Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turinga
    replied
    I paid attention to the diagonal of the screen, and it should be suitable for me. I didn't look at the TVs specifically with weather protection, as I knew I could use the protection for the TV. These are special cases like on the phone, which fully protect from weather conditions like this one https://www.amazon.com/Garnetics-Out.../dp/B076H3HN2R

Leave a comment:

• djeeepz
    replied
    Morethan.tv News

My amazing friends and dear community,

Already posted this on a thread but I have been thinking will be better to post it on the news. Since we passed another milestone (1 mil snatches) you can see the last site stats on the forum.

Wanted to talk with you guys about the development.
    The failure of V1 is totally my fault ( LaZx ) because I have been thinking working on a source like Gazelle to hardcode it, would be a good solution, seems good solution at that time. But, Gazelle is a pain in the ass (excuse my French) and like I said before when we made thistracker which you guys basically transformed it in one of the attractive trackers, we said just one man will have access to the main server. Since that man it's a security expert, he believed the security should come primarily and it's always has been like that. I mean, you guys saw how much DDOS attacks MTV survived with minimum downtime?

If we didn't work or couldn't work on Gazelle how you wanted this doesn't mean we didn't do anything for the site. I mean, that's what's matters? A site to look excellent and that's all? Are we not in P2P? Not the content and the community should matter? People never asked what happens behind, how we survived those attacks, how we paid month by month not only the main servers and backup servers (yeah, we have servers for backup) seedservers, secured a ftpaxx so can you guys don't miss nothing and have on first-hand everything that comes out from scene. I mean, just look at the expenses thread, the donation doesn't cover even 10% from that amount, and we didn't say anything about it and we will not do it even now because we take this commitment, we have not been forced to do it and we will never ask for people to donate for MTV to survive.

Don't get me wrong, this is not rage, I don't blame anyone or saying about someone else. This site, this community has been built on trust and I have a feeling that trust in us is not available anymore from some of you guys. I'm wrong? Gosh I hope I do!
    If you call staff, you call them users, because even we had the choice to have experienced staffers from other trackers. We choose to take users from our community, respected users and ask them to help us administrate the tracker, and TBH this worked like a charm. I'm delighted to say I love our staff, these guys are amazing, all of them came here not know too much about administrating but I look at them now and I can't believe how good they are. They don't abuse, they treat everyone equally and they understand the most important thing atMTV : Every user vote counts. This is why from day one, we voted for everything. Yeah, we couldn't do the promotion and bonus points so far, but that doesn't mean the vote has been for nothing. That will be done, how we said one year ago "We are here to stay, with 10k users, or 1000 users." I'm personally grateful I had the honor to administrate this tracker and see how you guys make it grow up clean and nice and I really hope the development of the site will not change anything here because I will repeat, we are here to stay.

To end this drama of mine, because this has been my personal point of view I want to make an announcement:
    We will end the work at v1 and we will put all our resources on the new source. A few pictures you will find on this blog post thread. And with the help of Joe (thanks) who put all your suggestions one by one in one thread, we will put it to vote so can you guys can choose what it's priority and what's not. More details you will find on that thread. Maybe some of you will be disappointed now and will ask: "Why stop?". I will give you one good reason, Gazelle doesn't worth it. We prefer to code it a little and work at the same time at new source which will be from SCRATCH our source, build by pro devs even if some of them we will need to pay and this time, we will bring it to the end because this time we have a plan, and something to work on.

In the end, I want to apologize again for disappointment, and take all the blame on me and I completely understand if you guys will be get frustrated & disappointed. But I promise you, I and the rest of the staff will never give up on a new web 3.0 site and we will continue to bring you the best and the fastest content available.

I want to personally thanks to all users who stick with us from day one, new users which remained here and didn't treat this tracker as a back-up . Special thanks to Vincent, all DRACULA team, Mollie and all friendly trackers.
    This blog post will have a thread so you guys can tell your disappointment or ask me anything you want. I want to apologize aswell for my gramar mistakes ( if they are ) and if you guys haven't understand something, just ask me @ thread.

