Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a private tracker necessary or appropriate for priveledged content distribution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is a private tracker necessary or appropriate for priveledged content distribution?

I'm a content creator (audiobooks) and want to distribute said audiobooks to those who support me. I'm looking at Torrents because I'm to damn cheap (and poor) to pay for hosting, especially relatively large files (0.5G/ea)

So I'm wondering if there is a way to give people a link that would (fairly simply and with common torrent clients) allow them to download the book(s) from my home computer (which is on all day but gets turned off at night.) If someone wants to share the link, that's on them, and I don't particularly care if it works. But I would like the link to not be publicly listed, or have the filenames publicly listed.

I'm philosophically opposed to all forms of DRM, so don't even suggest amazon, audible, distributing keys seperetely, or any of that crap.

So is this something achievable with bittorrent? Or do I need to look at other (more expensive) options?

The best I've come up with so far is to distribute a randomly-named zip file containing all the mp3's via public torrent trackers. Is there a better option? I'd also like to be able to share incomplete audiobooks, and share an updated torrent (with the same directory name, but one more file in it) at a latter date. Which obviously isn't practical with that approach.

So I'm wondering if there is a way to give people a link that would (fairly simply and with common torrent clients) allow them to download the book(s) from my home computer (which is on all day but gets turned of usa today protonmailf at night.) If someone wants to share the link, that's on them, and I don't particularly care if it works. But I would like the link to not be publicly listed, or have the filenames publicly listed.
    Last edited by DARKINATY; November 5, 2019, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Hello, I am happy to see your post here as a content creator. I also need good content for the https://writinguniverse.com/essay-draft/ site. This site is the best essay site so I want to share this site with all students and thinking to create content on this link.

Comment

Working...
      X