This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iptorrents new seeding rules

I noticed that iptorrents changed the seeding rules so every single torrent has to be seeded 1:1 or you have to donate or eat away on you upload to "zap" the download. Seeding for two weeks used to be enough. Then it wouldn't count as hit and run if you stopped seeding after that.

So now it's gonna be a lot harder to build up a good buffer. You cannot just download huge freeleeches and fix your ratio by seeding that for a few weeks unless you're prepared to seed it forever if you were only able to seed say 20 % of a 200 Gig torrent unless you want to take another 160 Gig hit on the upload buffer.

Am I missing something or is this done to make more people "donate"?

A Tracker that is more interested on the bottom dollar than file sharing. This is just another way to get into your pocket, ipt has been a for profit site for the longest it is about time people realize it.

My opinion let the site die so that others do not follow suit
    only the shadow knows the evil in the hearts of men

Comment

Originally posted by 3lr0nd View Post
      I noticed that iptorrents changed the seeding rules so every single torrent has to be seeded 1:1 or you have to donate or eat away on you upload to "zap" the download. Seeding for two weeks used to be enough. Then it wouldn't count as hit and run if you stopped seeding after that.

So now it's gonna be a lot harder to build up a good buffer. You cannot just download huge freeleeches and fix your ratio by seeding that for a few weeks unless you're prepared to seed it forever if you were only able to seed say 20 % of a 200 Gig torrent unless you want to take another 160 Gig hit on the upload buffer.

Am I missing something or is this done to make more people "donate"?
      I think it has been like this for a long time. This is not new. Whether you seed it for 2 hours or 2 weeks, if the ratio is not 1:1 then you have to "ZAP" the torrent.

Comment

Originally posted by smallgoat View Post
        I think it has been like this for a long time. This is not new. Whether you seed it for 2 hours or 2 weeks, if the ratio is not 1:1 then you have to "ZAP" the torrent.
        Until recently you could just stop seeding after 336 hours. You could however also zap it before. Now you have to seed everything 1:1 no matter what. Of course that is impossible for everyone by definition so someone will have to donate for the calculation to sum up.

Comment

I can still seed torrents for two weeks, and regardless of ratio on the file still don't get a seeding needed notice.

I prefer TD for many reasons stated here. Same owner, and they still ask for money, but it's a lot more low key. I honestly hardly ever use IPT.

Comment

You can?
            They changed all the docs to say every single torrent must be seeded 1:1 and the remaining required seed time for torrents that require seeding is not shown anymore. Did you perhaps seed the torrents above the 1:1 ratio? If not you might still be able to stop seeding after two weeks despite the revised docs stating you must seed everything 1:1.

Comment

Hey, kinda busy but quickly wanted to say that I had something over two weeks being seeded that got marked as a deleted torrent pay 50 pts, luckily I now have quite a few points and almost have reached a TB of data uploaded and I have a seed box so won't have to worry about it. But it was annoying.

So, yes it is happening. I will test with one that has seeded three weeks later on.

Comment

I asked someone and they say the 336 hours rule (two weeks) is indeed still in place so you should be able to stop seeding after that and without getting a H&R. I will test whether it is the case though because I cannot find the rule in their docs anymore and I zapped something that I knew would never get seeded 1:1 for the same reason.

Edit: I found something digging around ther docs some more: IPT.
                Point 9 directly states that seeding a 100% downloaded torrent for 336 hours will make it not count as a H&R even if you uploaded 0 bits in return.
                Last edited by 3lr0nd; April 15, 2016, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Isn't this an old news?.

Comment

[MENTION=239343]Civilian[/MENTION], which one?

Being able to zap torrents and the requirement to seed 1:1 are old news. But the fact that maybe you're not able to avoid H&R by seeding 336 hours anymore is a new thing if it's correct.
                    However supposedly the rule is still valid but some folks seem to report it's not working like that anymore plus the 336 hours rule is hard to find on the site. I'll test it myself too.

Comment

Originally posted by 3lr0nd View Post
                      @Civilian , which one?

Being able to zap torrents and the requirement to seed 1:1 are old news. But the fact that maybe you're not able to avoid H&R by seeding 336 hours anymore is a new thing if it's correct.
                      However supposedly the rule is still valid but some folks seem to report it's not working like that anymore plus the 336 hours rule is hard to find on the site. I'll test it myself too.
                      If true, I didn't see any announcement on the main page about this.

Silent rule update?.

Comment

The post about the 336 hour rule being in effect is still on the announcement forum. It doesn't appear to have been edited for months.

Comment

For me IPT is a double edged sword, Its played a big role in the freeing of digital content ( im guessing 60-80 percent of smaller sites source from there), but its become lost in the whirlpool of capitalism. cold and unforgiving unless you can donate.

Only winners like playing monopoly
                          Last edited by SUpper; April 16, 2016, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Ok, guys so by accident I overloaded my seedbox (I am new to using a seedbox and overwhelmed with school), so I just deleted several files from IPT that were seeded one:one and those that were over two weeks old and they did not ding me for the ones that were not fully seeded. By the way some of them had no upload data at all even though they were on a seedbox. Thought this would be of interest. That one file must of been a fluke.

Comment

Originally posted by nmptrent View Post
                              The post about the 336 hour rule being in effect is still on the announcement forum. It doesn't appear to have been edited for months.

Makes sense. I dont look at forum.

Comment

Working...
                              X