With all my respect and love,
    LaZx

Later edit:

I didn't want to include this in my original message since it's been written from all my heart, but recently some "P2P staffers" from a certain TV tracker, try to bash MTV, day by day on Reddit. I will give them a short answer:
    You will not get users by DDoS or bashing other trackers, you will get users by trusting them, having a connection, considering them as a part of a family, and understand they put their privacy/security in your hands. They don't care if a site is "cool", they just want to feel secure and have a safe heaven to download and socialize.

We will never act like that and we will never bash another tracker. We wish them all success, inclusive to this certainty. "Comrades".

Leave a comment:

• lukel
    replied
    Morethan.tv update news

Regarding New Tracker/Announce URL :
    we already announced that we added another announce url which you can find it in your profile
    and also announced that The work it's still in progress so at the moment autodl-irssi and RSS doesn't work but should be fixed

here some updates:
    UPDATE 1 :
    Back to old announce until the bug it's fixed. You will probably see your announce in other people profiles, but don't worry, nobody can see yours, you just have a mirror of your announce, nothing more.

UPDATE 2 :
    Back to devel for more testing regarding autodl software. Revert to old announce until bug it's fixed

Leave a comment:

• lukel
    replied
    Morethan.tv News

Dear Friends,

Today we added another announce url which you can find it in your profile. We did this for cases where CF could stop the connections between tracker and client.
    So, now when you download a torrent, you will have automatically two announce url's, one with CF and one without CF, which should correct any errors between tracker and client.
    The work it's still in progress so at the moment autodl-irssi and RSS doesn't work but should be fixed today.
    We are sorry for the inconvenience, we know how much you guys rely on autodl.
    Have a nice weekend!

Leave a comment:

• 0V_V0
    replied
    Dear friends,

Invites are now open for all classes, again. You will have one month (four weeks) to send the invites, to whoever you feel like. After the month, the rules voted by you regarding invites will be enforced. Which also includes the invites being removed from the market, but you will still be able to send out invites by sending a staff message.
    The accounts who haven't been used more than two months, will be disabled by a script which will run once at 6 months.

//Staff

Leave a comment:

• Super8
    replied
    MoreThan.TV :News

We are already a couple weeks into 2016 and itís time to forget about vacations, drinking, eating, partying and get back to work. We had some issues with the scene autoupload bot which is currently being solved now.

We want to apologize again for the v1 delay, I know it looks bad that we havenít held our promise here but this was unfortunately not in our control. To cut this short the DEVs which promised to deliver did not so this got delayed yet again.
    Because of this we decided to open DEV applications again so if someone from the community wants to join now is the time to do so (Thank you in advance!).

Previous applicants who joined were very lackadaisical and only came to help for a few days for reasons unknown.
    Any DEV who wants to help will not get access to users related information (ip's, email's, history, etc.), so do not apply with the intention to gain access to these things. The development platform is runnning on a stripped database which does not contain any sensitive information. The reason behind this is to protect our userbase and not to restrict the developers. If you want to apply for a DEV position only to get access to our code base or the users info don't bother.

The most important thing is that we will start working on our own platform. It's good that we have a working platform but Gazelle is a mess and hard to work on (especially if you are a TV/Movie tracker).
    While we work on v1 so people can enjoy that, we will also work hand in hand on a new platform which we hope to deploy in the summer. This may look weird because instead on focusing on one project we try to finish 2 at the same time but rest asure this was well planned and the resources will not overlap. The new platform will not be written in PHP which means another group of developers, some of them already commited, will work on it).
    Dev recruiment thread here.

In conclusion, we want to ask for your forgiveness again, and we hope in the mean time you will enjoy the content of the site and trust us like you have the past year.

PS: The invites will be open again soon for all users (except runner class) and implemented how we discussed together in the invite poll thread.

Leave a comment:

• lukel
    replied
    Morethan.tv News

Like the title says.....

Happy New Year 2015!!
    Ups, 2016 i wanted to say, i hope you guys will not need to edit too many documents when you go back to work.

We wish you all the best in the world! And never forget, sharing is caring!

Leave a comment:

• lukel
    replied
    Morethan.TV NEWS

UPDATE : Holidays interviews are closed. Welcome to new members, we wish you to find a new home here. If you need any assistance don't forget to PM any staffer or post on forum, the community will help!

