your seedbox. This way you can browse for content and torrents all you want but, still have the seedbox rolling. Here are a couple of header modifiers:

Chrome -> Header Hacker (extension)
        Firefox -> Modify Header (add-on)

Notice from MyA: http://www.myanonamouse.net/headers.php

Here is an example of how to use it on the Firefox version.

Choose either one of these options and seedboxing with MyA is a breeze, I am testing a box out now with it and it's been going fine.

Hope that helps!
        Great review HRose.
        I have only had my invite for a short period and have found MyA to have a very inviting and friendly feel. Nice when your only new to the private tracking scene.
        Content wise looks like MyA has a good selection and it seems like people are actively uploading all the time, still have some searching to do but looks good. The VIP lock outs on some d/ls... not sure I like that, but hell I am only a newbie I'll have to see what and why it's all about before I fully comment on that one. The members are certainly active with things happening, competitions, lottos, games etc giving the site some energy and life.
        Glad I got an invite to this one thanks Kvothe...

SAyite

Comment

can somebody please comment on the foreign content of this tracker? Im especially looking for technical ebooks in german and spanish.

Thanks ;-)

Comment

There are quite a few Spanish and some German language books and files but most are learning the language type of media or history of the countries. What type of ebooks specifically are you looking for? I'll let you know if they have anything along the lines of what you are looking for. :)

Comment

Originally posted by tbradsha1 View Post
              There are quite a few Spanish and some German language books and files but most are learning the language type of media or history of the countries. What type of ebooks specifically are you looking for? I'll let you know if they have anything along the lines of what you are looking for. :)
              especially stuff about information technogly and electrical engineering for my studies ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by oreja View Post
                especially stuff about information technogly and electrical engineering for my studies ;-)
                Ha awesome that's the field I'm going into right now for school too!

Well just checked for you and although there are a ton of engineering books and computer science stuff there is only a small amount of those books that are offered in Spanish or German. As for video tutorials and files there were only a couple offered.

I actually have a giveaway here if you'd like to check it out:

http://www.torrent-invites.com/10-gi...gb-upload.html

Comment

Very nice tracker with many great books and a nice community. Getting VIP is not so hard, just gotta get enough bonus points for it, and keeping a good ratio is also quite easy. Good place to start.

Comment

I gotta pipe in. I was turned off of the whole torrent 'community' after getting blasted with attitude....until I found torrent-invites and got into MAM. Everyone was chill from the get-go. I freaked in the beginning because the handful of freeleeches they offered were getting no downloads (so my uploads..). I figured out IRC and popped on there and asked for advice ... they threw enough bonus points at me to 'buy' my ratio so I could meet the initial 2-week requirement (it might have changed since). Since then, they've offered enough global freeleech periods so I could get some content and keep my ratio smokin'. You get bonus points for seeding - after I realized I went WAY over my ISPs limit and learned about throttling (hehe), about every week (vs every few hours) I'll max out and gift points to the newbies who introduce themselves. Pay it back, pay it forward, keep respectful and positive - I'm very pleased with the culture there. :)

And you can buy VIP access for 30 days w/ bonus points - they limit you from doing it back-to-back after like 3, but if you queue up what you want it's not a problem.

I've actually asked for a dead torrent to be seeded in the designated forum and sure enough, a couple days later, it was seeded. Now when I get emails to seed something I've filed away I jump on it :)

Lots of science books too, neuroscience and biology come up in one of my RSSs.

I was "that person" who was leeching the books/audio I uploaded.. I was on linux and was having problems getting connectable (not the most common OS), so it wasn't registering me as the originator. I took an OS update that ate my graphics so that problem has been solved for me :P After a month of rescuing files I'm finally getting organized on Win7 and uTorrent so hopefully it can look like I uploaded something now! Not sure if TI is the same, but they don't allow tixati.

The search/usability isn't all that, but it's workable once you figure things out. The content is getting more diverse by the day too :)

Comment

wow, thats fast man, i have difficulty seeding at mya, wonder how did you reach 100GB in such a short time, care to give some tips huh?
                      Originally posted by SteviLGenius View Post
                      I love my MyA, I got my invite about 1 month ago and I am A power user with 100GB uploaded already + the users and the forums are high quality
                      A MyA invite is worth 100 igivers IMO.

Comment

I see that if you want to use a seedbox you have to tell the MAM staff to add in seedbox's IP for you. What if you are using BTGuard or a proxy? How do you solve the problem of the browser IP not being the same as the torrent IP?

Comment

Originally posted by droplets View Post
                          wow, thats fast man, i have difficulty seeding at mya, wonder how did you reach 100GB in such a short time, care to give some tips huh?
                          I have since doubled and am about 200GBs now.
                          Grab 100 torrents and let them seed 24-7, After A week spend All the bonus on upload credit, Between seeding and bonus you'll be there in no time

Comment

i too have been having trouble actually "uploading" at MyA, however their bonus points are a life saver and as a result have an ok ratio... otherwise would have had to say goodbye to a great tracker.
                            Thanks for the advice stevilgenius, will try it out.

Comment

Also remember to see everything at MYA for 72 hours / .5 ratio (whichever comes first) or else you'll get a hit & run warning. But you can clear your warnings with your bonus points.

Comment

Originally posted by wcxdatx View Post
                                I see that if you want to use a seedbox you have to tell the MAM staff to add in seedbox's IP for you. What if you are using BTGuard or a proxy? How do you solve the problem of the browser IP not being the same as the torrent IP?

Just ask the staff to add your BTguard or Proxy as seedbox. But tell them that its not a seedbox but a proxy you intend to use. They will oblige.

Comment

Working...
                                X