No announcement yet.

MyAnonamouse.net | MyA | eLearning | 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The people there are so gosh-darned nice! A user had seen that I'd downloaded 3 of a series of books, and PMed me to let me know she'd uploaded the fourth! Now that's an impressive community.

As others have said, it's easy to maintain a good ratio. Initially, it's worth downloading the freeleach stuff and seeding for a while - the freeleach doesn't go on to your ratio, so it's a win/win, when it comes to seeding and ratio.

Bonus points can be traded for ratio, and you get 0.5 points per torrent you seed per hour [I think], so it's very easy to rack these up.

It's a very nice site, well maintained and the community is very nice. Highly recommended.

Comment

I would to grab that audio books with good stories might amuse my friends

Comment

MAM is quickly becoming one of my favorite trackers. Books are notoriously bad torrents. Typical ebook is a megabyte or 2, with a quick download. So, it's typically very hard to keep a decent ratio on audio books alone.

MAM has a VERY generous bonus system to convert into upload credit. In addition, a lot of the older members of MAM will gift new members with their extra bonus points. I think I received somewhere around 6000 bonus points within 48 hours. That's the equivalent of 60 GB of upload credit. You can also use bonus points for VIP status or invites.

They are picky about IPs and accounts. Two people in your house must share the same account. You have to let them know if you're going to use a seed box as well. If audiobooks or books are your thing, MAM is a definite tracker to be a part of. I do have invites available, but because I get judged if the new member doesn't use their account properly, you must be willing to use it appropriately. PM me for invite. Please send your tracker proof as well as speed proof.

Comment

Hi thanks for the review. I have a few questions.

1. Does this tracker have e-books that can be loaded in ipad?
          2. My GF reads books all the time like twilight, harry potter etc.. does this tracker has those books.

Sorry i don't much about books but want to download stuff for my GF and impress her ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by iambilla View Post
            Hi thanks for the review. I have a few questions.

1. Does this tracker have e-books that can be loaded in ipad?
            2. My GF reads books all the time like twilight, harry potter etc.. does this tracker has those books.

Sorry i don't much about books but want to download stuff for my GF and impress her ;-)
            1) Yes, they have a ton of stuff that you can read on your iPad. In fact, I can't think of any ebook file formats that the iPad doesn't support (but then, even if you find one, you can always use Calibre to convert the file to a format your iPad recognizes)

2) Yes, MAM has loads of the Twilight/Harry Potter/other YA-type books. At the moment, they list 1,022 YA offerings (but, depending on the books, they're sometimes categorized under romance, sci-fi, fiction, kids', etc.).

Personally, I love MAM - they have a wide variety of casual-entertainment and eLearning books, and everyone is just so *nice*! Hope this helps!

Comment

This tracker is certainly unique. Not because it has torrents that cannot be found elsewhere, although it does have an extensive ebook collection and probably some titles that are exclusive here. It's due to how gosh darn hard it is to use a seedbox and, well no other way to put this, outdated means of tracking. They don't use a unique passkey for members so you are identified by your IP address. And that means that trying to get a seedbox working here is down right difficult. It's possible, but very very very difficult.

The members are very active on the forum and it's easy to get someone to help you. And as others have said their bonus system is very generous, which you will need to keep your ratio in good shape (but it's super easy to do that). Another really annoying thing is their site is often exceptionally slow (they must be running off a Commodore64 or something). Seriously, it's that slow.

It's not a big deal and this is a pretty specialized tracker, not to mention it's usually very easy to get into. It's sort of like going to your local library. The people there are calm and quiet and generally very polite and helpful, but also about 10 years behind everyone else in terms of technology.

Comment

I figured after being on there for about a Month i could write a Review.

I joined MyAnonamouse because i wanted an e-book Tracker, and that is certainly what i got. They have a large variety of books, but to me it seems that the Fiction section is the most prominent. I may be mistaken here, but i could not find as many e-learning books as i would have thought.
                The community is the nicest i have ever seen in a tracker, very active IRC, nice mods, always helpful. Nothing bad to say about that!
                And finally, it must be the easiest tracker to seed ever. Just by having a Tab open which is logged to their IRC, i accumulated so many points that my Ratio is somewhere between 50 and 60. Quite nice i must say =)

That wraps it up, I guess the Tracker is a good start for anyone looking for ebooks and a nice, helpful community!