Leave a comment:

• lukel
    replied
    MoreThan.TV : News

MTV Recruitment

Hey guys,

Hope you all had a great Christmas! The holidays are a time of giving back to people who have helped support you through the past year.
    Because of this we have decided as a community to open our doors for new members one last time before the holidays are over.
    The recruitment channel will be open for the next three days for anyone who wants to get in. So tell your friends,
    tell your family, tell your enemies to get in here while they still can!
    Please remember it is the holidays so we may not be able to respond immediately, be patient and we will respond when weíre available. Thank you!

Here's the info you may need :

http://widget.mibbit.com/?settings=9...an.tv-holidays

Or via irc client.

Server : irc.morethan.tv Channel #morethan.tv-holidays

You will need also to use pastebin since there will be an interview.

The interview period will be betwewn December 28th-31st, 2015

Leave a comment:

• lukel
    replied
    MoreThan.TV: News

Happy Holidays from morethan.tv!

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

After over a year, we will be spending our first Christmas together. Usually at this time of the year, something is copy and pasted from the internet and mailed to you. We have decided to go one step further and we hope you enjoy our simple words from the heart.

First off, we would like to wish you, your friends, your family, even your enemies a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year (and belated Hanukkah). We hope you find you strength, health and peace these holidays, because those are the most important things in life. Love your families, love your kids, and love your pets. They are so important and will be there for you through good and bad.

Now... back to the tracker. I'm very happy as we managed to do something that others usually don't care about. We managed to run this tracker together. We didn't have any arguments arise about what we've been doing, and we're all in this together and we hope the following years to continue this. As expected we've also had some issues, like slow development. So I'd like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for staying with us, even those who could have gone to another tracker with more features, or traders. But look at us now, we are stronger than ever and we have a bright future in front of us.

I would like to take a moment to discuss your accounts as this mass email will be sent to all users, active or not. All accounts, inactive for more than two months will be deleted (NOT disabled) starting after the holidays. You CANNOT recover your account afterwards. That's it.

Thanks again for sticking with us, we have a lot of surprises around the corner and we're keeping our fingers crossed that Santa himself can deliver a few of them! All our staffers have created a personal message for the users, which you can find on our home page. Enjoy the holidays!

With love,

morethan.tv staff
    Last edited by lukel; December 24, 2015, 05:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Olper
    replied
    MoreThan.TV : News

Christmas Theme

We are sorry we couldn't provide a better theme but

since the work on V1 still going on has been hard to modify it again to original theme.

So who wants a little Christmas spirit just change to mtv_light_gloss.

Leave a comment:

• noAH78
    replied

Dear friends,

With the success of our last community vote which decided our new promotion system, we have a second item to be decided by our users. This time, it's for our new bonus points system.

Since the promotion system and bonus points system are tightly associated, we want our community to get what they wish for, and thus are opening another poll to help make the decision.

We have had numerous systems suggested to us both in private messages and posted on the forums. We have narrowed down the selection to a final two we feel actually met the requests we made of our users.

You will be able to vote here or on the main poll present on our index page.

I would also like to take the opporunity to let you know we will have some news regarding invites that will arrive very soon.

I hope everyone takes a few minutes of their time to read the bonus point systems suggested and to vote for the one you feel best fits your needs.

Cheers!

/MTV staff

Leave a comment:

• harvey5
    replied
    Originally posted by balingo View Post
    is this site invite m8 ??
    Yes, it is invite only. I just checked the site and I can assure you that in the invite section of this review is up to date:

http://www.torrent-invites.com/showthread.php?t=288142

Leave a comment:

• balingo
    replied
    is this site invite m8 ??

Leave a comment:

• noAH78
    replied

Dear friends,

At this moment while we are working on v1 of the site, we will go and sort also the promotion system and bonus points calculations.
    I will start this post first, with the promotion system.
    Our community has put their opinion here, we have chosen all of them and put them into a spreadsheet, for easy reading.
    Now, what we are asking from you, is to vote on what promotion system, you want for the site, and of course, the one that will be implemented.
    Though, don't rush to vote on the easier system, nothing fun in that
    The poll will last just one week, after this, we will start again, with a community discussion about the seedpoints formula and how the seedpoints will be awarded to everyone.
    So, dear community, we have some work to do together, because after that we will need to create an achievement system, badges and so on.

You can vote for the Promotion System here or on index page.

Hope you had a nice start of the week!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X