Comment

What does this tracker have in terms of non-fiction? I'm not talking about just software tutorials and self-improvement books ("The Science of Success" and the like), but more of what you would find on a shelf at your local library. That's what I'm really looking for.

Also, does it have much in the way of a religion section (more specifically, Christianity)? That's what I'm studying right now but there are precious few e-books on the subject out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Maple Fudge View Post
                    What does this tracker have in terms of non-fiction? I'm not talking about just software tutorials and self-improvement books ("The Science of Success" and the like), but more of what you would find on a shelf at your local library. That's what I'm really looking for.

Also, does it have much in the way of a religion section (more specifically, Christianity)? That's what I'm studying right now but there are precious few e-books on the subject out there.

Yes they do have a Political/Social/Religion section with a lot of eBooks. Regarding the non-fiction genres, here's a list : Art, Biography, Business, General non-fiction, Food, Magazines & Newspapers, Medical/Technical, Nature, Philosophy, Language.

Oh, and they're making the invites 10 times costlier(bonus points -wise) and available only to power users, starting Jan 2nd week.
                    Thanks shadowbuild for the VIP ! And to all of you in T-I who've helped me sofar !

sigpic

KNIGHT OF HIGH HOUSE DARK

My monthly GA: 2 X IPT | 1 X HD-MKV | 5 X MyA

Comment

Originally posted by AnomanderRake View Post
                      Yes they do have a Political/Social/Religion section with a lot of eBooks. Regarding the non-fiction genres, here's a list : Art, Biography, Business, General non-fiction, Food, Magazines & Newspapers, Medical/Technical, Nature, Philosophy, Language.

Oh, and they're making the invites 10 times costlier(bonus points -wise) and available only to power users, starting Jan 2nd week.
                      Thanks! I guess I'd better get in while I can, then.

Comment

Are there a lot of books that would be useful to a computer programmer? .NET, Javascript, Java, SQL, ETC? I'm mainly looking for those types alongside a very few select fiction books (that I can see they have plenty of) Thanks in advance! Looks to be a very nice tracker thus far

BTW I saw where people mentioned e-learning and software books above but it wasn't specific to what I'm looking for. Please ignore if you see this as being repetitive.

Comment

Originally posted by CISCO_1990 View Post
                          Are there a lot of books that would be useful to a computer programmer? .NET, Javascript, Java, SQL, ETC? I'm mainly looking for those types alongside a very few select fiction books (that I can see they have plenty of) Thanks in advance! Looks to be a very nice tracker thus far

BTW I saw where people mentioned e-learning and software books above but it wasn't specific to what I'm looking for. Please ignore if you see this as being repetitive.

They definitely have computer programming books, but I'm not sure whether MyA is the best place to look for such books. If you provide a few specific titles, I can have a look for you.

Comment

Originally posted by macprivateer View Post
                            This tracker is certainly unique. Not because it has torrents that cannot be found elsewhere, although it does have an extensive ebook collection and probably some titles that are exclusive here. It's due to how gosh darn hard it is to use a seedbox and, well no other way to put this, outdated means of tracking. They don't use a unique passkey for members so you are identified by your IP address. And that means that trying to get a seedbox working here is down right difficult. It's possible, but very very very difficult.

Really? I' haven't been on there for long and have had no problems using a seedbox - as long as you let them know about the seedbox (and use it exclusively), it seems fine. I've managed to upload heaps in only a matter of days.

Just noticed your post was a few weeks old so maybe it's improved since then. Anyway I have found this tracker to be fantastic, and a real community feel. Great for e-books and audiobooks, as others have said, predominantly in the fiction area, but some non-fiction too. Ratio is easy to maintain, though it probably helped joining in the the New Year freeleech period!

Xavier74

Comment

@CISCO_1990 You might want to take a look at CertKnowledge .::. Index
                              This reply system dosn't like firefox i think...

Comment

Originally posted by Vanderbilt View Post
                                They definitely have computer programming books, but I'm not sure whether MyA is the best place to look for such books. If you provide a few specific titles, I can have a look for you.
                                That's exactly what I needed to know. Thanks for the reply

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Originally posted by Lagging View Post
                                @CISCO_1990 You might want to take a look at CertKnowledge .::. Index
                                This reply system dosn't like firefox i think...
                                Thanks! Never heard of that before I'll definitely give it a shot

Comment

Working...
                                X